Our complaints about Epcot between the 2000’s and now, are we living in our worse WDW nightmare?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
Oh I don’t disagree

I’ve always said the Internet killed the park. It took a lot of the inherent “wonder”
Out of it.

But they got real lazy with it. Which is Stulid given the high overhead. Same with dak.

Agree. It's one thing to get plastered at the park in front of relatives and complete strangers.
But once you could get plastered at the park and then be put on the internet....well, things changed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But for how many years has US only had 2 parks while WDW had 4? One can argue the US is finally trying to catch up to WDW.
It was never a 1:1

Wdw was given its own home rule when no one was in Orlando and bought for like $2 an acre 😂

And since Comcast took over? They’ve really invested.

Disney has gutted old rides and storage buildings and built timeshares…mostly

jaklgreen

It was never a 1:1

Wdw was given its own home rule when no one was in Orlando and bought for like $2 an acre 😂

And since Comcast took over? They’ve really invested.

Disney has gutted old rides and storage buildings and built timeshares…mostly
The discussion was that Disney needs to "keep up" with US, who is building a new park. But Disney is already ahead, regardless of how they got there. I don't think that US building a new park is making them better than Disney. And to say that they have just built storage buildings and DVC is a gross over exaggeration. I think that some people will never be happy with anything that Disney does. It will never enough for some.

DisneyFanatic12

Hollywood Studios is a half day park and Animal Kingdom is a quarter day park.
Universal arguably has at least one half day park (both could be argued as one), but more like 1 and 1/2 of a park in total.

At Disney, I’m fine with someone saying AK is a 1/2 day park, HS a 3/4 day park, and MK and Epcot both a full day park. Though, it REALLY depends on what you’re doing.

IF you love the shows and do all the AK shows in a day, as well as doing planet watch and the walking trails, AK is definitely a full day park. Now, if you only like rides, it would be a half day park.

US is fairly comparable to HS. Though I’d argue that many of the US rides lack re-rideability, that is simply an opinion, nothing more. Now, by said comparison, Universal is at 3/4 of a park. Going to Islands of Adventure, there is more to do… for some. If you can do all the rides there, there is a decent selection. However, it’s hard to consider it a full day park compared to MK (unless if this scale can go past a full day).

NOW (and this will be the last point), if the value of a park is derived from how long it takes to do the rides, you can do all of the rides at either Universal park in roughly five hours without express (mileage may vary, though it’s pretty consistent for me). If this is the way of measuring, Universal Orlando only has truly one full park! It’s hard to compare, but I don’t think we should rank a park by the value without at least comparing it to the suggested alternative… if Walt Disney World is a three-park resort, what would you put Universal at? How do you find a way to measure value (as it can vary significantly)?

jaklgreen

Hollywood Studios is a half day park and Animal Kingdom is a quarter day park.
You are clearly missing a heck of a lot at the parks, especially at AK if you are only there a few hours. Just because you choose not to do and see everything, doesn't mean that makes it a 1/4 day park. This seems to be a personality issue. Some people have to be stimulated with things like the rides and only consider those worth their time. Others can slow down and enjoy the details and other things that the parks offer that are not thrill rides. This a reflection on the person, not the parks.

Cmdr_Crimson

With no Nighttime show in AK coming anytime soon..The only saving grace is just the excuse to see what Pandora looks like with the light effects at night...IMO with nothing new in AK in over 6 years I think it's due time for 5pm closures during the winter months and 6 pm by spring/summer..

The Empress Lilly

Back then our complaints were Horizons being gone, State of Journey into Imagination, Innoventions, Spaceship Earth changes and lasers being too dim. That was it, never have I imagined it would get this bad. If you ask me I think this is many of our worse nightmares for Epcot.
Yes. EPCOT had moved beyond our wildest parodies of fifteen years ago.

Somewhere deep down, against the odds, I always held out some hope that the course could be corrected. That the park could be healed again. We came very close too in just the last few years.

Instead, EPCOT was declared dead. A new park emerged. It's all about Frozen and BatB and Pixar and Marvel and booze and festivals. To add weird insult to injury, the park adorns itself with all sorts of EPCOT nostalgia.

I saw EPCOT being built. This was my favourite place in the entire world before it was even open. I never expected to lose it.

The Empress Lilly

With no Nighttime show in AK coming anytime soon..The only saving grace is just the excuse to see what Pandora looks like with the light effects at night...IMO with nothing new in AK in over 6 years I think it's due time for 5pm closures during the winter months and 6 pm by spring/summer..
DAK went through such a peak five years ago. From a 5pm park to a beautiful evening park. Pandora, the tree show, Rivers of Light, great dining options. Unbelievable they let it slip and have the park revert back to its unfinished half day state.

eliza61nyc

How wonderful for you!!
It is all about opinions and discussion...which is what these boards are about. If you don't notice any changes, then Huzzah for you!
Some of us are more connected and passionate about this product.
I will totally agree with that, I do admit I am amazed at how for many folks here Disney is the directly attached to their happiness.. not really how much of a "discussions" there is, basically this is about the 100th Epcot is horrible thread there is, lol which makes me laugh because someone recently said accused me of saying the same thing over and over.

Cmdr_Crimson

The only thing that I'm just not a a fan of......Is the Future World renaming to the odd "World neighborhoods". Like Willis Tower will always be Sears Tower out here in Chicago. To me It will always be Future World and Innoventions East & West for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom