Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Speedy71

Yes it should have,

Look as a long time WDW/DL guest I LOVE MSEP as a nostalgic experience, However it's long past time for it to be taken offline refurbished with new tech and vehicle chassis and made a special event parade like for 4'th of july and other 'special' times.

The vehicles are so decrepit that on more than one occasion I've seen them bring out the tractors to haul some of the big floats which have no traction when the pavement is damp or wet.

Disney NEEDS a new nighttime parade, With the amount of MONEY WDW generates a new parade is not asking for much.

And let's not even talk about the rides.

Bacon

Why does anyone think anything other than some merch will tie into the 45th?
Remember THERE ARE FROZEN CUPCAKES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
Unknown.jpeg

GiveMeTheMusic

They don't usually like to take things from WDW. We aren't always known for taking care of parades. If they put in the time and effort to fix up MSEP, they will (rightfully) want to keep it for themselves. It's no secret that the new 60th anniversary entertainment received less-than-glowing reviews, so in a sense I'm sure they are happy to see everything go.

Only WOC-Celebrate got poor reviews. PTN and Forever have been massive hits and I can't understand why TDA would be in a hurry to ditch either one and yet...here we are.

brb1006

Are you predicting that there will be an announcement on this at 3:00PM or just saying that's when the live chat starts?
Livechat since people who have a twitter account are able to ask questions. Hopefully someone might bring this up.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Only WOC-Celebrate got poor reviews. PTN and Forever have been massive hits and I can't understand why TDA would be in a hurry to ditch either one and yet...here we are.

I've read on other boards that DL just doesn't want to handle having a nightly parade. They're set up to normally run seasonal nightly parades and they want to go back to that. While I think they'd love to keep PTN myself, my gut feeling is that the executives in Burbank aren't going to let it sit in the shed for half of the year so it's off to WDW. Also, it allows MSEP to return to DL and have a nice lengthy refurbishment, which it is in desperate need of - and then can return to seasonal status on the west coast. So, I don't think that DL wants to get rid of PTN, it is most likely being forced upon them.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've read on other boards that DL just doesn't want to handle having a nightly parade. They're set up to normally run seasonal nightly parades and they want to go back to that. While I think they'd love to keep PTN myself, my gut feeling is that the executives in Burbank aren't going to let it sit in the shed for half of the year so it's off to WDW. Also, it allows MSEP to return to DL and have a nice lengthy refurbishment, which it is in desperate need of - and then can return to seasonal status on the west coast. So, I don't think that DL wants to get rid of PTN, it is most likely being forced upon them.

MSEP doesn't need a refurbishment. MSEP needs to be lit on fire and shoved into the ocean.

mikenatcity1

Just with my opinion, I didn't like Disneyland Forever, but loved WOC-Celebrate and PtN. Knowing how they switch WOC out seasonally, I wasn't shocked to learn it was going away; I was a little shocked about Forever knowing they kept the 50th for 8ish years (I tried viewing from every vantage point- the only one I enjoyed was Main St). PtN was the biggest shock, especially with the crowds. But, if WDW needs an excuse to overhaul MSEP...what can you do...DL is used to not having a nightttime parade in the off season...and come November will have Christmas Fantasy until January (unless that changes).

GiveMeTheMusic

what can you do...DL is used to not having a nightttime parade in the off season...and come November will have Christmas Fantasy until January (unless that changes).

They can buy their own parade. WDW's inability to secure the proper funding to keep the "most attended theme park in the world" afloat is not Disneyland's problem.

That anyone in Disney would even consider shipping a 44 year old parade cross country again is mind-blowing. This is a multi-billion dollar entertainment conglomerate that managed to post growth in a quarter where they bled money into Shanghai. Their operating income for the 3rd quarter alone was nearly one billion dollars.

They can afford parades for both coasts. The lack of vision, leadership and creativity is not just sad, it's depressing.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
They can buy their own parade. WDW's inability to secure the proper funding to keep the "most attended theme park in the world" afloat is not Disneyland's problem.

That anyone in Disney would even consider shipping a 44 year old parade cross country again is mind-blowing. This is a multi-billion dollar entertainment conglomerate that managed to post growth in a quarter where they bled money into Shanghai. Their operating income for the 3rd quarter alone was nearly one billion dollars.

They can afford parades for both coasts. The lack of vision, leadership and creativity is not just sad, it's depressing.

WDW - the DL hand-me-down capital of the world

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom