Overtime Pay Question

AndrewRnR

Original Poster
I'm a full time cast member in attractions and I got a question on overtime pay. I know about after 8 hours and such but my question is in regards to number of days working in a row. Last week I had Sunday and Monday off, and been working every day since with my next day off being this Thursday. I was scheduled that. Do I get overtime(or even doubletime) after my 6th straight day since I am working 9 days in a row?

wedway71

I'm a full time cast member in attractions and I got a question on overtime pay. I know about after 8 hours and such but my question is in regards to number of days working in a row. Last week I had Sunday and Monday off, and been working every day since with my next day off being this Thursday. I was scheduled that. Do I get overtime(or even doubletime) after my 6th straight day since I am working 9 days in a row?

I dont work for Disney but was in Management/Human Resources in the state of Florida for a very long time..

I would probably say no. Unless Disney has a different OT Policy than other companies in the state or even country for that matter you could work 9 days in a row and not get it.

Some companies pay OT for anything over 8 hours a day and some pay for anything over 40 hours per week or both.

I dont know what the pay week is but most companies are Sun-Sat.

If that is the case, if you had Su and Mo off,worked the rest of the week up till Wed it is considered another week even though it is 9 days back to back so you would not encur the over 40 hour mark.

Again,I dont work for Disney ,but any company I have managed in Florida was that way.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It's your 8 or 10 hour day (whichever is your regular schedule, some CM's work 4x10hrs days) and 40 hrs per week. Disney's week goes Sat-Sun, so you wont get overtime.

As far as Disney is concerned you worked a 5 day week and a 4 day week.

Doubletime is had when you have less then 8 hours between scheduled shifts.

Hello AndrewRnR,
The 7th day double time pay requires to work 7 days during the same pay period, so sunday to saturday only. I f you work 7 days monday to sunday, sunday is regular pay rate and saturday would be your 6th day so that would be overtime what ever hours you work.

any other question feel free to pm me.

lata.

echoscot

These two guys gave you the best answer. The only thing I can add is that the week actually goes from 8AM Sunday to 8 AM Sunday.

If you ever have any questions about your pay in regards to the contract, even if you are not a union member you have the right to speak with a shop steward about the contract. Your first line of defense, though should be to call the ETR clerks directly or speak with your manager. They usually have copies of the contract and can look for you and help you understand how pay works. Those things are all specifically negotiated in the Services Trades Contract negotiations and the unions and Company operate according to those guidelines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom