package delivery

kimrn87

Has anyone had any experience with having packages delivered to your resort hotel room?? Bad or good? Recommend or not?

figmentmom

Package delivery to your resort is STILL the only way to go. I've never had a problem, and it beats lugging your stuff around, especially if it's fragile!!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we always do package delivery. Now that its right to the gift shop is there a time limit? Just curious, I cant imagine hauling the kids and the packages. I always wonder what people are thinking when I see them cramming onto a bus at night with kids and parcels in tow!

Upvote 0

2much2do

Originally posted by Jodigrl328
Only good experiences with package delivery. It's a shame they don't deliver to the rooms anymore. :(

I really feel this is NOT a big deal. Usually, the buses stop in front of the resort, and you have to go through the main building anyways to get to your room. At the All-Stars, you will pass right by the gift shop every day anyway. How hard is it to stop in and pick up your stuff????? No special trip needed, just on your way "home" the next day. I guess this might be a problem if you used your own car. Then you wouldn't pass right by the gift shop. This also has the added benefit (for Disney) that you are forced into the shop every day and will most likely spend some more $$$ there. If that is the case, then I would send Daddy and the kids up while I stopped to get the packages. Still, not a big deal, IMO. :)

Upvote 0

kal1484

We just got back, and were in consigure service (still can't spell it) but anywaz...they delivered our packages to our room......maybe they do it if you are staying in consigure??

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Used it often at Poly in Dec. I liked it better when they dropped it off in your room too. What a nice treat, kinda like th UPS man coming to your house!:lol:

Maybe some resort still take it to the room and other you have to pick them up at the gift shop.

Upvote 0

pixiedust32

As long as you are going to be there use Packagae Delivery - even if u have to pick it up in your hotel gift shop- it's better than lugging it around w/you all day long or waiting til the last minute and then not finding your item

I have used it several times - always been relaible as long as it's not the day before you are leaving - they need at least overnight

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

When I went to WDW I got the battery monorail and the Spaceship Earth and the Cont. Resort and had it shiped home. You dont pay tax and the shipping was free!!! I would suggest this. I think it is only through hotel gift shops???

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

It is for any type of purchase even little cheap things like T-shirts. We have used it several times for books, as well as for pricier items and have been very happy with the service.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by savannahsmiles
Does anyone know if the package delivery is for any type of purchase? Even just a tee-shirt or something small like that?

I just wanted to save some embaressment!!;)

Yes Anything
I had a CD delivered, but when I was there I saw someone doing it for a few pencils (a waste of Disney's $$$$$$!!!)

Upvote 0

Invero

Like everyone is saying, Package delivery is the way to go, even if you do have to go to a main location at your resort. I mean, who wants to lug around a shopping bag all day through the rides?

Also, someone mentioned Package Pickup... those of you staying off property can use this one... your purchases will be held, and sent to the front of the park, so that you pick everything up at the end of your day, and don't have to lug it around.

One thing I would like to mention... I've heard a lot of merchandise cast members mention this... (unless this has changed)

PLEASE... inform the cashier that you would like Package Delivery/Pickup *BEFORE* they start your transaction. By doing this, it speeds up the transaction, and saves them a LOT of handwritten paperwork. :) They'll appreciate it!

Upvote 0

leeocean

Package delivery is quite convenient - only good experiences. Just tell them that you are staying at a resort, fill out a form and the package arrives the next day in your room!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

PLEASE... inform the cashier that you would like Package Delivery/Pickup *BEFORE* they start your transaction. By doing this, it speeds up the transaction, and saves them a LOT of handwritten paperwork. :) They'll appreciate it!

Oh yeah!! pleeeeease mention it BEFORE the sale is done! It was awful when we had to do it afterwards! :(

;)

Upvote 0
I've had mostly good. Last year though we had a package shipped from MK and 3 days later still hadnt got received it so we told them what we purchased and a pckg was in our room that afternoon with a big apology

Upvote 0

Disneypro

Just to remind everybody

Although it was mentioned before, package delivery is no longer to your room unless you are a concierge level guest. You can still have the packages sent to your resort but they are kept at a central location for pick-up.
For example, at the WL the packages are all sent to the trading post and you pick them up there

Upvote 0

Cosmo

I don't think you can use package delivery for food products. We tried to use it for a bunch of chocolate :slurp: in italy and the castmember said that we could do package pick up but not delivery to the resort.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

they will pretty much deliver anything!!! I sent back a T shirt and a postcard and they had no problem with it so I dont think there is a question of a certain dollar amount that had to be spent. They did deliver the package to my resorts gift shop. No big deal for me though!! Try it you'll like it!!!!

Upvote 0

JenLUVSmickey

I was there this past January and stayed at All-Star Music and they didn't deliver to the rooms. It was sent to the nearest gift shop and you just stopped by to pick it up.

Either way I think it is a great idea! I like walking around the parks with NOTHING in my hands.

I never had a problem with the delivery.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom