Our Magical Disney Wedding

toystory 3

Original Poster
Hey you guys,

My fiance and I are getting married August 4th at the Yacht Club resort. We also decided to have our honeymoon at Disney World and are staying at the Saratoga Springs resort. We have been to Disney over 10 times in our life time and I would love to hear all of your advice on everything. We are more than Happy to share all of our details about our wedding so we can help anyone else that is getting married here this year.

Look forward to hearing from you all,

DizneyPryncess

Hello :wave:

Congratulations! Your wedding & honeymoon are both going to be amazing. The Yacht club sounds like a beautiful place to get married. That has always been one of my favorite resorts. My husband & I also honeymooned at Disney last summer, and it will be the best time of your lives! Disney really goes above & beyond for their honeymooners.

Some little tips that might make your honeymoon more magical...which you probably already know since you've been to Disney many times....
-Make sure your resort knows you are honeymooning. They left us a few little surprises on ours.
-Make sure any restaurant you make ARD's for knows you are honeymooning, they also sometimes do special things for you.
-Wear the bride & groom mouse ears & Just Married pins everywhere. It was so much fun! We had extra magical things happen all day with those on.
-Our favorite thing was watching the Wishes fireworks from the Polynesian beach. It was very private & romantic!

Have a fantastic time! Post pictures of your wedding afterwards and let us know how it goes. I have an album online of our Disney-at-home wedding & our honeymoon if you'd like to see them for any last minute ideas! :)

-jamie-

toystory 3

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice!

We also registered at the Disney Honeymoon Registry, its really neat if you have never seen it.

I was wondering if you have ever taken any of Disney's tours?

What was your favorite thing that you did while you where there on your honeymoon?

DizneyPryncess

I discovered the honeymoon registry a little bit too late - but it is awesome. If I had found it sooner I would have done it.

We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our honeymoon and LOVED it! I can't say enough good things about it. It's about 5 hours, give or take - so it does take a while. It is worth it though. We thought we knew everything about Disney, but we learned so much. Plus you get to go see the utilidors underneath MK, learn some tricks & secrets on a few rides, and more. Lunch is included too. On our anniversary trip, we're going to try the Segway Tour in Epcot. We've heard good things about that too.

Our fave thing on our honeymoon was the Polynesian dinner & fireworks - but I'm sure every honeymooner had something different that they favored!

Auroragirl

Hey you guys,

My fiance and I are getting married August 4th at the Yacht Club resort. We also decided to have our honeymoon at Disney World and are staying at the Saratoga Springs resort. We have been to Disney over 10 times in our life time and I would love to hear all of your advice on everything. We are more than Happy to share all of our details about our wedding so we can help anyone else that is getting married here this year.

Look forward to hearing from you all,

That sounds just AWESOME!! If we had known about Disney Weddings, I think we would have tried for that. Although, we did honeymoon in Disney - and that was great!!!

You are going to have a great time!

toystory 3

Original Poster
Thanks for the great information guys, we actually are going to be out a disney tomorrow! :ROFLOL:We want to hit up Space Mountain as many times as possible before refurbishment We'll be sure to take pictures and try to get some photos of Franc's. (sp?)

We want to go to the water parks and can't decide which one, any ideas?

We also pick out our wedding songs yesterday!

Bridal Entrance: "Beauty and The Beast" Beauty and The Beast

Recessional: "That's How You Know" Enchanted

First Dance: "Bella Note" Lady and the Tramp

Cake/Champagne Celebration: "Once Upon A Dream" Sleeping Beauty

We chose the Mickey's Delight in Silver with Marble cake and Raspberry filling.

TomHendricks

We got married at the Yacht Club as well, it was simply amazing.

051974-0164.jpg

051974-0170.jpg

051974-0331.jpg

051974-0202.jpg

jen2009

I was just married at Disneys Wedding Pavillion on March 12. :)
I would highly suggest getting the bride and groom ears. They gave us many perks. Also make sure your resort knows it will be your wedding and honeymoon. We came back several days to surprises in the room. One of which was a photopass that gave a 20% off discount on your picture purchases. Also make sure when you make your dining reservations they know it is your wedding. We had a lot of places give us free dessert and champagne. They will also go out of the way to make sure everyone in the resturant knows its your wedding. Just wearing the ears gave us numerous congratulations. We also had front of the line on some rides and fastpasses that were good on any rides. Just let your resort and the places you will be dining at know, and you will get tons of attention. Hope you have the best time!!!:sohappy:

Disney will make sure you are treating like a princess! Again Congratulations!:sohappy:

toystory 3

Original Poster
The photos are amazing! Very beautiful wedding, which resort did you stay in? We will make sure to take a million pictures, every time we go on a vacation we forget to take them and the information on the photo pass is very helpful.

toystory 3

Original Poster
Ok, we just got back yesterday from our pre-wedding trip and saw our wedding site and it was so awesome! Thank you TomHendricks for the pictures. We got "Just Engaged" buttons when we cashed in our annual pass and we loved the "Congratulations" from all of the cast members! When we went to Adventureland we picked up a pineapple float and got a free one because of our pins. AMAZING! We stopped by the wedding pavilon and our honeymoon resort, Saratoga Springs. We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort and loved it.

jen2009

We had our reception there. It was awesome. I could not have asked for a better location. We picked it so everyone could go back and change and enjoy the evening. They treated us extra special because it was our wedding. Be prepared to take part in the activites. :) The food was the best I have ever remembered it being. You picked a great location. When we finished dinner, everyone went out onto the beach and watched the fireworks. It was awesome. it was only 2 months ago but it feels like yesterday. Once again Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:
If you get Amy as your photographer, she is the best. Our pictures from the wedding, magic kingdom and epcot were way beyond beautiful. You are in good hands with having a Disney wedding.

ps: Wear the bride and groom ears for the extar magical touch. We left with our entire party recieveing lays. We left with 30 alone for the 2 of us. Most of our guests had atleast 3. If the lady is the the one singing, be prepared she will get you up and doing a lot of fun things.

TomHendricks

We had our reception there. It was awesome. I could not have asked for a better location. We picked it so everyone could go back and change and enjoy the evening. They treated us extra special because it was our wedding. Be prepared to take part in the activites. :) The food was the best I have ever remembered it being. You picked a great location. When we finished dinner, everyone went out onto the beach and watched the fireworks. It was awesome. it was only 2 months ago but it feels like yesterday. Once again Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:
If you get Amy as your photographer, she is the best. Our pictures from the wedding, magic kingdom and epcot were way beyond beautiful. You are in good hands with having a Disney wedding.

ps: Wear the bride and groom ears for the extar magical touch. We left with our entire party recieveing lays. We left with 30 alone for the 2 of us. Most of our guests had atleast 3. If the lady is the the one singing, be prepared she will get you up and doing a lot of fun things.

Amy was our photographer and she was great. We actually requested her after taking a look at each photographers book. However she was already on another wedding for the same day and we were bummed. A few days later our wedding coordinator called and said we could have Amy. The other wedding had not specifically asked for her, so they switched another photographer to that wedding and we got her.

minnie_maus

My DH and I were married at the YCR as well!! We were supposed to be married in the gazebo but it poured! The inside of the resort is beautiful as well and it made a wonderful setting for our ceremony. Our wedding planner was Kathleen. She was really friendly and accommodating, and so was our photographer, Joe. We had our reception dinner at the Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau (Poly. Resort) and honeymooned at the Contemporary!

I suggest extra champagne and sparkling cider for guests, and bring spare umbrellas in case of rain (knock on wood that it won't!! :)... you never know with the Florida weather sometimes!) Also, the Disney photography is wonderful, but can be pricey for those on a budget, make sure your guests bring cameras!

(Just a few inside pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like:)
l_3ccdf330b33e42ef9ab7e069b3930c5c.jpg

l_2ec8a439784c4d8e9fb1f5b65877cc42.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom