OT: Thank You to Awesome Guests

TheBeatles

A compliment from a Guest makes my entire day.

Find any excuse to tell a CM you like what they are doing. It only makes us work harder.

board57796

I would like to thank the Guests who "Continue allllll the way down filling in allll available spaces." :)

But really, a good Guest truly does make my day. It's amazing that just the act of seeing a Guest put their trash in the trash can puts a smile on my face. I prefer working nights and closing, aka when the Guests just want to GO, and I understand their frustrations sometimes, but the good ones I really do remember.

So to the Guest who yelled at the other gentlemen who unhooked the chain on the Monorail platform and proceeded to make his way to a gate, Thank You for doing exactly what I wanted to :lol:

THANK YOU AWESOME GUESTS! You are the reason I love my job.

Mickey is King

So I cruise this forum a lot because I like seeing guests who actually appreciate cast members. And I wanted to return the thanks and say thank you to every guest who appreciates those of us who actually do want to make your visit awesome. And thank you to those of you who understand why we can't let you do something you want to do. And thank you to those of you who only smoke and park strollers in designated areas. And thank you to those of you who stop and talk to a cast member about your day or your love of Disney World (many of us really are interested in passing the time talking to a guest about this place!). And thank you who let City Hall or someone else know when a cast member has done a good job (positive reinforcement keeps you going strong). And thank you to everyone who comes, smiles and has a great, happy and magical time.

:)

If it were not for the AWESOME cast members DW wouldn't be as much fun ,or just plain old friendly like it is. I enjoy talking with CM's while hangin' at the parks. Sometimes they have great tips too!

harveyt0206

I think we should be thanking you MansionButler, and every other CM who works so hard to bring the Disney magic alive. Those of us who travel to WDW do so because we are truly looking to escape during our meger vacations and I personally feel that the Cast Members make a huge contribution to my ability to do that for however many days I am fortunate enough to be on property. So, thank YOU. :)

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
I think we should be thanking you MansionButler, and every other CM who works so hard to bring the Disney magic alive.
Well there's clearly already a whole forum dedicated to that here. :lol:

I just decided that guests also deserve a thank you. In a way, every single guest deserves to be thanked for, y'know, helping pay the bills. :lookaroun But the guests who avoid being sensless jackasses, or who take the time to make a CM fell good, or who stand out as people who really and obviously enjoy the time they're having, in particular, need to be thanked. And while it really is the vast majority, it still needs to be said.

STLDisneyFan

Well, I truly appreciate what all of you do. I prefer working with small children ( as pre-school teacher since 1976). ...it's the adults I have trouble with... so being a CM might not be the job for me. But if you love what you do, whatever it is, do it WELL and be proud. I'll be down in 13 more days and can't wait to thank all of you for making my little get-a-way magical!:sohappy:

GuitarCrazyo

OT Thank You to Awesome Guests

Hello Reid, I wanted to publicly thank you for the private PM to me today. I know many of you are members of many forums. I chose to join this forum because of my good e-mail friend Ryan who I met through the Bettinardi forums. Anyway, thanks to you Reid as we have never met and you took time out of your busy day to PM me. This forum really has some great people running the forum and I always feel welcome here. I do not mean to preach but sometimes in life we run into challenges so please all of you understand how GREAT it is to play this great game of golf and always appreciate that you can enjoy this game every day. Kudos to Golfwrx and all the best to you Reid. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Michael

disneyone

CM's are the best, They are the reason Disney is a cut above all other parks! CM's are the reason we spend over 1 month a year staying at Disney. I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd want to be. Truly the heart and soul of Disney! Sometimes I marvel at the amount of top notch people that are working there, a truly tough job, dealing with a public who can at times be quite demanding. The amount of smiles CM's put on guests faces on a daily basis is immeasurable. Awesome! Thank You :)

mickey2008.1

thank you for being one of the many cm's that care! you make it that sprcial place for some of us who are underapprecited in the hospitality world, cant wait to visit again in december! merry Christmas in advance:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

m&mmom

A few of years ago we went to the Hoop De Do Revue and had a wonderful server, Bob. My daugher was (and still can be) very shy and he just had such a nice friendly way and helped to make her comfortable enough to participate when the cast members came around and mingled with everyone. On top of that, he was awesome and just a great guy to chat with. I believe he said he had been working there for someting like 20+years AND he still had a great spirit. Thanks Bob!

ABigBrassBand

WDW without CM's would be terrible! I can't even imagine WDW without the amazing, cheerful CM's we have today. I'm so thankful for all of the CM's, you guys only enrich the experience. Love your post :)

yensid67

I was just roaming around the site and stumbled onto this thread... The CM's really are great. I was down last Sept. to celebrate my birthday. As I wore my birthday button (my daughter would have DIED!!!) I just kept hearing "Happy Birthday" from CM after CM. I can't tell you how it made me feel. Usually a trip to the "World" is about the kids, but this time , for me , it was without them and about ME! I was smiling for 4 days! THANKS for all you do. I'm coming back down the end of Sept this year and can't wait ...it truly is the happiest place on earth!:)

See how far a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS goes!? Just a simple Birthday wish made you feel like the park was open JUST for you that day!
I am a former CM, and do agree that when a guest compliments you on your job, that despite the pay, it makes you feel like you are doing something right and makes you feel good inside!

Just as a side note:
To spread random acts of kindness around from guest to guest, buy a balloon and give it to a child that you see, just becasue! Or when you plan to leave early in the afternoon for the day, go and grab a few fast passes from major attractions and pass them on to someone just entering the park for them to use! RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS don't cost anything at all if you think about it!
If everyone would commit to one act of kindness at least once a day, the world would be on its way to a much better state! And please remember, that when you are in line at the merge areas and others are passing you by in the FAST PASS lane, just simply smile and tell them to have a good time, instead of getting angry with them because they have FP's! Also remember to tip your mousekeepers or housekeepers on AND off property !! A fun way I like to do this is to leave the tip for the day and leave an encouraging note and thank them personally with a hand written note! They will feel more appreciated and special doing the same job day in and day out! Your attention to a clean room and bath may increase for you since you took the effort to write a note of encouragement!

Mulan

I always appreciate the effort the CMs put forth to give the effect of the Haunted Mansion. I think it's getting better and better every trip. I actually think I jumped the last time someone slammed the door when I wasn't paying attention.

I will try to keep this in mind & tell the CM right away - now especially that I'm dating a CM who tells me about the perks/downsides of working at the happiest place on Earth :D

Yellow Shoes

I have had CMs make my day and each time I went to Guest Services to let them know.

What I was afraid of was whether their acts of kindness got them in trouble.

I know you must have a bit of wiggle room in your procedures.

One time it was near closing and the CM at a popcorn cart refilled my cup at no charge. Did I get her in trouble by thanking her publically by name?

Thing is, it was $4 worth of popcorn that was moments from being thrown away, but it meant a lot (perhaps way too much!) to me.

High maintenance child (Not mine) afraid to get on a ride. CM talks to her. You know the ending of the story: kid loves the ride.

What you would never guess is the ride she was scared of:

Living with the Land.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have had CMs make my day and each time I went to Guest Services to let them know.

One time it was near closing and the CM at a popcorn cart refilled my cup at no charge. Did I get her in trouble by thanking her publically by name?

Thing is, it was $4 worth of popcorn that was moments from being thrown away, but it meant a lot (perhaps way too much!) to me.

High maintenance child (Not mine) afraid to get on a ride. CM talks to her. You know the ending of the story: kid loves the ride.

Living with the Land.

I've often wondered the same thing. How many times has a well meaning guest gotten a Cast Member in trouble or worse...fired?

Mammymouse

The CMs put the warmth and feeling in the Parks. There is this huge corporation that runs the business, but without the CM's and Characters it would just be a fancy carnival. To the actors, dancers, singers, ride attendants, transportation folks, restaurant folks, store clerks, janitors, gardeners, repair crews, ticket and hotel clerks, and everyone else I may have left out (sorry!) you are what brings Disney to "life" and make my experience "magical" each time. You are much appreciated and thanks so much for your hard work and dedication!:sohappy::):sohappy:

TheBeatles

I've often wondered the same thing. How many times has a well meaning guest gotten a Cast Member in trouble or worse...fired?

i've never heard of anyone being fired by way of a positive guest interaction reported to guest relations.

i was recognized one time by doing something that one of my leaders was not pleased about, but the guest LOVED it and so did the rest of my leadership team when they saw the letter i received from guest relations.

most leaders want you to "make magic" and understand the importance of doing all you can to please the guest.

Mansion Butler

Original Poster
I completely forgot I made this thread! Haven't been in this sub forum for a while.

The thank you still stands (even if I'm seasonal for the time being). Great guests, and most of you are, make working at WDW great.

i've never heard of anyone being fired by way of a positive guest interaction reported to guest relations.

i was recognized one time by doing something that one of my leaders was not pleased about, but the guest LOVED it and so did the rest of my leadership team when they saw the letter i received from guest relations.

most leaders want you to "make magic" and understand the importance of doing all you can to please the guest.
I, too, doubt she'd get in trouble, BUT you can merely mention how nice she was and how much she made your day without mention you got popcorn for free. Make extra sure you mention how much it increases your likelihood to come back! Management likes that.

CaptainShortty

Living with the Land.

99.9% of the time, you won't get us in trouble. The only time something like that would get us in trouble is if whatever the cast member did was illegal by law or put either yourself, themselves or another CM or guest in danger. We are actually encouraged to find guests where we can do little things like that to make your day. As you said, the popcorn was going to be thrown out anyway so why not fill your bucket up and make a memory?

I too, as a former WDW on-site Cast Member and current CM back home would like to thank the guests that made it an absolute joy to work every single day. Just as you all have CMs that you remember, I have guests that I will never forget. It has been over a year since I left Florida as a College Program intern and I can still give you the names of guests who made me feel special. Guests are the reason we work in Disney. Without you it would just be a bunch of concrete and lumber. So thank you for all that you do to make our lives easier. You have no idea how much a compliment or even a thank you goes.

So if you like what we do, tell us. If we do something wrong, let it roll of your back. We're sorry but sometimes, we're only human. Stop and talk to us. Most of us absolutely love the place and will talk to you for hours. You may even learn a thing or two from what we say. =) But truly, to those guests that make working at WDW an absolute dream come true, thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom