Packing cubes...

Alison1975

I had never heard of them until today. Now we don't use luggage, we use duffle bags..lol..but I think I like the looks of the cubes..my type A self it thinking hummm I could make life even neater and more organized with these. So do any of you use them for packing?

Weather_Lady

I love our packing cubes! They help keep small items organized, your items compact, and the different colors help differentiate what-belongs-to-whom. I do a combination of bundling and cube packing: I pack one child's clothes (rolled to reduce space and minimize wrinkles) in two color-coded cubes (the ebags "slim" ones). I put my swimwear, undies, socks etc. in another cube. I use that cube as my "core" item for bundling my clothes, put the bundle in the suitcase, and then arrange the child's clothing cubes around the edges. My husband does the same for his clothes, and the other child's. This way, we're able to fit a week's worth of clothes for two people (one parent and one child) in each of two carry-ons! In fact, we'd probably use cubes for our clothes too, but we don't have enough at this point. (The cubes are relatively pricy.)

Plus, as another poster mentioned, when we go to unpack the items in the cubes, it's as easy as taking the cubes out, unzipping the top, and placing them in a dresser drawer.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
They were great for touring in Europe, where we were moving around a lot. No need to rummage through my suitcase every day, and it was easy to see what was clean or dirty. I just packed one empty one in a different color, and started filling it. I usually washed an item or two every night, so then I could put things back where they belonged when they dried by morning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom