Over rated rides

graphite1326

Well...it may not count at this point and I may be burned at the stake for saying so but I always felt Maelstrom was the most over rated ride in the parks. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun ride and decent diversion but after all the fandom and buildup for the ride I was underwhelmed once I finally rode it.
What I really didn't like about this ride is you wait at least 30 minutes for a 2 minute ride. I guess they were trying to make up for the length with the film which no one watched.

graphite1326

My list, with reasons.

7DMT: Really? That's where the ride ends?
Peter Pan: I'm a purist and like to keep things as they were. That said, this ride needs an update baaaaad.
Any pixar attraction: As far as I'm concerned these rides are just for fickle kids (i don't mind Dumbo/baby rides). The kids will outgrow these rides. They don't have the imagination or lasting appeal like the original dark rides.
Jungle Cruise: Fun at night, but again, could use some updates. A little corny.
RnR Coaster: So many reasons (mostly Aerosmith reasons) why this ride doesn't work for me. Also it peaks on the launch.
Soarin': I guess it's not worth the wait. Doesn't tie in to Epcot.
Mission: Space: don't get me started.
That's all I can think of right now.

P.S. Maelstrom ruled. Sure, it was short on thrills, but it had a definite mood to it.
you are strange

TXDisney

We purposely try and go to wdw during low times, but as the years have gone by, the low times are more and more crowded. Meaning depending how long your visit is you might not be able to ride everything. Fast passes help with this for long wait times, but only able to do 3 then 1 at a time after doesn't guarantee you much especially at MK. We were just at wdw 2 weeks ago for a week and the only rides we had to wait on long lines for were 7 dwarves (75min) and Kilimanjaro safari (50min) everything else was either fast passed or less then 30min. For me no ride at wdw is worth over an hour wait.

EnergyKing

What I really didn't like about this ride is you wait at least 30 minutes for a 2 minute ride. I guess they were trying to make up for the length with the film which no one watched.

Have you been on Peter Pan? You wait 90 minutes for that one. At least Maelstrom has (excuse me, had) a great atmosphere. It went backwards also, pretty novel. Sure it was short, that's not debatable. Another drop, another scene, would've sufficed.

barkerbird

I'm torn between Soarin' and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

The only problem I have with Soarin' is the outrageous wait times. I'm excited for the refurb though!

Mine Train: not only are the lines extremely long, the ride itself is such a disappointment. "Hey it's the seven dwarfs! Oh, we're done.."

Magenta Panther

Soarin'. I used to read raves about it. When I rode it, it was the biggest mess of meh ever. The film was so grainy it was impossible to feel immersed or suspend disbelief. Haven't ridden it since.

psherman42

For me, Peter Pan is overrated. While I enjoy going on it, I just don't understand how and why the line gets so long so quickly in the morning. It's quite ridiculous.

thomas998

in your opinion what is the most over rated ride

Not sure about the question... Overrated in terms of what? Wait time? that would be 7 dwarves as it has the longest line of all right now... But in terms of what the ride actually is then I would say the Treehouse... If I'm really being honest about it I would say any ride that has more than a 15 minute wait is overrated by me because if left to me I just won't bother waiting for any of them anymore... Ridden every ride I cared to ride enough now that I'm only going as my kids bodyguard and really hoping for the time when I can just let them go off by themselves and I can lay by the pool.

Csmith041177

Boy these types of questions are always tough, because there is always someone who has that particular ride as their favorite! With that disclaimer, I would say Big Thunder Mountain. Before you all start with a public outcry, I really really enjoy BTM. However, I don't think that the experience balances out the hype that it gets. Honestly, I can't believe I just wrote that. I may reply to my own post and yell at myself.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Boy these types of questions are always tough, because there is always someone who has that particular ride as their favorite! With that disclaimer, I would say Big Thunder Mountain. Before you all start with a public outcry, I really really enjoy BTM. However, I don't think that the experience balances out the hype that it gets. Honestly, I can't believe I just wrote that. I may reply to my own post and yell at myself.
I kind of agree actually. I find it the least exciting mountain at MK.

Edward M

MK: Peter Pan. 2 hour wait for a 2 minute ride. Needs an update badly.
EP: Test Track. It's just so much worse than it should be for such an expensive and popular ride.
HS: Toy Story Mania. I really like it, but I wouldn't wait too long for it. It isn't much more than an overblown Wii game (albeit an enjoyable one)
AK: Expedition Everest. I really enjoy it, but it is really just a roller coaster at its core and not a great one at that. The environment is fantastic but I just don't think it is one of Disney's best rides or even coasters.

sonoma15

Epcot - Soarin'
Magic Kingdom - Peter Pan's Flight
Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids (Even though its not that liked around here the GP seems to think its the best thing ever)
HWS - No overrated rides (TSMM a little but it will be better with 3rd track)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom