Pack N Play strategies

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if there will be enough room in the bathroom of a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge to fit a Pack N Play and make that my baby's "bedroom"? My wife is EXTREMELY sensitive to every squeak and chirp that the baby makes in her sleep and she's worried that she won't be able to get a good night's rest if the baby is in the same room as us. She's willing to sacrifice the bathroom and use the one in the lobby for late night pit stops if necessary.

ToTBellHop

Can anyone tell me if there will be enough room in the bathroom of a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge to fit a Pack N Play and make that my baby's "bedroom"? My wife is EXTREMELY sensitive to every squeak and chirp that the baby makes in her sleep and she's worried that she won't be able to get a good night's rest if the baby is in the same room as us. She's willing to sacrifice the bathroom and use the one in the lobby for late night pit stops if necessary.
We weren't able to. There is a little alcove where the sinks are that could hold the Pack and Play, though, which would at least reduce the noise. Earplugs?

EOD K9

Wow. My wife and I had two pack n plays at BLT and VWL studio. There was plenty of room by the window. But, that doesn't help. The alcove where the sink may be your only option. It wont fit in the bathroom.

dreamfinder

If you loft it so it's in the shower and over the toilet, maybe. But I don't think you could open/close the door if you did that. The enclosed space is really only big enough for the shower/tub, toilet, and door opening space. Most of the "space" is the alcove area with the sinks.

Edisney83

Hijacking Thread to ask another question... Do resorts offer pack and plays? We are staying at Caribbean Beach resort. Thanks.:joyfull:

ToTBellHop

Hijacking Thread to ask another question... Do resorts offer pack and plays? We are staying at Caribbean Beach resort. Thanks.:joyfull:
Yes. Request at check-in. There should be one in your room in the closet, but if there isn't, they will bring one. They also have bedrails for once your wee ones are no longer so wee and can climb out of the Pack and Play (which is usually earlier than kids can climb out of their cribs).

Edisney83

Yes. Request at check-in. There should be one in your room in the closet, but if there isn't, they will bring one. They also have bedrails for once your wee ones are no longer so wee and can climb out of the Pack and Play (which is usually earlier than kids can climb out of their cribs).
THANKS!

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
It won't fit. I also think sleeping in a bathroom is not very sanitary.
Moreover, I hope you guys realize that your room might be really, really far away from the lobby to use these bathrooms instead! AKL is huge!
I know, I know. And we're trying to get on the Kudu Trail side so we'll be as far as it gets. I told my wife we'd be better off renting a golf cart and driving it through the sunset savanna to use the Kidani lobby, as it's probably closer as the crow flies.

Nubs70

Throw some pillows in the tub and zip tie your car's cargo net over the top and you should be good.

DizneyPryncess

I'm also a really light sleeper for the same reason! On our trips to Disney, we always put our daughter in her pack n play on the far side of the room from me. I would then take the bed closer to the door. I also use ear plugs, and pack a fan (if you're driving, this works out.) With the fan on, and ear plugs in, I managed to get some sleep! If she would wake up, my husband could hear her so there was no worry about us not hearing her.

ToTBellHop

You Don't have to wait until checkin. Request it now so it's waiting in your room at check in:)
Maybe I've been unlucky, but I requested Pack and Plays for our August 2013 trip at Contempory, January 2014 at Wilderness Lodge, March 2014 at CBR, and May 2014 at Coronado. Not once did the request actually get to the hotel. I had to ask at check in. And sometimes call Mousekeeping. That's what got the job done. There seems to be a disconnect between online checkin and room amenity requests. Room location requests go through, at least.

princessmommy

Maybe I've been unlucky, but I requested Pack and Plays for our August 2013 trip at Contempory, January 2014 at Wilderness Lodge, March 2014 at CBR, and May 2014 at Coronado. Not once did the request actually get to the hotel. I had to ask at check in. And sometimes call Mousekeeping. That's what got the job done. There seems to be a disconnect between online checkin and room amenity requests. Room location requests go through, at least.
I don't trust online check in either. I have it noted on the reservation.

Weather_Lady

It must be hit-and-miss.

We've never needed or requested a Pack 'n Play (we've never even had an infant or toddler on our reservation), yet there has always been one in our room, taking up space we wished we could have used for something else -- CBR in 2005, PORS in 2012, VWL in 2014.

Given our respective luck and the continued persistence of Murphy's Law, we should make a deal: let's plan simultaneous visits next time, and we'll give you the Pack 'n Play that will inevitably be lurking in our room, unbidden and unwanted! :)

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

White-Noise Machine? Earplugs? Stiff libations? Whatever works. We couldn't fit a Pack&Play in our bathrooms at CR or BC if we tried (which we didn't). We did fit Pack&Play (our own) in Garden Room at CR when ours were little. Good luck.

PoorSkippy

Silly question, but any chance the Pack&Play could fit in the closet? That sounds really horrible...I was just thinking, there's a door, you could use your bathroom...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Not what you asked, but I can give a true tale from experience that Coronado Springs has a set-up that worked for us. There, the sink area can be separated from the rest of the hotel room with a set of sliding doors. We put our pack n play there and closed the doors. That allowed us to 1) sleep as thd doors blocked out small noises, 2) hear him if he really started crying, 3) use the toilet at night if need be, as long as we were quiet opening the sliding doors, and 4) not have to deal with the weird feeling of our kid sleeping in the bathroom (which I admit wouldn't have been based on anything rational, but still feels strange).

Of course, that's CSR, and not AKL -- big downgrade in level of service. But I know of no other resort on property that has a similarly useful partition in a standard room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom