Osborne Music

FaithlessRock

Original Poster
Hi, Does anyone know what the music is they use during the Osborne lights this year? I know I've heared it before, and maybe even have it, but it's bugging me what it is. :confused:

Thanks
Mark

imamouse

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the name of the group. I'm not sure of the individual tracks, but pick up their CD and you'll have it all.

FloridaJoshua

Music from 2006 Osborne Lights

The Osborne lights uses two tracks from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra album Christmas Eve and Other Stories:
  1. Christmas Eve/Sarejevo 12/24
  2. A Mad Russian's Christmas
It's a great album! I highly recommend it!

FaithlessRock

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your input, I've just bought the album! It's a strange mix of Christmas music with a rocky and classical edge - quite unusual!

gatordoc

If you ever get a change to see TSO live, I highly recommend it. They generally tour during November/December. Their show has become grander over the years to now be one of the most impressive light/pyrotechnic displays that I have ever seen (in addition to some fantastic music). They mostly do Christmas material, though they do throw in some of their other works, as well as some familiar non-Christmas favorites (this year, they played Layla and a bit of Roundabout at the show I saw, for example).

CThaddeus

Rather than start a new thread I decided to resurrect this one with a related question. I was looking to put together all of the Christmas songs played during the Osborne Lights this last year. I have created a list of what I believe are some of them, based on what I heard in the video I took in December. Does anyone know the full list, or even just others that were in the playlist? Here's what I've got so far:
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
Sleigh Ride - Debbie Gibson (I think)
Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
-Osborne Lights Announcement -
A Mad Russian's Christmas - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Christmastime is Here - from a Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Gene Autry (pretty sure about this one)
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Johnny Mathis
Let It Snow - Gloria Estefan
-Osborne Lights Announcement 2 -
Christmastime - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I know Feliz Navidad was added some time after I went as one of the Dancing Lights songs, and at some point I remember Burl Ives singing something, but I can't recall if it was Frosty the Snowman or something else.
Any help you can give is appreciated! Thanks!

Slipknot

One of the songs during one of the "dancing lights" sequences is Carol of The Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra featuring Metallica.

Bill Smugs

One of the songs during one of the "dancing lights" sequences is Carol of The Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra featuring Metallica.

Actually the song is called Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24. he Trans Siberian Orchestra has never played with Metallica.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom