Orlando Airport Disney Store Closes!

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
From All Ears Net newsletter:

Flights Fantastic, the Disney store located in Airside 4, near Gates 60-99, of Orlando International Airport, closed last Wednesday, April 30, 2003. Last-minute shoppers looking for Disney merchandise will have to remember to stop by the new Disney store, Magic of Disney, located in the Main Terminal.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
From All Ears Net newsletter:

Flights Fantastic, the Disney store located in Airside 4, near Gates 60-99, of Orlando International Airport, closed last Wednesday, April 30, 2003. Last-minute shoppers looking for Disney merchandise will have to remember to stop by the new Disney store, Magic of Disney, located in the Main Terminal.

How is Magic of Disney? Not that there is any shortage of giftshops on property or anything :lol:

Maria

I thought Magic of Disney was the one closed! I didn´t even know there was another one! (Like they are needed...) It´s just like when you get to Vegas and the minute you step off the plane you start hearing the unmistakable sound of the slot machines.... when you get to Orlando, you are showered with Disney merchandise either original or fake... :animwink:

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
The Magic of Disney Store is located in what I call "the back". It's not near the Universal or Sea World stores. It is located near the Chillis bar and grill. It is quite a walk if you have a whole bunch of luggage.

EmeraldDolphin

I'm sorry to hear about that! I always stopped there, and always ended up buying something... that forgotten souvenier for someone... oh well... I'll have to be sure to stop at Magic of Disney in the main terminal...

FLcastmember

let me clarify something here....

There is a brand new Disney store, under the Hyatt Hotel, were the old Shipwreck Brewary was. This store opened a few months ago, and the plan was to close the other 2 stores.

The Reason is simple, since 9/11, they have not alowed non ticket passenges over to the Airsides, cuting sales to those buisnesses. This is happening all over the country, and many orher airports are going through this more centralized approach to shopping and dinning.

this new store is much bigger then the USF and SW stores, and has a very good location if you are flying Delta, Southwest or International. And lets face it, most WDW guests fit into one of those 3.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by FLcastmember
this new store is much bigger then the USF and SW stores, and has a very good location if you are flying Delta, Southwest or International. And lets face it, most WDW guests fit into one of those 3.

I flew American or British Airways... :lol:

MicBat

The old Disney Store in the airport... did it sell disney store merchandise or theme park merchandise??... I've seen it, but I've never been in...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
theme park.

all of the disney stores in Orlando, that aren't specifically "The Disney Store" are operated by WDW

mstarfishee

As long as there is at least one Disney Store at the airport, i'm happy. Because no matter how many days I spend in park or at DTD or a Disney resort, I always manage to forget to buy something, so the airport store usually saves me!

wild01ride

My pocketbook is usually way tapped-out by the time I get back to the airport. Usually, I'm lucky to be able to afford a $2.00 Starbucks Coffee before heading to the gate.

BTW, anyone else here appreciate having to open the lid of your topped-off coffee with carry-on luggage in your arms when going through the security check-point? :lol:

MicBat

Originally posted by wild01ride
My pocketbook is usually way tapped-out by the time I get back to the airport. Usually, I'm lucky to be able to afford a $2.00 Starbucks Coffee before heading to the gate.

BTW, anyone else here appreciate having to open the lid of your topped-off coffee with carry-on luggage in your arms when going through the security check-point? :lol:
:lol: That's usually how it is! Most of the time, I had just been shopping earlier that day b/c it's no fun coming home from WDW with $$$! :p

DonickCo

if you want to see the old store check this out.

http://www.state.fl.us/goaa/images/graphics/terminal.mov

terminal.mov

SirNim

Originally posted by MicBat
Thanks for sharing! It kept me entertained. :D
That's a classic Quicktime panorama...

I remember downloading that a long time ago (two years or so):lol: and looking at it in preparation for one of my trips. It's a shame that store (really two separate stores) are now closed. As long as there is a store open in the airport, ah glorious OIA!! (should I rather say, MCO?) ;)

:D

Gregory

I do!

Thats too bad... I always used to stop by the other one (not the one in the 360) as soon as I got there, and grab a few brochures... not like I didn't know what was going on, but I like collecting them with all the dates of my trip, ect....

jmarc63

One thing to note in the wake of the inpending sale of TDS, the store at OIA is NOT a Disney store, it is an extension of the WDW shops on property. case in point, they have more than childrens items

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom