Osborne Family Spectacle of DANCING lights (pics & videos)

MissM

Original Poster
So, we braved the weekend-after-Thanksgiving crowd and drove out to MGM on Saturday. Wanted to see the Osborne lights. If you don't know, as of this year, the five million lights "dance" to music from the Trans Siberian Orchestra! Every 15-20 minutes they put on about a 2 minute show. There were two different songs I heard and recorded, each with it's own unique light show. It's really cool. They even make it "snow" all along the streets while playing an assortment of holiday music. It's quite lovely and very festive. Everyone was walking around, gawking, singing along to the music!

Here's a few photos:

osborne-lights1.jpg

osborne-lights5.jpg

osborne-lights8.jpg

osborne-lights13.jpg

There's more here on my Disney photo site:
http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/osbornelights1.html

Also! I have a cool panorama I took here:
http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/osbornelights-pano.html

And... videos! Both are around 5.5 megs each/just over 2 minutes long each and are in .wmv format. There were two different songs, so one is one song, the other the other. I just took them with my digital camera but they're still a nice peek at the lights.

Video #1: (right-click, save-as) http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/disney/dancing-lights06-1.wmv

Video #2: (right-click, save-as)
http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/disney/dancing-lights06-2.wmv

I highly recommend going out to see them if you have a chance. It was really cool and the dancing was a lot of fun. It's awe-inspiring how many lights there are and photos can not begin to capture what it's like in person.

:xmas:
-m

dixiegirl

Great pics and video missm!!! I can hardly wait to go !! We leave on the 15th of DEC for the world for a long weekend, its a total surprise for the kids, and we've never been around the Christmas season so this is a first. Judging from other posts it sounds like it was pretty busy (although that's pretty usual I would think for this time of the year) . MissM, how is it in the weeks to come normally would you say?? is there a few "quiet " weeks like a "calm before the storm, per se" or is it nutty for the rest of the year?? Thanks for any imput...and Thanks for the pics and video!!!

Cinderella1976

Thanks for posting!! Great video. I can't wait to see the lights in person. We leave on Friday!!:sohappy: :xmas:

MissM

Original Poster
You're welcome! The first two weeks of December are normally a little quieter. People are either back from Thanksgiving, or haven't yet arrived for their Christmas/New Year's trip. However, it might still be a decent sized crowd. Just no where near as much as the 22nd-1st will be.

It was a madhouse getting in around 6:15pm (light start at 6pm) but it settled down pretty quickly. We were able to roam around easily and spent about an hour taking pics, looking at the lights and watching the dancing segments.

It's well worth seeing!
-m

Mr Bill

I saw the lights last year in their new location, and was rather disappointed. After watching this video, I feel like I need to make a trip out this year to see the lights. Thanks for sharing.

a2grafix

Quite impressive. Never thought the imact those lights would have in that space. It is amazing, still, what the Imagineers can do.

And if you want to do it right, TSO is the way to go. Very powerful, very moving.

CelticRose

Thanks MissM, that was spectacular and as a fan of TSO it gave me goosebumps................. I will definitely have to talk to the DH and tell him we must go after Thanksgiving next year to see this wonderful display.

163 days and I am there!!!

Hey my 101st post!!!!:sohappy:

metscool

I like the second song. It is very cool. I want to do a fireworks show on RCT3 with that song. Good job with the pics and video.

TinkNGator

Oh this is great we are going dec 16th for a week and I cant wait It will be our second trip this year :sohappy: That video was awesome and makes me more excited than I already am.

nelsonj3

Nice pictures and videos!!! It is nice to see it since I can't go myselft this year. When I heard that the Osborne Lights were synchronized to Trans Siberian Orchestra Music, I had to find a video to see it for myself. Hopefully they'll do it again next year so that I can see it!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom