Original Test Track Plans

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some of those scenes could fit in the fast moving setting of the ride. I wish they would play its fun to be free somewhere within the pavilion.

Oh no... what happened to my favorite Animal Kingdom ride?
It has been in a sorry state for a good decade, if not more. Compared to the original design.

misterID

Yeah, TT needs a total rethemeing. A WOM hybrid could be cool, but it could be tough. The original futuristic theme sounds cool, as long as it doesn't take place in test facility.

Flight Safety

Most underrated is Dinosaur. Ya i know all about the maintenance issues and all, but it's still a very good ride. I'd also like to say that Living with the Land is right there with Dinosaur and Test Track for me as most underrated. I'd say for the non thrill category that Living with the Land, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Liberty Square Riverboat, Tom Sawyer's Island are all always walk-ons and very good attractions.

Scuttle,

Im Right there with you! Countdown To Extinction, ahem... I mean "Dinosaur", is by far the most under rated rides anywhere IMO. I love to ride it multiple times in a row and make scarry faces back at the CT. :sohappy:

Test Track is 2nd in my book for underrated, and LWTL 3rd tied with TSI...

It has been in a sorry state for a good decade, if not more. Compared to the original design.

Disagree! Im there weekly and I will be the first to admit that its had its times where it was down and out. Like the sorry excuse for a stand in CT. But overall this ride could lose half of its AT's and still be one of the best rides out there... It however has seen better days since the silly "Dinosaur" movie...

Flight Safety

Just realized this, but you may not be talking about CTE here. If you're talking about TT, my apologies... I was there for the 1st preveiw of TT and let me tell you this, I CURSED THAT RIDE FOR MONTHS! :mad: I spent an entire day park open to park close taking turns sleeping on the grass in front of TT due to the "Reboots". Ahhh! On one hand, I think that the ride tech is by far the most sophisticated out there but it definately has its issues.

Flight Safety

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just realized this, but you may not be talking about CTE here.
No, the original CTX. With the laser vortexes, tunnel pyro and strobes, largest smoke system ever installed by Disney, jumping Compsognathus, diving teradactyl, laser net, laser event horizon and the like...

Flight Safety

No, the original CTX. With the laser vortexes, tunnel pyro and strobes, largest smoke system ever installed by Disney, jumping Compsognathus, diving teradactyl, laser net, laser event horizon and the like...

Glad to see you've actually ridden the real ride. Yea, I agree it needs them back desperately... But its still a great thrill either way. :shrug: I wish I knew exactly why its all gone. But I'd be willing to bet if I did know, It would probably dissapoint me. :brick:

Kev1417

TT as most underrated? i would say most overrated. i drive in my car every day faster than 65mph on the commute to work. Never figured out why everyone loves this ride so much. Everyone drives a car don't they? is it just because it's a convertable? or maybe just the banked turns? That the only real excitement for me....the banked turns. But it's not worth more than a 20 min wait in my opinion. Just never understood the love for this ride....To each their own though.

DocMcHulk

I direct everyone who wants to see the "original" Dinosaur, watch this (martinsvids.net).

Kev1417

after watching martin's video (great as always), it's like a totally different ride. I didn't realize all the different effects when the ride first opened. Is it really that difficult to keep those effects working?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom