Orlando man charged with hitting a Disney security guard during fight over COVID-19 mask rule

TrainsOfDisney

For those who didn’t read the article... this wasn’t just “put your mask on please” and then he punched him.

The family arrived at Epcot with “improper masks” they went back to the car and returned but then a security guard said one of the kids masks was still “improper” - walking to and from the Epcot parking lot 3 times would probably try anyone’s patience.

Alice a

For those who didn’t read the article... this wasn’t just “put your mask on please” and then he punched him.

The family arrived at Epcot with “improper masks” they went back to the car and returned but then a security guard said one of the kids masks was still “improper” - walking to and from the Epcot parking lot 3 times would probably try anyone’s patience.

To the point of assault?

Riverrafter21

[/QUOTE

Yeah, maybe. Every drug store/Target/Walmart has disposable masks that meet Disney's approval. Right now the extra price to enter the parks is to have the proper face masks. People just don't want to be told what to do, or maybe there was a language barrier, or let's face it some people in this world are just not intelligent. Either way, I'm glad Disney isn't letting this slide.

JoeCamel

I wonder what time of day it was?
Saw they went to the gate, ordered back to get proper masks, came back and kid didn't have a proper mask.
Long walk out to the car, I would be disappointed but threaten to kill?

Disney missing a bet not selling masks outside the gate.

Found the time - 4:40 pm.. Looong hot walk to the car they should have them for sale outside the gate. I have to totally blame TDO for this.

Well not really but it is an easy problem to avoid.

JoeCamel

The new vending machine is stocked with the disposable variety of face masks. (We noticed vending machines at Universal Studios Hollywood that also sold masks, but those also had washable versions available.)

Vending Machines outside of park entrance
Granted this is Hollywood studios not sure if it is at the other parks
I would hope they are for sale but a roll around pole store at the check would be better. If they can sell glo toys like that they could do masks

Polkadotdress

Saw they went to the gate, ordered back to get proper masks, came back and kid didn't have a proper mask.
Long walk out to the car, I would be disappointed but threaten to kill?

Disney missing a bet not selling masks outside the gate.
Found the time - 4:40 pm.. Looong hot walk to the car they should have them for sale outside the gate. I have to totally blame TDO for this.

Well not really but it is an easy problem to avoid.

Can’t post a link, as I don’t know which competing sites are considered OK on this site, but there are vending machines outside the entrances of all 4 parks and Disney Springs, where masks can be purchased, thereby eliminating a “long walk” back to the car.

TrainsOfDisney

Can’t post a link, as I don’t know which competing sites are considered OK on this site, but there are vending machines outside the entrances of all 4 parks and Disney Springs, where masks can be purchased, thereby eliminating a “long walk” back to the car.

Why not just offer guests the proper masks for free? My local grocery store can manage that but a billion dollar entertainment company can’t?

peter11435

Of course not. But I’m going to guess that this didn’t start out with the security guard kindly offering the child a mask that would properly work.

I’m not justifying the man’s behavior, but I’m also willing to put myself in his shoes and understand his frustration.
Mask guidelines are pretty clear. The only thing this guy should be frustrated with is his own ignorance.

the.dreamfinder

Why didn’t Disney just give them masks?

DisneyDebRob

Of course not. But I’m going to guess that this didn’t start out with the security guard kindly offering the child a mask that would properly work.

I’m not justifying the man’s behavior, but I’m also willing to put myself in his shoes and understand his frustration.
Who wouldn’t understand his frustration but your going to Disney, during a pandemic.. there are thousands upon thousands of businesses everywhere that requires you to wear a mask. Wouldn’t the first thing you would check, before going to the parks, is to see what their requirements are? Looks like he wasn’t prepared and took his anger out on a security guard doing his job. It’s just open and closed case because of him. Because he wasn’t prepared, someone else gets his anger.

Riverrafter21

Because the rules say bring a mask! The local grocery store can give out free masks because it doesn’t see as many visitors as a Disney Park (even during the slow times).

Also no one collects grocery store masks. People go nuts for ALL things Disney. People would get one to just get one, or sell it on eBay, or use the “a billion dollar company owes me, they can afford it” mentally and take five.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom