Trip Report Outside the Bubble

Hello friends!

This report will be different from previous reports because as the title states we stayed outside of the bubble. After two trips last year, it was decided we would skip this year and head to the beach for our family vacation, but we just couldn't stay away. However, we did not stay on property nor did we visit any of the 4 main parks, but we did have some Disney fun. So if you are interested, stay tuned!

Me (Heather), Cam and Josh
family pic.jpg

cgersic

I'm seeing everyone calling the miniature golf "putt putt" and it's making me laugh. I always thought it was a Western thing (I'm from Colorado) because all of our miniature golf courses were the brand "Putt-Putt". I've now lived in SW Florida for 26 years and this is the first time I've heard it called putt putt instead of miniature golf. :joyfull:
Golfing John Krasinski GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I'm seeing everyone calling the miniature golf "putt putt" and it's making me laugh. I always thought it was a Western thing (I'm from Colorado) because all of our miniature golf courses were the brand "Putt-Putt". I've now lived in SW Florida for 26 years and this is the first time I've heard it called putt putt instead of miniature golf. :joyfull:
Golfing John Krasinski GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie
That's funny! I've lived in South Louisiana my whole life and I've never called it Miniature Golf!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Great report! We played winter summer land a few years ago and had a different type of guest join us.
View attachment 648321

That villa looked really nice. Sometimes it’s good to have a nice slow vacation, but it is tough being so close to the parks and not going!
EEEEK. I hate snakes! We had one longer than that on our driveway last week and my husband was like oh that's a good snake. Uh, no it's not. He just pushed it off into the pasture so it can just come back later! I'm glad we didn't see one of those visitors when we were there!

The villa was really nice and we most certainly enjoyed relaxing. Even with our Disney trips we try to slow down and enjoy the pool and relax some.

Thanks for reading!

fractal

Thanks for the great report! - we considered renting a place at Windsor Hills a few times so it was interesting hearing your perspective. The extra space and ability to cook, grill and enjoy some private time with the family seem like a great benefit but I completely understand missing the bubble.

Lilofan

Great report! We played winter summer land a few years ago and had a different type of guest join us.
View attachment 648321

That villa looked really nice. Sometimes it’s good to have a nice slow vacation, but it is tough being so close to the parks and not going!
We stick to the sidewalks and try to avoid walking on grass in FL. At least we can see the snakes in front of us better on the sidewalks.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Thanks for the great report! - we considered renting a place at Windsor Hills a few times so it was interesting hearing your perspective. The extra space and ability to cook, grill and enjoy some private time with the family seem like a great benefit but I completely understand missing the bubble.
Thank you! The things you listed are definitely the best perks of renting a place. For my husband, the biggest turn off was the customer service we got with the issues we had. It could be this particular rental company, but there was no rush to fix the things we paid for and we never did receive the refund we were promised. While the price for the space and amenities is significantly cheaper than staying on property, for us we'd rather stay on property during a true Disney trip.

pkkurz

We own a condo in Windsor Hills and absolutely love it there. I understand the “missing the bubble”, the year before we bought the condo we paid Mr. Disney for 32 nights on property. That’s when we started shopping for a condo. We have owned there since 2016 and since then the resort has really stepped up their game. Lots of improvements like adding a water park. Each property is individually owned and most owners have invested in updates and renovations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom