Packing Suggestions

56srogers

I read several times to grab dollar store ponchos. Are there any other items important besides the basic clothes sunscreen etc. Thanks

Dwarful

Some of the things I don't like to leave home w/o are extra hangers (never enough drawers and even when I call and ask for extra hangers they never bring enough). I grab a 12 pk. from the $1 store and leave them behind. I also bring a pop up clothes hamper (OK I am a little OCD and don't like a messy room).

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Here's my must takes.

For us coming from Scotland our suitcase has Cooling bandanas,wine waiters friend,refillable plastic bottle,extra batteries,our ADR reservation numbers,if there's anything that I've quoted that you wish to know,don't hesitate to ask.:wave:

Upvote 0

luv

Gum, if you want it. You can't buy it at WDW or OIA.

Garbage bags for laundry...or for garbage - those cans are so small!

Small pair of scissors. You have no idea how handy they may be!

Extra shoes, to have a dry pair in the event yours are soaked in the rain.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

A few clothespins (for hanging wet swimsuits or clothes on the line over the tub, using as a "chip clip," etc.) and a box of gallon-sized Ziploc bags (for packing toiletries, packaging leftovers for the fridge, packing wet or soiled clothes, holding electronics while on water rides, etc.).

Upvote 0

journ116

In addition to most of the items already listed (I really like the idea of clothes pins and Dollar Store hangers), I pack:

-a travel-sized tool kit: my FIL got us a mini-flashlight with interchangeable tool tips (a phillips-head screw driver has come in handy when having to change batteries in our travel fan or toys)
-travel-sized sewing kit
-travel-sized first aid kit (bandaids, Neosporin spray, adutl & children's chewable Tylenol, Zantac, Claritin, sunblock stick, chapstick, handy wipes & sanitizer)
-travel-sized Clorox spray (as soon as we get in the room, I spray ALL door/drawer handles, phone, remote, toilet lever, iHome station & sink knobs)
-Disney gift cards (this way we don't OVER spend by swiping our debit cards)
-an extra duffle bag to pack all of our souvineers in for traveling home
-Purex washer/dryer sheet (this way I don't have to pack as many clothes and will do the wash half way thru our stay)

Every year I try to edit my "must haves list," and every year my luggage gets heavier. Well, at least it's a good workout wheeling the bags!

Upvote 0

fdcfjj

Pre-soaped pads for cleaning refillable souvenir cups

Space Saver bags for packing dirty clothes, makes room for souvenirs and keeps dirty clothes separate from clean

Power Strip Extension Cord - never can have enough outlets for all rechargeables

Small travel or organizer bag for the park - holds camera, phone, glasses, gum, money, id. Some even have a water bottle holder. I recommended one that hangs across chest. I find the backpack too hot on your back walking around parks

Lip balm...airplane and Florida sun are very drying

Upvote 0

yensid67

cereal, throw away bowls, styrafoam cups and instant coffee, I hate the coffee there.

The best thing you can do BEFORE your trip, is to sit down and make a packin list to follow, eliminate things as you pack that you can buy once in Orlando. There are plenty of grocery stores nearby and there is even a grocery delivery service as well!

If you need any info on the delivery service, just ask here or look at the ads, I think there is an ad on here for the delivery service!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

We always take travel size toiletries and just toss them when we leave. Ziplock and garbage bags, extra wire hangers that my uniforms come on and we leave them. Travel size first aid kit, ibuprofen, and neosporin. Travel size sunscreen.

Upvote 0

timeman

The one thing I can add is to learn how to pack a bag correctly. A couple of months ago Felicia Day shared a video on how to pack a bag correctly. If you pack your bag correctly you can fit all the clothes you need for yourself in one travel bag.The video shows you how and it actually works. I was able to pack my bag last month using the steps shown in the video and get three pairs of pants, 8 shirts and extra socks and other things in one bag. The video shows the guy packing 18 separate items of clothing in one bag. Here is the link to the video. Pack for Weeks in one carry-on

Upvote 0

fdcfjj

The one thing I can add is to learn how to pack a bag correctly. A couple of months ago Felicia Day shared a video on how to pack a bag correctly. If you pack your bag correctly you can fit all the clothes you need for yourself in one travel bag.The video shows you how and it actually works. I was able to pack my bag last month using the steps shown in the video and get three pairs of pants, 8 shirts and extra socks and other things in one bag. The video shows the guy packing 18 separate items of clothing in one bag. Here is the link to the video. Pack for Weeks in one carry-on

That video was awesome. I never saw anything like that. Thanks for posting it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I read several times to grab dollar store ponchos. Are there any other items important besides the basic clothes sunscreen etc. Thanks

I have a pouch that I toss in what ever bag i am carrying. It may quite excessive but it doesn't weigh hardly anything and after years of going through the parks, I have found these items helpful.
Ponchos and a zip lock bag to put them in if wet. Along with this, I also cut up a sham-wow - to wipe down after getting soaked from the FL rain or a wet ride.
In the pouch i also have some advil, benedryl, a first aid kit, stain remover, sunscreen, eye glass repair kit, contact solution, just to name a few. I just stock up on the wee size ones at the store. I also have sanitizer, wipes, and tissue.

This pouch just tosses into the back pack or what ever bag i'm carrying.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom