Our evil plan worked! (Siemens info)

jasondiff

Nexus 21, a VIP center at Epcot for the exclusive use of Siemens employees and customers. The center serves as a hospitality and briefing center showcasing the company’s story of innovation and technology.

I buy Sylvania light bulbs...

WDWFigment

Martin, your ride videos are the best and your park knowledge is unparalleled. Yet according to your signature you haven't been to WDW since 2001. Is this actually true?

If so, does that mean your JII tribute was recorded in 1993 or earlier?

cpeterstx

Siemens Sponsorship...the real question...

OK. The Siemens post show sounds cool BUT will there be a rehab for the attraction itself. I'm sick of getting bumped around on those hard plastic seats.

jmvd20

I hope this park doesn't become 'Siemens EPCOT'. The new technology shown will be great as long as it's not a permanent 'trade show,' showcasing THEIR products.

But isn't showcasign their products the entire point of sponsoring the ride and putting up millions of dollars to do so?

We buy large amounts of electrical equipment from Siemens and Sylvania every year, unfortunately our sales rep. didn't even know they sponsored SSE :shrug:

There goes my chance of getting into the lounge :(

DisneyMusician2

OK. The Siemens post show sounds cool BUT will there be a rehab for the attraction itself. I'm sick of getting bumped around on those hard plastic seats.

I think there will be a rehab....didn't the company announce that there would be? I thought I read that on the boards somewhere.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, your ride videos are the best and your park knowledge is unparalleled. Yet according to your signature you haven't been to WDW since 2001. Is this actually true?

If so, does that mean your JII tribute was recorded in 1993 or earlier?
Thank you. Yes, it's true. 6 looooong years. The main angle from my JII vid, indeed all my original EPCOT Center attraction tributes were recorded June and July 1990.

I think there will be a rehab....didn't the company announce that there would be? I thought I read that on the boards somewhere.
Yep. If all goes to plan expect to see something akin to the `93-`94 rehab, plus a lot more `backstage` work.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thank you. Yes, it's true. 6 looooong years. The main angle from my JII vid, indeed all my original EPCOT Center attraction tributes were recorded June and July 1990.

Yep. If all goes to plan expect to see something akin to the `93-`94 rehab, plus a lot more `backstage` work.

Martin, any idea when? I'm starting to wonder since it's not showed up on the calender yet.

Also, the only really credible thing I've heard lately was that they were thinking of an overhaul of the ride system and possibly those video screens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, any idea when? I'm starting to wonder since it's not showed up on the calender yet.

Also, the only really credible thing I've heard lately was that they were thinking of an overhaul of the ride system and possibly those video screens.
That`s the worry. One scenario could have the attraction closed for October 1st. Surely management wouldn`t be that naive...would they? The ride system should be a go all being well, the screens are possible too. I`m hearing more, but nothing concrete yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom