Pack N Play strategies

Courtney6682

Can anyone tell me if there will be enough room in the bathroom of a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge to fit a Pack N Play and make that my baby's "bedroom"? My wife is EXTREMELY sensitive to every squeak and chirp that the baby makes in her sleep and she's worried that she won't be able to get a good night's rest if the baby is in the same room as us. She's willing to sacrifice the bathroom and use the one in the lobby for late night pit stops if necessary.

I am the same way...I can hear 2 cotton balls touching eachother...I am a SUPERRRR light sleeper my youngest step-daughter is a violent sleeper...tossing, turning...always banging around and talking in her sleep...im worried about her being in the room with us...I'm packing ear plugs

EOD K9

I can speak from experience and say that all the villas I have stayed in have a Pack n Play. It is easier to go to your room and dial mousekeeping directly. They also have a small stash of actual cribs available when you call them.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
I can speak from experience and say that all the villas I have stayed in have a Pack n Play. It is easier to go to your room and dial mousekeeping directly. They also have a small stash of actual cribs available when you call them.
This depends on resort and room type. Villas should all have the Pack N Play in the unit at all times. Every resort has them available upon request. Only deluxe resorts have even the chance of a "real" crib, and even then they're pretty rare.

Belle_MTL

Have you considered staying at a Fort Wilderness cabin? We stayed in a 1 bedroom at AKL last year for 4 nights after a week at FW and I found the noise in the hallway to be much more bothersome than my toddler who talks in his sleep. Though I fully understand the appeal of the AKL and the beautiful animals!
Also as others have mentioned, a white noise app is a must!! We used ours all the time at the AKL.

amybosshard

Like your wife, I am an incredibly light sleeper. On our last stay we brought a tension rod and a very long curtain. We put the rod in in the "hallway area" across. Our youngest slept in the pack and play placed by the closets. We pulled the curtain closed at night. We were still able to use the bathroom, just pushing the curtain, and were able to watch tv at night. This was a huge lifesaver for me and I was able to sleep great for the whole vacation. And super easy to pack in luggage...

arich35

I am going to bring this thread all the way back from the grave.

We are going to be staying at Pop Century, 3 adults and a 13 month old. We have requested a pack n play, any good spots we could set it up? I know its going to be tight in there but if we can somehow block out most of the light to give her some darkness and us some room to roam around a bit besides outside/going to the lobby that would be ideal.

Nubs70

We are going to be staying at Pop Century, 3 adults and a 13 month old. We have requested a pack n play, any good spots we could set it up? I know its going to be tight in there but if we can somehow block out most of the light to give her some darkness and us some room to roam around a bit besides outside/going to the lobby that would be ideal.
Duct tape the 13 month-old to the bathroom wall and shut the door.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Honestly I wonder where you can set up a pack n play at all, let alone give your baby darkness without turning off all the lights.

Room picture with Murphy bed folded up (note the two chairs at the table...when the bed is down, you need to find a place to store the chairs.)

C3B27C7E-4A0D-4D5C-B9F3-A52C5914210F.jpeg

The beds and nightstands fill up the entire wall from bathroom to exterior door.

30306F80-A84A-4977-96C8-918220CDB6CB.jpeg

1789B233-6C30-4A7D-B087-145D73FF3FB3.jpeg

0D709027-1724-4A44-A7B5-0368745D209E.jpeg

Opposite wall contains fridge unit, dresser and TV. Fridge unit is almost next to the window. The space between fridge unit and dresser can store the chairs or (possibly) a pack n play.

A15667C9-333E-4E69-8849-5AC89F87837F.jpeg

The space on the other side of the dresser is about the same size (review top picture ~ the red door is a connecting door.) I stored my suitcase on a luggage rack and one of the chairs in that space. Pack n play would probably fit.

A large barn door covers the bathroom vanity area (see top pic). Not sure if a pack n play would fit in here, the space was pretty tight, IIRC.

7DA3CC77-A791-478D-A01C-497789AB0553.jpeg

There is only one sink.

Toilet/shower area is tiny.
C404C360-1A9A-42B9-81B7-66FF201CC47A.png

Pop rooms are functional with lots of storage, but not a lot of room. Be prepared to be cozy.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@Tuvalu
Is the toilet/shower separated by a door from the sink?
Would there be enough room in the sink area to set up a pack n play?
There is a door to the toilet/shower area. If you look again at the first picture above, you can see the entire sink area is not very deep nor wide. In picture #6, I was literally standing in the doorway if the toilet area. I don’t think a pack n play will fit (and even if it did, you couldn’t get to the sink or toilet).

jmojul1

I know this is an old thread but for anyone reading it now; On Amazon you can buy breathable (obviously) black out covers specifically made for Pack & Plays. Our two daughters just bought them on recommendation from several of their friends and they plan to use them next week when we go. Another bit of advice; the “mattress” on the bottom is only the 1” pad P&Ps come with so you might want to consider bringing a compressed piece (for packing) of memory foam to put under the sheet!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Also just as an aside, the pack and play fits in both the VGF studio bathroom (it is a split bathroom - the pack and play fits on one side) and the extra bathroom at the poly studios. The only reason it fits in the VGF studio is because it has a pocket door and not a swing door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom