Outside guest staying in your resort room for a couple of nights, what's the protocol

Mikester71

Hey everybody. Just had a couple of quick questions here about having an outside guest come stay a few nights with us next March while we are at Pop for our Spring Break trip. My wife mentioned to me today that she was thinking of asking our niece if she would like to come spend a few days with us and her Grandma next March while we are on our 10 day WDW trip. We have two rooms at Pop and our rooms and packages are already paid for. There are 4 adults and 1 child in the 2 rooms, so we split it up to have 2 adults in each room so that we won't have to incur the extra charge for an extra adult. If my niece decides to come over and stay with us for a few days (she is also an adult), what is my best way of getting her added to our rooms only for the days she will be there? Can I just go down to the front desk area and ask them to add her on to one of the rooms and can I still use my AAA/CAA card to get her a discount? And can I also get her park passes at the Pop front desk or do I have to get it at one of the parks? :shrug:

Mikester71

Original Poster
Mike sounds like you need to make some phone calls to disney.It was a hot one today over on this side of the river.

Hot over here too Carl...at least 85+ or more out there today! :hammer:Too hot for me. How's your summer going? Good I hope. Anyways, yeah...am thinking I might just have to make a call to Disney or Pop Century to see what to do IF she does decide to join us. She moved from Port Huron to Alabama a couple of years ago and we had planned on stopping in Alabama on the way back home for a quick visit. Like I said in my post, my wife mentioned to me this morning that we should see if she could get some time off work and just come visit us for a few days at WDW. It would save us having to detour through Alabama on the way home and give us all a chance to hang out for a few days.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what my niece ends up saying about all this before making too many plans.

Upvote 0
If she is only coming for a night or two, I honestly wouldn't bother. It's not that I'm advocating trying to screw Disney over, but all the hassle on their and your end...it just might make it easier to give her a room card and consider her a visitor. That way you could just order her a one or two day pass online or purchase them at the parks.

(We had my cousin visiting us and her little one got sick before they left for the evening, so we offered them our bed so they could get a good night's sleep before taking off the next morning. I didn't feel too bad about it...:confused:)

If she's coming for longer, then it's up to you how you'd like to handle it - I would think Disney would add $10 to one of your rooms per the amount of days she is there, as well as issuing her a room card. They'll be able to tell you whether or not they can add her park days to her room card.

What a lucky niece you have! :))):wave: I'm already jealous and I just got back on Wednesday!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the suggestions! After talking to my mother-in-law, it doesn't sound like my niece is going to be able to join us after all. But I am still going to hold out hope that she can maybe make it for a day or two. Hopefully she can find the time. If she can't, we are just going to swing by her place on our way home since we haven't seen her in a few years and miss seeing her. We are heading down from up north here and she lives in Alabama now, so we thought we might as well try and hook up with her somewhere down her way. Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom