Other Peoples Pools

careship

I agree with most of what crackerjack said.....

swim where you stay and let it be....

if you wish to check out another resort while you are staying in another WDW Resort...ask guest relations to show you around...you don't need to swim in it to see it and decide if you want to stay there on another trip to enjoy that resorts anemities,

Upvote 0
jumi1984 said:
We stayed on one property and visited many other resort pools over the years. They all have main pools with bath facilities we used or stopped there on way back from a park with pool wear in the back pack and stayed for a bit swam and ate at thier resort and then on to our next park. We've never been asked or seen anyone asked. If you not disruptive, or causing problems no one will know or care.

:brick: It is wrong to swim in any other resort's pools except for the one you are staying at :brick:

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
yeh, dont be getting down with O.P.P. unless you are invited. :lol:

sorry, since my post this morning, ive had that stupid song in my head all day. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :brick:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

CrackerJack said:
But I guess that individual responsibility is too much to ask for in this day and age ... :(

I agree. Look at the obese and alcoholics, for example, blaming genes and other outside influences, when everything really boils down to the choices that have been made by the individual. And now there are consequences.

When I pool hop, I would have to deal with the consequences that may be brought against me, as harsh as they may be.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We were at Pop Century on a Grand Gatherings June 3- 14. Once, and only once, did we have a bus driver (we were his second bus of people on his own) tell us we should really go places besides the parks, he even encouraged people to check out the other resorts and there entertainment options "like pools, watercrafts, bicycles and beaches"! My husband just about fell out of his seat as we had never heard any CM encourage resort guests to hop about.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

The conspiracy theorist in me says there is probably a labyrithine set of undisclosed "rules" to what resort guests can and can't get away with despite what the OFFICIAL rules are.

For instance, the CM driver who told Dwarful and other passengers to check out pools and other amenities at other hotels? Well, I know that Pop Century is pretty new, they're not going to get all the stuff a moderate or deluxe resort has but right now they might not even have the amenities the All-Star resorts have. SO, to keep the PC guests from getting upset that half of the complex is undone and they may still be ironing out some kinks in the system, they suggest that you check out some of other hotels. If you were to go to another pool and your ID was checked out, they'd unofficially let it slide with a warning, unless you were disrptive or the pool was packed with its own resort guests.

I'm also guessing that someone staying at a deluxe resort will have better luck getting away with going to a PO pool than vice versa, but then there may be a heirarchy within the deluxe resorts. Staying in AKL and want to swim at the Boardwalk or GF? Not as "aceeptable" as the opposite, staying in Boardwalk or GF and wanting to go to AKL.

Regardless, I know I'm not going to do it, because IMHO nothing is worse than the hap-hap-happiest place on earth thinking you are a jackass because you think you're entitled to more than you've paid for, no matter how much you've paid.

I don't think I'm a snob, but the price of the resort includes more than JUST the room, or it should. I can't afford to stay at the Grand Floridian, but if I could, and if I were at the pool trying to relax and enjoy my vacation, I'd be pretty upset IF anyone came along and acted a fool and spoiled my fun, but I'd be livid if it turned out they were people who aren't supposed to even be there but thought the pool was nicer and "really, what's the harm?" You paid for a value resort, get the value pool, pay for the moderate resort, get the moderate pool, etc.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

surfsupdon said:
I agree. Look at the obese and alcoholics, for example, blaming genes and other outside influences, when everything really boils down to the choices that have been made by the individual. And now there are consequences.

Sorry I can't agree with this. While some obesity comes from over eating & lack of exercise there are some genetic &/or metabolic conditions that can cause this and its very hard to fight. If you want to discuss this PM me & I'll explain them to you.

Excess alcohol consumption is a poor choice, but alcoholism is a metabolic disease. I give anyone who tries to deal with this credit because it truly is a lifelong fight.
Please do not make generalizations, not all people fit into neat little molds. (something you will learn as you grow older) :wave:

Upvote 0

scorp111

tigsmom said:
Sorry I can't agree with this. While some obesity comes from over eating & lack of exercise there are some genetic &/or metabolic conditions that can cause this and its very hard to fight. If you want to discuss this PM me & I'll explain them to you.

Excess alcohol consumption is a poor choice, but alcoholism is a metabolic disease. I give anyone who tries to deal with this credit because it truly is a lifelong fight.
Please do not make generalizations, not all people fit into neat little molds. (something you will learn as you grow older) :wave:

I am definitely in agreement with you here tigsmom......

Upvote 0

Lil'mermaid

I've seen people have their cards checked and then them being taken to the dock at the WL when caught. I've had my card checked when we stayed there, and I had no problem with that.

Upvote 0

magic minnie

You all make valid points, however, what about Fort Wilderness? The last 5 or 6 trips we have stayed in the Fort Wilderness Homes which aren't cheap by any means. We love staying there because of the atmosphere and also the seclusion. However, the pools have no themeing whatsoever and also there is no hot tub. We aren't allowed to go to other pools as Fort Wilderness Homes guests, but non-Fort Wilderness guests (anyone staying in a resort at Disney World) can come to the nightly campfire sing-along and movie. Somehow, this doesn't seem quite right . . .

Upvote 0

careship

As for Fort Wilderness, you also have the petting zoo there and basketball hoops and volleyball. Not many people know about the extras there and are only there for Hoop De Doo and that sort of thing. The campsites, not the cabins, are cheaper then the value resorts or they were last I knew. I think the problem is the cheaper resort people flooding the high end resort pools. The campfires, last time I was there, there weren't alot of people. And yes, I was staying there at the time. I know my kids like to resort hop for the video arcades. Those are open to everyone at all the resorts. And for some things like childcare, you HAVE to go somewhere else unless you pay for in room childcare. I think the reasoning why people are allowed at Fort Wilderness like that...mind you they need to find a way there and back and know how to do it, is that they then want to spend more money by going horseback riding and hoop de doo etc. Fort Wilderness for the longest time was almost like a secret world to people in other resorts. You had to go through there though for River Country and to rent boats and go to Discovery Island and that was profitable because they would shop in the stores etc....but with the closure of River Country and DIscovery Island, they may just be happy to get the extra people in there. That's just a thought only an opinion.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

magic minnie said:
You all make valid points, however, what about Fort Wilderness? The last 5 or 6 trips we have stayed in the Fort Wilderness Homes which aren't cheap by any means. We love staying there because of the atmosphere and also the seclusion. However, the pools have no themeing whatsoever and also there is no hot tub. We aren't allowed to go to other pools as Fort Wilderness Homes guests, but non-Fort Wilderness guests (anyone staying in a resort at Disney World) can come to the nightly campfire sing-along and movie. Somehow, this doesn't seem quite right . . .

The cabins might not be cheap compared to value/moderate resorts. Heck, I know that they are even more expensive than some rooms in deluxe resorts. But they ARE cabins! You're paying for the ability to bunk up to 6 people, as well as have a full kitchen, while still getting housekeeping services and close proximity to the Magic Kingdom. That's what you're paying for. You can complain that anyone else is allowed to go to the campsites and you may have a point, but you know that going in. Like I said before, if I scrimped and saved enough to stay in one of the swankiest rooms and one of the swankiest hotels, and my pool was filled with people from All Star or the campsites...well, I'd feel like I was being inconvenienced by people who think they should be allowed to beat the system, as long as they feign ignorance of the system when caught. If that bothers you, then you should try to get a studio or one-bedroom villa at one of the other places like Yacht/Beach Club, or Wilderness Resort so you can use their amenities.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Oops, I'd like to clarify, when we were on the bus, the new driver was actually telling people that it was alright to use other resort features...one guest was specifically asking about hot tubs.

We always stay at the Values, have a pool of our own at home and barely have time for a quick dip at our own resort. No time to hop about for a dip in the pool. But thats just us.
Heck we were there from June3-june14th and I think we swam in the pools a total of 4 times. Otherwise we were at the parks, the beach or visiting nearby lighthouses.

Upvote 0

tikiman

It has already been said but there are always “THOSE PEOPLE” who don’t care or are rude enough to only follow the rules they like. It is posted!!!

I am not surprised. It is just too bad some of these people have kids they are teaching this stuff to. Not that breaking this rule is going to kill anyone but it does annoy people who pay to stay at the resort and I know I plan on setting a good example for my kids…ALWAYS!!!!

Upvote 0

WDWwolfpacker21

The general rule is that you can't and should'nt. But i see no problem with moving down. Ive even been asked to be carded and they didnt mind. Really if you bought value you can use value. If you bought moderate you can use moderate and value. If you bought high end you can use high end. I even went to stormalong bay and was carded while staying at poly. Its alright as long as you don't act like a idiot.

Upvote 0

johnvree

For all of those who don't see the harm in pool hopping, try this next time you are at the World.

Stop by MK around dinner time and grab a hot dog at Caseys. When you are done, take your family over to the Crystal Palace and help yourselves to the buffet. Don't bother paying for the food. Just obey all of the restaurant's rules and be polite.

Oh yeah, and when Security is throwing you and your family out of the park, just show them your receipt for the hot dog and explain to them how you paid for it and didn't see the harm in stealing the food from the Crystal Palace.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

WDWwolfpacker21 said:
The general rule is that you can't and should'nt. But i see no problem with moving down. Ive even been asked to be carded and they didnt mind. Really if you bought value you can use value. If you bought moderate you can use moderate and value. If you bought high end you can use high end. I even went to stormalong bay and was carded while staying at poly. Its alright as long as you don't act like a idiot.

The only problem this might cause would be overcrowding pools, for example if people from Movies came over to use the pool/kiddie area at Pop (which to us seemed much better at Pop) then the already crowded pools would become even more crowded. We did notice that the pools at Pop did get quite crowded in the evening. the main pool was the worst, but it was also closest to the main kiddie pool. I am not about to become the pool police that is for sure, but I imagine that Disney has the policy in place to keep the pools from getting overcrowded and causing safety issues.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom