Our Trip Next Week!

Japhy

Well after months of waiting, our trip is almost upon us and we decend on DW this Thursday! It's been since 2000, when our daughter was just about 3 since we were there last, so as you can imagine we're very excited to finally be going back. The trip before that my wife and I were on our honeymoon, 11 years ago this week.

I was hoping that if I were to give some general plans of ours and ask for any suggestions, some of you nice folks might be able to help us enjoy our trip a little more.

We're staying in Hilton Head with my father for two days prior to driving to Disney early Thursday morning. We're staying at the Saratoga Springs and plan on going to DD that evening with maybe a round of golf during the day for myself and the pool for my wife and daughter. We requested a room near the main house and near the pool.

First question - Which golf course is right next to SS?

Friday - Epicot first thing in the morning and going straight to Soarin, and take it from there. Not sure which ones we should go on next. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have the dining plan and will be saving the table meal for our final night for the Hoop Dee Doo.

Saturday - MGM We don't know which are the hot rides that are considered early morning best bets. We have the Mama Melrose / Fantasmic ADR combo.

Sunday - Animal Kingdom - first ride EE and then take it from there. We have a 5:30 ADR for Ohana's. Any suggestions as to when we need to leave to get there on time? We then figured we would shoot on over the MK for extra hours.

Monday - Magic Kingdom - First ride probably Splash Mountain. ADR for character diner at Liberty Tree (we loved that turkey dinner last time we were there).

Tuesday - Free day to go back and ride anything we want to again or see anything we missed. 5:00 Hoop Dee Doo and then maybe some more rides or straight to the Embassy Suites.

Wednesday and Thursday we're going to Universal because it's been a very long time since we've been there (our honeymoon) and Islands of Adventure is all new to us and our 8 year old loves rollercoasters.

That's about it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated by the three of us on how we can make the most of our time there. We avoided the MK on the weekend because last time we were there it was really crowded on a Saturday so we hopped on the monorail and couldn't believe how empty Epcot was. When we hit MK on Monday it was a much lighter crowd.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

ilovepluto23

For MGM, I'd say hit Rock'n Roller Coaster first. Tower of Terror right after that. BUT, if someone in your party doesn't like Tower of Terror let them go grab fast passes for RnRc while the rest of you hit ToT. We do that every single trip b/c my mom has a fear of falling elevators lol.

And yes, the Pilgrim's Feast (turkey dinner) at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK is probably one of the best meals in the park! *drools*

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Japhy said:
Well after months of waiting, our trip is almost upon us and we decend on DW this Thursday! It's been since 2000, when our daughter was just about 3 since we were there last, so as you can imagine we're very excited to finally be going back. The trip before that my wife and I were on our honeymoon, 11 years ago this week.

I was hoping that if I were to give some general plans of ours and ask for any suggestions, some of you nice folks might be able to help us enjoy our trip a little more.

We're staying in Hilton Head with my father for two days prior to driving to Disney early Thursday morning. We're staying at the Saratoga Springs and plan on going to DD that evening with maybe a round of golf during the day for myself and the pool for my wife and daughter. We requested a room near the main house and near the pool.

First question - Which golf course is right next to SS?

Friday - Epicot first thing in the morning and going straight to Soarin, and take it from there. Not sure which ones we should go on next. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have the dining plan and will be saving the table meal for our final night for the Hoop Dee Doo.

Saturday - MGM We don't know which are the hot rides that are considered early morning best bets. We have the Mama Melrose / Fantasmic ADR combo.

Sunday - Animal Kingdom - first ride EE and then take it from there. We have a 5:30 ADR for Ohana's. Any suggestions as to when we need to leave to get there on time? We then figured we would shoot on over the MK for extra hours.

Monday - Magic Kingdom - First ride probably Splash Mountain. ADR for character diner at Liberty Tree (we loved that turkey dinner last time we were there).

Tuesday - Free day to go back and ride anything we want to again or see anything we missed. 5:00 Hoop Dee Doo and then maybe some more rides or straight to the Embassy Suites.

Wednesday and Thursday we're going to Universal because it's been a very long time since we've been there (our honeymoon) and Islands of Adventure is all new to us and our 8 year old loves rollercoasters.

That's about it. Any suggestions would be very appreciated by the three of us on how we can make the most of our time there. We avoided the MK on the weekend because last time we were there it was really crowded on a Saturday so we hopped on the monorail and couldn't believe how empty Epcot was. When we hit MK on Monday it was a much lighter crowd.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

At MGM, I would definintely recommend Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. I also greatly enjoy the Great Movie Ride and Muppets 3D.

As for Epcot, don't miss Spaceship Earth! If it's working, I'd also go for a spin on Test Track. Another ride in Epcot that rocks is Maelstrom.

I think that you have a great trip planned and I hope that you enjoy it!:D:D:D

Upvote 0

crallen06

Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is right next to your hotel.

When I was there about a month ago, while at AK, we did the safari first and got Fast Passes for Everest. Try to do the safari in the morning because with the heating of the day the animals will not be out as much. As for when to leave, the people at my hotel say to give yourself at least an hour of travel time. All you would need to do is find the Polynesian Hotel Bus Stop at AK and ride that to the hotel. I would say leave the AK at 4:45pm at the lastest.

You will love Hoop Dee Doo. We see it everytime we go and it is worth it.

I agree with doing Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror first. If you want to do the Great Movie Ride, I would do that in the morning. There was a very long line when we were there and that was in May when the crowds are not like they will be.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Braves323

On your way to Soarin' I would pick up a Fast Pass for Test Track and then hit either Test Track or Turtle Talk at the Living Seas after your ride on Soarin' depending on when your return time is for Test Track. Soarin' is great. You are going to love it. Have a great time.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Between now and Thursday grab and READ a copy of The Unofficial Guide to WDW - alot has changed since your last visit and a copy of this book will help bring you up to speed

Upvote 0

Japhy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great advice and tips so far everyone!! Lots of great information and we're including all of it in our plans.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

For your DD in MGM I would suggest that for Muppets if you can sit in the very front, during a scene they have bubbles come down from the ceiling and sweetums comes out twice during the show.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom