Trip Report Our 2nd Anniversary DREAMy Boardwalk Adventure (Sept. 2015) COMPLETED

We have arrived home from our wonderful Disney vacation, and are ready to start our trip report! I say "our" because my husband has recently joined the forum as MRhappyplace, so he will add contributions (and corrections) as we go along.

We are Amber (age 36) and David (age 45). Our 2nd Anniversary was on August 31, and we honeymooned at Disney in October 2013, so it had been almost 2 years since our last trip. This is us:

Our trip began on Saturday, September 12th. I had to go to work for a few hours to train some staff, and while I was gone, DH took care of packing up the car, getting everything set up for our kitties, and cleaned out the fridge. All that fun stuff. I came home at around noon, and we did all the last-minute things and then we headed out for a couple of stops. We ultimately got on the real road (aka highway-driving from around 45 miles northeast of Atlanta) at around 2:15. Not too shabby.

We weren't heading into the bubble until the following day, Sunday. We added on a hotel stay in Bay Lake, Florida for this Saturday night, so that we could get to the World fairly early, and much less tired on Sunday. After a stop at Chick-fil-a for dinner around 5pm in Perry, GA, we got to the Country Inn & Suites at around 8pm. We were given Room 306, so were quite confused when we stepped off the elevator to this sign:

??? Turns out our room was just behind the elevator. Not a bad room at all, we would stay here again. We went to Steak n' Shake for dinner, then contemplated taking a dip in the indoor pool at the hotel, but there were three older women in there, singing at the top of their lungs, having a good ole time. We didn't feel it necessary to join them :p Went to bed.

Sunday, September 13th:
The continental breakfast was so-so the next morning, but we did have a bit, and were on our way.

We hit a bit of rain, and the skies were all gloomy as at 11:15, we saw in the distance, then passed under the Walt Disney World sign-no amount of rain was gonna bring me down; I did my slap-the-hubby's arm-squeal-clap-bounce thing in the passenger seat!

We pulled into the Boardwalk at 11:25!

Just a little teaser for tonight-will continue more tomorrow evening. Thanks for joining our thread!

Last edited:

Cetta

sad to see this trip report come to an end...I have enjoyed tagging along and I cannot wait to read next years!

fractal

Awesome report and great photos!

I really like the shot shooting down at the seagulls and the blue water. Castaway Cay looks so relaxing to me; hopefully Devin gets his card soon! Royal Palace seemed to be a great last meal for the trip. Isn't it amazing what some extra attention can do for your experience there? Thanks for the time and effort and sharing!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Original Poster
What a fantastic report!!!
Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed :)

sad to see this trip report come to an end...I have enjoyed tagging along and I cannot wait to read next years!

Me too! Thanks for joining us!

Awesome report and great photos!

I really like the shot shooting down at the seagulls and the blue water. Castaway Cay looks so relaxing to me; hopefully Devin gets his card soon! Royal Palace seemed to be a great last meal for the trip. Isn't it amazing what some extra attention can do for your experience there? Thanks for the time and effort and sharing!

Thanks fractal!! I see some improvement each trip-nowhere near your caliber, but I'm pretty satisfied with our shots. And yes, the service and attention were everything I had heard they would be!

Thank you for all the posts!

Thank you for reading!

DRD

About Castaway Cay

We did walk quite a bit that day probably more then we should have. The food at the BBQ was quite good everything had a nice smoky flavor, the only thing I had there that I would pass on if I visited again would be the steak it was too fatty for my tastes. Like DW I was surprised I enjoyed the family beach better then the adults only beach while there was plenty of children around and some were being comically annoying I think it would be hard to not enjoy yourself there.

We really liked the BBQ at Castaway. They didn't have the ribeye in the family area and I'm somewhat glad to hear we didn't miss anything there. I think I went back for seconds for the mahi and rotisserie chicken there. It was easily the best buffet we had on the cruise.

I hate your Palo experience didn't match ours and I still feel a little guilt that maybe I built it up too much. But I am glad Royal Table way exceeded expectations!

And myhappyplace, I wish I'd remembered to tell you to bring sand shoes! While the family beach didn't have a lot of coral or shells in the water, it was a lot easier walking in sand shoes than flip flops or sandals.

Great pictures as always. It helped me relive our cruise last year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom