Our complaints about Epcot between the 2000’s and now, are we living in our worse WDW nightmare?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Epcot is my favorite park and I spend the majority of my trip there just walking around. For a 2 week trip, I will only go to MK twice, HS once or twice, and then spend the rest of my time at Epcot and AK. There is a lot of detail that people miss when they just go from ride to ride.
It's also my favorite park, too. But my trip back over Memorial Day Weekend was the first time in the 27 years I've been going to WDW that I didn't stop by Epcot. I just didn't feel the call like I usually too. That will change though next Saturday!

Cmdr_Crimson

It's only your worst nightmare if you're still living in denial of the current reality and holding out hope things will go back to the ways they used to. I made my peace with the change in direction years ago.
all-of-this-pointing.gif

JIMINYCR

Things all over change with time and new ideas/ concepts. Either you accept it or not. Some things you enjoy, the extinct things are sorely missed and some new things dont come close to being what you hoped for. No matter what EP is or what it becomes, I can find enjoyment in going there. The events have brought guests in and I have enjoyed attending some of them. Surely they arent what was envisioned for the park, but thats what its evolved into. And no matter what happens in the future, there will always be complaints and frustrated people who cant find anything good with Disney and EP.

po1998

Epcot is my favorite park and I spend the majority of my trip there just walking around. For a 2 week trip, I will only go to MK twice, HS once or twice, and then spend the rest of my time at Epcot and AK. There is a lot of detail that people miss when they just go from ride to ride.
Newsflash…most people go to WDW for the rides and attractions…not too mention, most aren’t there for two weeks, and are not repeat visitors.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

It's only your worst nightmare if you're still living in denial of the current reality and holding out hope things will go back to the ways they used to. I made my peace with the change in direction years ago.
You and the OP are both right.

The OP is correct that EPCOT is getting worse over time and will never be as good as it once was and you are correct that there is nothing we can do to stop it and we must just accept it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Newsflash…most people go to WDW for the rides and attractions…not too mention, most aren’t there for two weeks, and are not repeat visitors.
Minor correction….most people are repeat visitors…
Disney has built its attendance on the repeat visitor…not the one timer.

Which is why they’ve got a bigger problem brewing than most defenders realize.

Can’t let parks stagnate for higher prices.

As far as 2
Weeks go…
Yeah. Complete overkill. I love the place and go all the time…but i’m maxed out on salt and sugar in 5-8 days

Poseidon Quest

At least the park still had its Epcot theme, even if it was misguided. Today's "The magic of possibility" is not a theme, but a corporate buzz phrase.

I wish many of the early attractions were still around, but I think that there were a lot of good things from that era. I thought Ellen's Energy Adventure was more interesting than Universe of Energy (though I'm disappointed they took out some effects). Innoventions, while gimmicky, was a good upgrade for Communicore, at least for a while. Having gone back and watched videos of Test Track, I think it may be one of the best Disney attractions ever produced with how much nuance it had as it played with your emotions. I didn't realize how much is lost in the new version until I went back and re-experienced it.

I actually don't hate the current version of Journey Into Imagination either. It's a shame that the original is gone and this is the current result, but it's still more interesting than Frozen or Ratatouille and fits into Epcot's former theme.

Animaniac93-98

A change in direction doesn't excuse the sloppy execution of what they ultimately decided to do, to say nothing of the construction mess that the park is still stuck in years later IMO.

This year marks their third attempt to find a suitable replacement for RoE. That alone is just crazy to me.

Animaniac93-98

At least the park still had its Epcot theme, even if it was misguided. Today's "The magic of possibility" is not a theme, but a corporate buzz phrase.

I wish many of the early attractions were still around, but I think that there were a lot of good things from that era. I thought Ellen's Energy Adventure was more interesting than Universe of Energy (though I'm disappointed they took out some effects). Innoventions, while gimmicky, was a good upgrade for Communicore, at least for a while. Having gone back and watched videos of Test Track, I think it may be one of the best Disney attractions ever produced with how much nuance it had as it played with your emotions. I didn't realize how much is lost in the new version until I went back and re-experienced it.

I actually don't hate the current version of Journey Into Imagination either. It's a shame that the original is gone and this is the current result, but it's still more interesting than Frozen or Ratatouille and fits into Epcot's former theme.

However misguided, there was at least an attempt in the 90s/early 2000s to keep Epcot unique from the other WDW parks.

Now that's completely gone.

That, to me, is a shame.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Communicore, World Showcase Players, Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination with Dreamfinder, Quality TS food, Kitchen Kabaret, Innoventions...........

That was EPCOT.

Now we got IP Land with Drinking Teams and overpriced/undersized food offerings, tacky merchandise, and bands who perform without a single original member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom