Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

donsullivan

Premium Member
An email is sent out to all Passholders every month if they have a current email address for you on file. They have been doing the monthly emails for at least the past year or so in addition to the quarterly Mickey Moniter that is mailed to Passholders. Also emails are sent about room offers and other offers on occasion. Maybe check your spam folder. :)

Apparently that email isn't going to 'all' Passholders since I've been one for decades now and do not receive any regular email from Disney about Passholder activities. I get the Mickey Monitor in the mail and also anything tied to any FP's or ADR's I make or change but never any general Passholder email communication.

Texas84

Apparently that email isn't going to 'all' Passholders since I've been one for decades now and do not receive any regular email from Disney about Passholder activities. I get the Mickey Monitor in the mail and also anything tied to any FP's or ADR's I make or change but never any general Passholder email communication.

Same here. I get the Monitor but no e-mail. I do get e-mail about my reservations.

Ragerunner

It was in my October email. They use to do this years ago for AP holders. They even gave away free hot chocolate and cookies during the AP event. It was really well done. Don't know if they will do the hot chocolate and cookies this year.

MissM

An email is sent out to all Passholders every month if they have a current email address for you on file. They have been doing the monthly emails for at least the past year or so in addition to the quarterly Mickey Moniter that is mailed to Passholders. Also emails are sent about room offers and other offers on occasion. Maybe check your spam folder. :)

Thirded. They have my email. They have my husband's email. We get reservation updates and we've gotten surveys but we never get the Passholder emails. His email address got about 2 briefly about a year and a half ago and then they stopped mysteriously as they started. We get the mailings like the Mickey Monitor but not the emails no matter what we do. We've talked to guest services about it, we've emailed...nada. And we've been passholders for like the past 6 or 7 years continuously.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone heard anymore about this? I believe there is a CM preview on Nov 5, so I would doubt there will be AP previews on that date.

BernardandBianca

Same here. I get the Monitor but no e-mail. I do get e-mail about my reservations.
Thirded. They have my email. They have my husband's email. We get reservation updates and we've gotten surveys but we never get the Passholder emails. His email address got about 2 briefly about a year and a half ago and then they stopped mysteriously as they started. We get the mailings like the Mickey Monitor but not the emails no matter what we do. We've talked to guest services about it, we've emailed...nada. And we've been passholders for like the past 6 or 7 years continuously.

Number four here. We never get Passholder emails (and just recently started getting Tables invites, which we never got before).

donsullivan

Premium Member
I can't seem to find anything, anywhere that this event is actually taking place. This is the only place I've seen any reference to it. There is nothing on the WDW website and I've not seen it reported on any other site. Seems kind of odd that something like this would be so quiet.

YodaMan

Has anyone heard anymore about this? I believe there is a CM preview on Nov 5, so I would doubt there will be AP previews on that date.

That's the million dollar question. Passholders definitely start the 1st. Cast member is definitely the 5th. The issue is whether Passholders are in on the 5h as well with Cast or if they are having two separate previews and clearing in between.

50sPrimeTime

We'll be there on the 1st...does anyone have any idea on how we'll get in to the lights? Just show our passholder cards at the entrance to the streets? And...my sister and I are passholders, but our parents are not...do you think it'll be ok for the old folks to join us?

Thanks!

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's the million dollar question. Passholders definitely start the 1st. Cast member is definitely the 5th. The issue is whether Passholders are in on the 5h as well with Cast or if they are having two separate previews and clearing in between.

I understand it's not your personal issue but how does a pass holder who does not receive these emails know what the timing and access requirements are. For example, do we need to sign up in some way to attend this event, or can we just show up and show our AP? Past previews like the mess they made of the Fantasyland Preview a few years ago required advance registration but those of us who did not get this communication don't know what the requirements are to attend.

CrazyCodyKid

This is the only thing on the passholder page about the Osborne Lights
"Passholder Giveaway: Exclusive Spectacles for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Add a dash more dazzle to your holiday cheer with special specs! Amidst a flurry of "fa-la-la-la-las," Passholders can celebrate the last year of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights with a yuletide souvenir—exclusive spectacles that brighten the shine and create sparkling snowflake effects!

To pick up your complimentary pair, simply stop by Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind at Disney's Hollywood Studios (directly to your left upon entering the park, just beyond Guest Relations). Offer valid after 5:30 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays during the final season of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, which runs from November 6, 2015 to January 3, 2016. One per Passholder while supplies last—Passholder card and photo ID required."
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-special-offers/events-entertainment/

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I can't seem to find anything, anywhere that this event is actually taking place. This is the only place I've seen any reference to it. There is nothing on the WDW website and I've not seen it reported on any other site. Seems kind of odd that something like this would be so quiet.

Quiet or not it was in the October monthly email. None of us made it up that did indeed see that in the newsletter. Lol. It is odd no other word yet much, but it was noted in there. :geek::cool:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Same here never got any special 'Passholder' email. I get lots of other spam from Disney though.

Tip Top Club

Don't be surprised if this is a preview for everyone and not exclusively for pass holders. Don't be surprised if it's suddenly Christmas at Studios on November 1st. Gotta get all those last looks in.

JohnD

"Passholder Giveaway: Exclusive Spectacles for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Add a dash more dazzle to your holiday cheer with special specs! Amidst a flurry of "fa-la-la-la-las," Passholders can celebrate the last year of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights with a yuletide souvenir—exclusive spectacles that brighten the shine and create sparkling snowflake effects!

To pick up your complimentary pair, simply stop by Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind at Disney's Hollywood Studios (directly to your left upon entering the park, just beyond Guest Relations). Offer valid after 5:30 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays during the final season of Spectacle of Dancing Lights, which runs from November 6, 2015 to January 3, 2016. One per Passholder while supplies last—Passholder card and photo ID required."
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-special-offers/events-entertainment/

Thanks for the info. Glad to see this isn't just during the preview.

dreamfinder

Does anyone thing that the lights will be extended past 03/01? It seems a lot earlier than previous years. Haven't they usually been up (and on) until at least the marathon?!

Nope. Think I've managed to catch the lights once or twice when I've been down there for the marathon. I think it all depends on the exact date of their scheduling change, so first new schedule after Jan 1st.

Don't be surprised if this is a preview for everyone and not exclusively for pass holders. Don't be surprised if it's suddenly Christmas at Studios on November 1st. Gotta get all those last looks in.

I've seen on another board that non APs called in and were told to just show up and they could see the lights. Whether the AP sneek peak isn't AP exclusive, or the CM who told them that was misinformed (both equally likely) we may never know.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster

Lol. Mondays and Wednesdays after 5:30. It's more difficult to get these than it is to park in NYC!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom