Over rated rides

KikoKea

Test Track. When they updated it, the queue and ride lost it's charm. Now, it is a sterile and boring ride with a brief flash of fun at the very end. Now, we either skip it entirely or use the single rider line for one ride, then move on.

Disneyyensid

Original Poster
That's interesting. Can you tell us more about why you're not a fan?

I've always felt conflicted about Splash. I absolutely love riding it, but in terms of overall attraction quality, it doesn't feel immersive: conveyor belts, show lighting visible, painted backgrounds on walls, etc. I think some projection mapping of clouds on the walls would go a long way, and an update to the conveyor systems so there aren't belts visible at the bottoms/tops of lifts, if possible.

I never went to Disney as a kid and I think if I rode it when I was younger I would like it but I just don't like getting wet. The ride isn't worth getting soaked

Kate F

I never went to Disney as a kid and I think if I rode it when I was younger I would like it but I just don't like getting wet. The ride isn't worth getting soaked
You honestly don't even get that wet on the ride though. I actually wish you got more wet. You would probably hate the water rides at Universal then.
Sincerely,
A huge Splash Mountain fan

JandT2014

That's interesting. Can you tell us more about why you're not a fan?

I've always felt conflicted about Splash. I absolutely love riding it, but in terms of overall attraction quality, it doesn't feel immersive: conveyor belts, show lighting visible, painted backgrounds on walls, etc. I think some projection mapping of clouds on the walls would go a long way, and an update to the conveyor systems so there aren't belts visible at the bottoms/tops of lifts, if possible.
I wish I could have input! Splash was down EVERY time we tried to ride it, we were on a 2 week Disney vaca! Crazy! Sorry, very random, this just really bugs me still :)

JandT2014

I just don't get that! What is it about Peter Pan that people wait so long for? It's crazy! Even right now it's at 80 minutes!
I don't know if you really wanted an answer, but this film meant a lot to me and is the pinnacle of childhood and imagination. Who didn't wish they could fly as a kid? This ride delivers that wish, for me anyway:) it was a magical ride, but no, not 80 minutes magical!

KaliSplash

There are a number. Not a fan of Stitch, but many people are not. Not a fan of the speedway, but the younger set loves it. Not a fan of Dumbo, ditto the younger set. Peter Pan is probably it at the Magic Kingdom. It's just not that great and certain not worth the wait.
At Epcot, I'd have to say Mexico's boat ride.
At the Studios, nothing really awful there. Not a fan of the train ride at Animal Kingdom, but again, don't know many people who think it's wonderful. Of the rides that really seem to be popular, I'd have to go with Peter Pan

The Empress Lilly

Splash
Soarin'
Dole Whips & Turkey legs
Fantasmic!

Pan is a great darkride. Flying out of a children's bedroom over a nightly London, on a Pirate ship!, is one of Disney's crowning moments, but the ride draws lines that are a little too long for what it's worth. Perhaps not overrated, but too popular.

This is going to make a lot of people mad but I'm not a big fan of splash mountain
Totally. It's fun, but quite overrated.

JandT2014

Splash
Soarin'
Dole Whips & Turkey legs
Fantasmic!

Pan is a great darkride. Flying out of a children's bedroom over a nightly London, on a Pirate ship!, is one of Disney's crowning moments, but the ride draws lines that are a little too long for what it's worth. Perhaps not overrated, but too popular.

Totally. It's fun, but quite overrated.
Yes, Dole whip and turkey leg couldn't live up to the fandom. Actually didn't like the turkey leg

JonnyK

I like everything, but mission space - dont get me wrong i do love mission space but i prefer seeing horizons there instead.

rkleinlein

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Too short and underwhelming to be the much-hyped star of the Fantasyland expansion and newest Magic Kingdom attraction. It pales in comparison to other MK attractions that have been there for decades.
Test Track: It's disappointing as a ride and has laughably amateurish theming and effects. I've never understood the appeal of this attraction--aside from the fact that there's hardly anything else to ride in Epcot.

Chef Mickey

Oh and Haunted Mansion
1c941ea3619aed9de36ec61914b34849.jpg

Disneyhead'71

MK: 7DMT- A shockingly unambitious effort.

Epcot: Test Track- About as exciting as riding in Grandpa's Cadillac Convertible.

DHS: TSMM- Just like the Wii when you only own one game.

DAK: Everest- Mediocre coaster. Horrible theming. Bad execution. And a busted climax scene.

dizda

Well...it may not count at this point and I may be burned at the stake for saying so but I always felt Maelstrom was the most over rated ride in the parks. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun ride and decent diversion but after all the fandom and buildup for the ride I was underwhelmed once I finally rode it.
I have to agree. A short boat ride followed by a 10 minute documentary film? I did not understand the appeal. As a side note, why were so many of the World Showcase rides (including the ones not built) just boat rides?

barkerbird

MK: Peter Pan. 2 hour wait for a 2 minute ride. Needs an update badly.
EP: Test Track. It's just so much worse than it should be for such an expensive and popular ride.
HS: Toy Story Mania. I really like it, but I wouldn't wait too long for it. It isn't much more than an overblown Wii game (albeit an enjoyable one)
AK: Expedition Everest. I really enjoy it, but it is really just a roller coaster at its core and not a great one at that. The environment is fantastic but I just don't think it is one of Disney's best rides or even coasters.
I agree with Toy Story Mania. The queue is fantastic, but the ride is a letdown. I would much rather ride Space Ranger Spin.

I have to disagree about Everest. It's much more than a coaster. Rip Ride Rocket at Universal is just a coaster. It's an experience, and a highly immersive one. I think it has one of the best queues ever. It's also the most thrilling ride at WDW. The only problem is the non-working Yeti.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom