Outdoor Night Movies at Resorts

Blonde Princess

My Brother just returned from Disney. He stayed at Saratoga Springs where he is a DVC Member. He indicated that each night, weather permitting, there was an outdoor movie on a giant blow-up screen at the pool. Does anyone know if this is exclusive to Saratoga Springs or DVC Resorts and/or Deluxe Resorts. We will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas next week and would like to know any particular information regarding these movies at that resort. Thanks.

Chape19714

It is done during busier time periods and during good weather. Fort Wilderness is the only resort that does outdoor movies nightly, and it's open to all WDW Resort Guests. Check with the front desk upon arrival.

Upvote 0

bfbulldog

I highly recommend you go over to Fort Wilderness Campground and take in Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing along. We did it this past September and it's a blast. They have a permanent screen set up not the pop up types you get at some of the other resorts and a chuck wagon in back which sells smores kits big enough for the whole family and light snacks and drinks. They light the campfires at 7 and Chip and Dale come out for meet and greets while a cowgirl girl plays songs on the small stage. This lasts about 45 minutes then the movie starts. I thought it was great and so did m two little ones, best of all it's free and the campground is easy to get to from Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

pacochran

BCV does it a couple nights a week. They did it when we were there at the end of Nov beginning of Dec. It's on the beach of the lake so it's open to anyone who wants to go.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I've seen (or heard of) the outdoor movies all over the property, it seems. FW does it every night, along with a campfire singalong. It's alot of fun, and there's actually a schedule of which movie will be presented that concierge CMs can access (presuming you find one that has ever heard of the campfire singalong).

I've seen the movies at ASMovies, ASMusic, BeachClub/Yacht Club (easy walk from Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk), Saratoga Springs, but was never able to find a CM who could tell me anything about the schedule at any place other than the resort he/she worked at. It almost seemed haphazard as to which resorts had it and how often.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

So if you were to go to FW for the Sing A Long how would you get back to your own resort when its over?
Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge are serviced by boat. All other hotels will require you to take a bus to Downtown Disney and Transfer, or take a Boat to Magic Kingdom and transfer (if it's open late).

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Disney has placed certian resorts (All Star Music and the Beach Club for starters) under a pilot program this past summer. The goal of the program was to improve customer service and satisfaction. Some of these changes included pool side games and movies.

I've only heard of movies on the Beach Club beach (close for all Boardwalk area resorts) All Star Music (close for all All Star resorts) and Saratoga Springs. This is the first time that I'm hearing of movies at All Star Movies.

As the program continues, I'm sure we can expect these kinds of changes at all resorts property wide, and if movies are being seen at All Star Movies, it's already taken affect. On check-out day from All Star Music we were asked to fill out a survey in regards to our stay and expereince in regards to these changes.

To answer your question, Animal Kingdom does not currently offer pool side movies, but I would expect to see them added in the near future. AKL has a great pool area to host movies!

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
So if you were to go to FW for the Sing A Long how would you get back to your own resort when its over?

Either the boat to MK for a bus back to your resort, or the bus to DTD to switch for a bus to your resort. One other thing to mention about the campfire is that afterwards, you can probably head up to the FW dock to see the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes (if the timing works out right).

Upvote 0

amandagibbins

we are coming to stay at saratoga springs in september(our first time staying on disney property:wave:) do you think they will still be showing outdoor movies then?? and what films have been shown so far?

Upvote 0

tharmscott

Oops!!! Sorry just an idiot. I meant All Star Music. I keep calling it the wrong one. This was the first time we stayed at Music. We've stayed at Movies the most.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My Brother just returned from Disney. He stayed at Saratoga Springs where he is a DVC Member. He indicated that each night, weather permitting, there was an outdoor movie on a giant blow-up screen at the pool. Does anyone know if this is exclusive to Saratoga Springs or DVC Resorts and/or Deluxe Resorts. We will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas next week and would like to know any particular information regarding these movies at that resort. Thanks.
The only one I have ever heard of is the Disney movie that is played after the Chip & Dale Campfire Sing Along at FW.
But, other resorts may offer something similar.
I think it's a great idea! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom