Paid Fastpass System???

Pongo

Interruption? said:
...You're joking, right?

Well, no. They aren't.

The Fastpass system makes the stand-by lines MUCH longer than they would normally be sans-Fastpass.

So, in a way, xstechbabe is right.

MickeyTigg

beyondthepalace said:
Big note there everyone "Based on the level of resort they're staying in"

Staying at the All Star? Little perks
Staying at the Grand Floridian? Big Perks
All 3 Universal Hotels: same perks!

Universal needs it to get people to stay at their hotels.....that's really not an issue for Disney, especiall during the Peak Season.

Interruption?

Pongo said:
Well, no. They aren't.

The Fastpass system makes the stand-by lines MUCH longer than they would normally be sans-Fastpass.

So, in a way, xstechbabe is right.
She said that the standby lines were tops 20 minutes. I say BS. I've stood in line for SRS for 50 minutes before and I usually get a fastpass for SM and then do standby, an hour later when I get off the ride I go into the fastpass line.

Pongo

Interruption? said:
She said that the standby lines were tops 20 minutes. I say BS. I've stood in line for SRS for 50 minutes before and I usually get a fastpass for SM and then do standby, an hour later when I get off the ride I go into the fastpass line.

No no no. I'm talking before there were fastpasses. The lines really were that short.With fastpasses, the CMs have to stop the stand-by line from moving for minutes at a time in order to let fastpass holders through. In the past, without fastpasses, the lines were never stopped to let the fastpass holders through, thus you had lines that moved much faster. And if they didn't move faster, at least they were constantly moving.

RonAnnArbor

Pongo said:
No no no. I'm talking before there were fastpasses. The lines really were that short.With fastpasses, the CMs have to stop the stand-by line from moving for minutes at a time in order to let fastpass holders through. In the past, without fastpasses, the lines were never stopped to let the fastpass holders through, thus you had lines that moved much faster. And if they didn't move faster, at least they were constantly moving.

HUH??????? I've been going to Disney World since it opened...I am sure MANY MANY users here will recall before fastpast waits for Space Mountain were traditionally two hours long...even that horrendous 20K Leagues had two hour lines! COP used to have half hour waits or so. Jungle Cruise was always an hour to two hours. The only lines that used to move quickly were for the Haunted Mansion, and for Pirates -- and even those used to take about 45 minutes to an hour.

Trips to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (the other two parks didn't exist yet) were planned around which two or three attractions you would absolutely want to do, and where you would meet your parents afterwards (as the smarter parents among them chose to go see the shows, drink around the world, or whatnot rather than waiting in two hour lines). It was a miserable all-day ordeal to do a few attractions. That was one of the reasons the fastpass system was created to begin with -- to bring some magic back.

Fastpass has made a world of difference in wait times.

MistyMinnie

Disney's fastpass system works great. Why tinker with something that isn't broken? I will never pay for a fast pass and I want to see a family of five or six happily dish out an extra couple hundred bucks for a day in the park!

Main Street USA

There's no need for Disney to screw guests with a paid system. The fastpass system works awesome for anyone with half a brain. And before you ask, YES, I'm insulting you if you don't know how to use fastpass to your benefit well enough to not need a paid pass.

As said above by the people with the brains, Disney will NEVER use a paid system. If you think they will, enjoy being wrong for the rest of your life.

bluejayx

jeo cool

Joe Cool club is an option for season pass holder only and it get you discount throw out the park. It also allows you to have your parking pass on the your pass so you can take it from car to car. If you buy a combo pass Cedar Point, Sock City, and Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom it free and on a regual it only 15 dollers. in ways it kinda like th e perk that a passport gives

clarkstallings

During my orientation at Disney, several managers told us that Fastpass has increased agregate wait times. The purpose behind it was to keep more people out of line and in the park spending money. I've never been to Disney during a super busy time, but I can vouch for fastpass making wait times longer in the off season.

MickeyTigg

Main Street USA said:
There's no need for Disney to screw guests with a paid system. The fastpass system works awesome for anyone with half a brain. And before you ask, YES, I'm insulting you if you don't know how to use fastpass to your benefit well enough to not need a paid pass.

As said above by the people with the brains, Disney will NEVER use a paid system. If you think they will, enjoy being wrong for the rest of your life.

I think this is a bit harsh and not necessary for this discussion....but I agree with you basic point.

If the return time is less than the wait time for the ride....don't use Fastpass. If when you return for your Fastpass time the wait is longer than the walk on time....don't use your Fastpass.

I've never been in a FP line that was inordinately long....so, I'm not getting this "Fastpass has increased wait times" talk....I just haven't seen it.

peter11435

clarkstallings said:
During my orientation at Disney, several managers told us that Fastpass has increased agregate wait times. The purpose behind it was to keep more people out of line and in the park spending money. I've never been to Disney during a super busy time, but I can vouch for fastpass making wait times longer in the off season.
Even if Fastpass increased wait times there is still less people in line because of Fastpass. Thus it has acomplished its goal.

beyondthepalace

TiggerRPh said:
Universal needs it to get people to stay at their hotels.....that's really not an issue for Disney, especiall during the Peak Season.

Yes and no. You would be surprised how many hotel guests upon checking in do not know about the Express access with their hotel keys. It is a great perk for spending the amount of money for the hotel rooms.
Our hotels get very heavy traffic with conventions so a huge amount of our guests might not even be going to the parks. Chances are if your staying on Disney property your going to the parks.

Universal will never catch up to the level that Disney is on and we definitly give Disney recognition because if it wasn't for them, we would not be here!

Frumpy

but I can vouch for fastpass making wait times longer in the off season.[/QUOTE said:
Key words there are "off season" Fast pass rocks when it's busy but in the off season it seems like everyone would be better off without it imo.

Main Street USA

TiggerRPh said:
I think this is a bit harsh and not necessary for this discussion....but I agree with you basic point.

It is a little harsh, and it's not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but somtimes being harsh and direct is the only thing that sinks in. If I was polite, the next post would've been:

"So, is it possible that it will happen within the next three months?"

peter11435

beyondthepalace said:
Our hotels get very heavy traffic with conventions so a huge amount of our guests might not even be going to the parks. Chances are if your staying on Disney property your going to the parks.

Just wanted to point out that the same can be said for some Disney resorts.

brertigger

xstechbabe said:
Me personally...I would like to see fast pass go.

Buzz = less than 15 min even in summer...(we had low staffing one day...all the way to COP and only 20 min)

Stitch = Does anyone even go there anymore?

Space = 2 coasters? 20 min tops... by the time you get up the queue you are ready...

This past week, wait times (at different times during the week) were:
Buzz- 70+ minutes
Stitch- 60 minutes
Space- 80 minutes.

At times like this, Fastpass can save so much time! You can get the Fastpass, then go do other rides with a shorter wait, until your return time.

DisneyFreak1228

Universal's been charging for Express for years, however, it was an option at first, you could buy the Express pass for all the attractions offering Express or get individual ones for free. Now, it sounds as though they're charging for it only, and going to add it in with a resort stay to boost their bookings. Disney does not need to do this, since we easily book 100% of the resorts during peak.

And FP DOES make the stand-by wait longer. We have to stop the stand-by queue to let FP holders in, and the FP line ratio is ideally double (or more) that of the stand-by ratio.

Scooter

The only attraction that bothers me when it comes to fast pass is The Winnie The Pooh ride at magic Kingdom.

The reasons are two fold.

1) Its a popular ride with the kiddies and it gets full fast...hence lots of fast passers.

2) You can actually see the fast pass holders zipping through the lines to get on before you, and for some reason, because of this, it feels like the stand-by line comes to screeching halt just about the time it's your turn to get on the ride.

I've seen the fast pass line on this attaction backed up all the way out into the courtyard and I truly feel bad for the stand by users because I know how long it's going to be before THEY get to get on this ride.

While I know that they too, could have gotten a fast pass, sometimes parents have to make a quick decision whether to fast pass a ride or not. It's not always easy when you have children screaming in your ear that they want to ride Winnie The Pooh NOW. Sometimes it's easier just to get in the stand by line than to explain the fast pass system to your kids when they see something they like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom