• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Paid Fastpass coming to WDW SWGE?

nickys

Premium Member
Advertisement
Are there any rumors about paid fastpass coming for SWGE...of course, if & when fastpass is offered?

tigerlight

Just rumors....

Paid events (SWGE after hours) is far far more likely.

Disney would take a huge PR hit for a mass introduction of paid FP...

JTT

For after hours events, do they limit the number of tickets they sell?

TongaToast21

For after hours events, do they limit the number of tickets they sell?
they do. they usually don't "sell out" until a day or two before the actual event. Having these for SWGE would be a no brainer for guests that can afford it

nickys

Premium Member
Just rumors....

Paid events (SWGE after hours) is far far more likely.

Disney would take a huge PR hit for a mass introduction of paid FP...
Except that we already have insiders saying that paid FPs are certainly being actively considered, if not totally confirmed. Something like this seems less likely to be discarded than most rumours, such as a new dark ride for the U.K. pavilion, for example.

tigerlight

Except that we already have insiders saying that paid FPs are certainly being actively considered, if not totally confirmed. Something like this seems less likely to be discarded than most rumours, such as a new dark ride for the U.K. pavilion, for example.
Oh lord don't get started on the "Insiders." They don't know everything. Disney is a public company obsessed with it's public image. Obviously they know they can monetize FP but the efforts to do so have been extremely calculated and careful to avoid a PR problem. We'll see if it happens, but I'd still bet against it. They can make tons of $$ with after hours events/before hours events and avoid this issue.

embracejg

Oh lord don't get started on the "Insiders." They don't know everything.
While I'm with you on this part -- "insiders" can be right, but they're not infallible, and when they're wrong they don't admit it -- I'm skeptical about having too many After Hours events for SW:GE because of the impact it would have on necessary maintenance in the land after closing.

monothingie

Will Influence for Churros.
Premium Member
Oh lord don't get started on the "Insiders." They don't know everything. Disney is a public company obsessed with it's public image. Obviously they know they can monetize FP but the efforts to do so have been extremely calculated and careful to avoid a PR problem. We'll see if it happens, but I'd still bet against it. They can make tons of $$ with after hours events/before hours events and avoid this issue.
In full disclosure, you clearly have an axe to grind against a certain member of the forum who is one of the most accurate and knowledgable insiders around. So let's not hear your bravado about how you know better about things.

tigerlight

Why? They essentially have paid FP at Disneyland called MaxPass and Universal has their paid version. I am surprised WDW hasn't started it yet.
Never said it won’t happen. Just betting against it. MaxPass was add on over the legacy service... which remains free. Nothing got taken away.

tigerlight

So where is the PR hit?
Taking away a benefit that has been free for 20 years and used by hundreds of millions of people... especially when they can recover the ancillary revenue other ways (through events) and solve the initial crowding and access problem through eliminating FP...

Top Bottom