Otto's Photo Trip Report

I just got back last night from my quick, 2-day trip to "The World". I have only two complaints about the trip: Number 1, we didn't stay on the Disney property because I have really cheap friends, but I will be staying at the French Quarter next week. Number 2, my friends think that Disney is boring, so we did one day in the Disney Parks, and one in the Universal parks. IMO, the Universal parks are horrible. They have plenty of rides, but cleanliness and courtesy are obviously not in their dictionary. Anyway, let's begin the trip report.

I started out the day by doing the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour. My tour started at 8:30am, but I arrived at the park at about 8:00, so I walked around the park for a bit after checking in. It's a great feeling to have the park all to yourself. Anyway, Our tour guide was Matthew. He is by far, the best tour guide I have encountered. He was very knowledgeable and made the tour really fun. The tour started out with a trip down Main Street. This part of the tour deals a lot with Walt and his dreams and ideas. Next, we made a quick stop at Cinderella Castle. He explained how all the buildings in Main Street and all around the park, are built with a forced prospective, giving the illusion that the buildings are taller than they really are. Next stop - Adventureland. The tour guide explained how Disneyland was a complete failure at first and put the Disney brothers in a lot of debt. But from that, came a good lesson which helped them when it was time to make Disney World. He also explained how the idea for the Utilidor came about. After that quick chat, we took a trip backstage behind Splash Mountain. For most of us, this was our first glimpse at "backstage". After that, we took a private tour of the Jungle Cruise where the guide pointed out a lot of things not usually pointed out by the skippers. Ding! Time for lunch! Lunch was served at the Columbia Harbour House. 11:00 is a bit early for lunch, but I liked the fact that we had the 2nd floor all to ourselves and lunch was already waiting for us when we got there. After lunch, we took another quick look at Cinderella Castle from a different angle where we were better able to see the forced perspective come into play. From there, we went behind Crystal Palace and into the backstage area again and went into the Utilidor. Seeing the utilidor was a neat experience. There's really nothing out of this world down there, but it's pretty cool knowing that you're one of the few, non-CM people that has ever seen the utilidor. My overall rating of the tour is a perfect 10. I really learned a lot about different parts of the park and I would recommend it to anyone.

After the tour was over, I walked around the park for a while to take a couple of pictures. Here are some from MK:

Main Street Station is done! (sorta) They're still doing some painting, but the station itself is open.
WDW12172005_015.jpg

Main Street is very well decorated for Christmas.
WDW12172005_017.jpg

WDW12172005_020.jpg

Walt's Windows
WDW12172005_022.jpg

After that, I went over to Animal Kingdom to get my first look at EE. One complaint I have about EE, it that if you're all the way in the back of the parking lot, you can see part of the building which really takes away from the magic and just doesn't look good. I really hope they either decorate that side of the building or place some trees to cover it up.

Everest's snowy peak can be seen from the parking lot
WDW12172005_041.jpg

AK X-Mas Tree
WDW12172005_047.jpg

Some pics of Everest and Entrance/Queue area
WDW12172005_102.jpg

WDW12172005_105.jpg

WDW12172005_106.jpg

WDW12172005_107.jpg

BTW... I was told by a CM near EE that the AP preview of EE will be at the same time as the DVC preview and actually has a good chance of getting pushed forward a bit. I know that doesn't really mean much and is not something you should pay a lot of attention to, but it does give us a bit a bit of hope that maybe we'll be riding EE sooner than we think.

e4ymod

Original Poster
Cont'd

Took a quick 1 hour trip to MGM to take a look at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. I've seen this a bunch on times, and it never fails to amaze me.

Here's a picture of the Spectacle of Lights
WDW12172005_300.jpg

Only one park left... Epcot! I decided to close the day with a trip to my favorite park to see my favorite fireworks show. I must say though, that I'm a bit disappointed with RoE. This is the third time I see RoE without the inferno barge and I still can't get used to it. And the preshow music and announcements don't start till about 15 minutes before the show. So while you're standing there waiting for the show to start, there's nothing to listen to. The holiday tag was nice though, although I don't agree that "Peace on Earth" is only for the holidays. They should work that into the show permanently. I think it fits well with the show's theme. Anyway, here are the Epcot pics.

WDW12172005_367.jpg

Epcot Holiday Decorations

WDW12172005_373.jpg

RoE

WDW12172005_422.jpg

WDW12172005_491.jpg

WDW12172005_528.jpg

luna99

wonderful pictures!! oh, you're making me want to go to wdw as soon as possible, but I have to be patient cause I probably won't get to until the summer...:hammer:

oh epcot, how I miss you! :cry:

btw, how much was the keys to the kingdom tour?

CAPTAIN HOOK

e4ymod said:
Number 2, my friends think that Disney is boring, so we did one day in the Disney Parks, and one in the Universal parks.
Time to choose new friends :lol:

Great pics BTW, thanks for sharing

MSTINKHERBELL01

Beautiful Pics!

Well, my girlfriend and I live in south fla and we visit WDW once or twice a month...come with us next time :lol:

Who needs silly friends who don't LOVE WDW?!:wave:

Laura

Premium Member
Thanks for the Keys to the Kingdom info. I'm taking that on Groundhog's Day and I have no idea what to expect. I'm guessing it's going to be corny, but enjoyable LOL.

Great pics!

e4ymod

Original Poster
Laura22 said:
Thanks for the Keys to the Kingdom info. I'm taking that on Groundhog's Day and I have no idea what to expect. I'm guessing it's going to be corny, but enjoyable LOL.

Great pics!

It's a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom