Orlando Restaurants

tiggergirl1818

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on nice places to eat outside of Disney.....

We've done the usual diners and such but now were looking for some more up market places.

Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks, Jen.

stitchtastic

Pebbles

Pebbles is a lovely restaurant - we've been twice now.Described as a Florida version of Californian cuisine it has an extensive menu and has a nice setting, we sat by a window overlooking the lake. It is at the crossroads shopping centre, Lke Buena Vista Tel:407-827-1111,
Got the details from the unofficial Guide To WDW and it lists a few more. If you like ethnic cuisine Iwould heartily recommend that you try an Indian restaurant (a staple of British diets! But less common in the USA I understand) - it doesn't have to be too spicy you can get some quite mild and creamy dishes- watch out for Indian beer it can be quite strong compared to what you may be used to
Passage to India gets a recommendation in the guide 5532 International Drive Tel:407-351-3456.
Enjoy!!:wave:
Just noted you are Brits - sorry! However tip may be useful for others

ImaYoyo

What kind of food do you like? Here are my favorites:

Season's 52 (Dr Phillips)
Mortons (Dr Phillips)
Pizza Xtreme (Universal area)
BW3 (Crossroads)
Swensons shakes (Florida mall)
I can't remember the new name, but there's a mexican place that has a location near the florida mall and another on 192 and they recently had to change their name for trademark and/or copyright reasons. They used to be called La Frontera.

Those are a few of my favorite in the area, but the list keeps going and going. In Central florida, but not necessarily locally in Orlando, I love the Spaghetti Warehouse and Don Pan in Tampa, and Quaker Steak and Lube in Pinellas Park.

tiggergirl1818

Original Poster
Thanks everyone,

I will put those to hubby and see what he thinks.

ImaYoYo - we like evrything...............except anything pickled!!

Thanks again!

tigsmom

How about the Columbia Restaurant in Celebration?

I haven't been to that one, but I have been to the original in Ybor City as well as the ones in Sarasota and St Pete. A friend likes this one and says its a nice as the others. If you like Cuban/Spanish food this is a good place to indulge. :slurp:

lancemaria

I haven't been to that one, but I have been to the original in Ybor City as well as the ones in Sarasota and St Pete. A friend likes this one and says its a nice as the others. If you like Cuban/Spanish food this is a good place to indulge. :slurp:

you're right! spanish foods are really delicious! Why not try to travel to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">spain</st1:country-region></st1:place> , especially at costa brava .

lancemaria

you're right! spanish foods are really delicious! Why not try to travel to spain , especially at costa brava . You'll love it there! :sohappy:

ImaYoyo

For fast Spanish food------Moes Southwest Grill. I love their burritos-especially the Joey. Several locations in Orlando. Very informal, order and pick up own food. Tvs that can be seen from every table or booth.
Just a correction, Moes is not spanish food, but rather mexican or tex-mex. However, columbia in celebration IS spanish cuisine.

tigsmom

For fast Spanish food------Moes Southwest Grill. I love their burritos-especially the Joey. Several locations in Orlando. Very informal, order and pick up own food. Tvs that can be seen from every table or booth.

Just a correction, Moes is not spanish food, but rather mexican or tex-mex. However, columbia in celebration IS spanish cuisine.

Very true. South Western foods (tacos, burritos, etc) are Mexican or Tex-Mex food. The Columbia serves foods who have their origins in Spain and Cuba as that is the founding family's origins.

sknydave

I love Maggiano's Little Italy. You can order regular pay per item or family style, which allows you to select 2 appetizers, 4 main dishes and 2 deserts. I believe it's $28 per person. The family style food is unlimited! Just ask for more and it'll be on the way.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it... :)

It's located next to Wonderworks on International Drive.

This is the info from their site: http://www.maggianos.com/

Pointe Orlando-Maggiano's
9101 International Dr. * Orlando, FL 32819
General Manager: Todd Brenner * Executive Chef: Alan Zegarra
Phone: 407-241-8650 * Fax: 407-241-8651
Carryout Phone: 407-241-8660 * Carryout Fax: 407-241-8661
Banquet Phone: 407-241-8655 * Banquet Fax: 407-241-8656

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom