Oswald meet & greet character coming to DCA

GiveMeTheMusic

Oswald took over the Muppet theater?

So...much...icing....

images

Down boy - it was just for the night. ;)

TP2000

Duffy is HUGE in Japan, didn't really take off here.

They also have swanky showcase pavilions dedicated to selling expensive, electronic toilet seats in Japan, with gorgeous uniformed hostesses who demonstrate every interactive feature of each toilet seat model. It's true, I've been there and smiled politely at the demonstrations. And yes, Japanese toilet seats can be, um, interactive.

What sells in Japan doesn't always sell here. :D

Figments Friend

I'm actually kind of excited that i will get to see Oswald in the Park the week after he begins greetings.
Interested to see what kind of crowd he draws...and what the volume will those first couple of weeks.

I think it's cool he is finally being brought into BVS in a physical form.
Looking forward to seeing how he performs on the street with Guests.

deix15x8

Very happy to see Oswald coming! I hope more and more classic characters are planned to arrive on BVS. It'd be cool to see characters like Clara Cluck, Mortimer, Clarisse, Horace, Clarabelle, etc. become part of the daily character lineup. I also remember reading a rumor here that Pete was also planned to become a costumed character around the same time as Oswald. Does anyone know if it's still on track or anything?
Perhaps that's part of the plan for the 60th celebration. They are renovating the dark rides to promote the history, would make sense to bring back some classic characters as well.

GiveMeTheMusic

Clara Cluck, Clarice, Horace and Clarabelle all make periodic appearances at DLR and have sporadically over the past 10 years. The 50th brought lots of random character moments (one week the whole Hunchback unit was out - Quasi, Esmeralda, Frollo, Clopin, Victor, Hugo and Laverne) so hopefully we'll see more of that next year.

TP2000

As of Sunday, September 14th, Oswald has arrived in California!

I find it ironic that this video shows a typical Japanese tourist (AKA a Tokyo "Office Lady" that you see so often at the Disneyland Resort) standing in line to see Oswald. The land that brought us Duffy has apparently shifted its attention to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

Figments Friend

As of Sunday, September 14th, Oswald has arrived in California!

I find it ironic that this video shows a typical Japanese tourist (AKA a Tokyo "Office Lady" that you see so often at the Disneyland Resort) standing in line to see Oswald. The land that brought us Duffy has apparently shifted its attention to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

He looks great...and playful with the Guests.

I find the proportion of his head a bit small when compared to his body size...similar to Stitch in some respects.
Looking forward to seeing him in about a week !
:)

brb1006

Clara Cluck, Clarice, Horace and Clarabelle all make periodic appearances at DLR and have sporadically over the past 10 years. The 50th brought lots of random character moments (one week the whole Hunchback unit was out - Quasi, Esmeralda, Frollo, Clopin, Victor, Hugo and Laverne) so hopefully we'll see more of that next year.
The last time I heard Clarice at Disneyland was during the Dancing With Disney dance party at DCA back in 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom