Paid Fastpass coming to WDW SWGE?

Club Cooloholic

The magic band has no bearing on the fast pass process. It is just a substitute for a paper pass and ticket like they use at DL.
Right now in WDW you can book three in advance and then add one at a time after they are used using the app or kiosk. You could use a MaxPass option to eliminate the one at a time option that is currently free. Maybe make it three more instead of just one. There are several ways to do it.
See there is the rub, it's hard to take something away from someone what is free now. You can make as many fastpass reservations as you want at WDW on your phone, once the first 3 are used up. To be honest, I don't think Disney will admit it anytime soon, but smart phone technology took a big jump from when they first started developing the bands and got them out. I think if they could go back, knowing where that tech went and how much it is used they would have ditched bands all together and just let people do everything the bands do on their own phones and save an ungodly amount of money for the company

Club Cooloholic

They didn't bat an eye at taking free parking away from resort guests with cars.
Right, but can we stop saying they need maxpass? It would have to be something different. DL has fastpass tickets, MK has the bands and your phone. All maxpass does is let you book on your phone at DL... you would have to get rid of free Fastpass at MK. Please note too, that fast pass is much more limited at DL, there are not nearly as many rides that have it.

Last edited:

NormC

See there is the rub, it's hard to take something away from someone what is free now. You can make as many fastpass reservations as you want at WDW on your phone, once the first 3 are used up. To be honest, I don't think Disney will admit it anytime soon, but smart phone technology took a big jump from when they first started developing the bands and got them out. I think if they could go back, knowing where that tech went and how much it is used they would have ditched bands all together and just let people do everything the bands do on their own phones and save an ungodly amount of money for the company

You would not have to get rid of free FPs. You do not have to take anything away. A Maxpass option would just add more for a price. Currently you can only add one at a time after your first three were used. Maxxpass option could remove that limit and let you book three more or five more or whatever. The magic bands are irrelevant.

Last edited:

ljransom

Disney make a hell of a lot of money selling magic bands though, so I would say it's the opposite. The free ones they give away to onsite guests cost them hardly anything in comparison.

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
Disney make a hell of a lot of money selling magic bands though, so I would say it's the opposite. The free ones they give away to onsite guests cost them hardly anything in comparison.
I agree. My children LOVE to pick out their magic bands. I think Disney makes alot of cash from magic bands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom