Original Alice in Wonderland Ride

Phroobar

Today I was looking at the Alice in Wonderland attraction's Wikipedia page and found something... odd.

A paragraph claims that in 1971, it opened in the Magic Kingdom. The ride's description is just the modern attraction's ridethrough, so it's likely just some typo made.
Everybody knows the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland are the same thing.

SuddenStorm

One can only hope Disney or a park guest rode through with a film camera before they converted it to the 83 version, and will one day release the footage. Or at least taken detailed photos.

Clover Bailey

I actually found two more photos from the original Alice in Wonderland. One is of the Dormouse coming out of his pot, the other is another Mad Hatter and March Hare image. I've tried to upload them through image URLs. but the images are screenshots from Youtube, so I'm trying my best to get URL conversions.

Brer Oswald

If anyone is interested, there's a YouTube channel that posts audio "tributes" of Disneyland attractions. They contain a combination of audio from the park both current and past, and some videos even use movie audio for enhancements. There's a lot of cool old audio on this channel such as the entire audio loop of the original caurosel of progress! Here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/user/rickydoodlebug

Brer Oswald

I actually found two more photos from the original Alice in Wonderland. One is of the Dormouse coming out of his pot, the other is another Mad Hatter and March Hare image. I've tried to upload them through image URLs. but the images are screenshots from Youtube, so I'm trying my best to get URL conversions.
Just save the images to a gallery and upload them that way.

BasiltheBatLord

I'm pretty curious as to what happened to the old "creepy" Alice figure. I looked all over the ride for her last month to see if I could find her hidden anywhere but didn't see her.

Clover Bailey

Some answers to above questions from this 60's kid:

The original DL cheshire cat didn't have dialogue; they looped his insane laugh from the film's Tulgey Wood scene over and over.

The original Snow White ride at DL started in the Mine. There was no cottage scene, magic mirror scene, or Dwarfs on a cliff face. There were, however, black strings hanging in 2 locations to simulate cobwebs dragging across your face! How hygienic was that?!?

There was/is an issue of E Ticket devoted to the original Alice ride. It's awesome!

Do you know where I can find the issue?

Rich T

Do you know where I can find the issue?
Good news and bad news. Most issues are available at the WD Family Museum site: https://store.wdfmuseum.org/the-e-ticket

But Alice is issue 31 and that particular one seems unavailable right now. You might have to ebay this one until it gets put in an archive collection.
(EDIT): I am SO ordering the tin sign:
eticketsign.jpg

Last edited:

Clover Bailey

Good news and bad news. Most issues are available at the WD Family Museum site: https://store.wdfmuseum.org/the-e-ticket

But Alice is issue 31 and that particular one seems unavailable right now. You might have to ebay this one until it gets put in an archive collection.
(EDIT): I am SO ordering the tin sign:
View attachment 292764
I just found the issue on eBay, so I'm going to try and get it. I also found a video reading of the Mr. Toad issue. Thanks for giving me the information.

BasiltheBatLord

I just found the issue on eBay, so I'm going to try and get it. I also found a video reading of the Mr. Toad issue. Thanks for giving me the information.
If you do end up with it, please try and scan it and upload it. That could be an important piece of park history that you'll be in possession of.

KanakoS

Black and White: Saved the scariest for last. This never existed, yet it ended up in my dream. There was a very old opening day Fantasyland dark ride on the edge of Tomorrowland called Black and White. This was truly freaky. The entire ride was 10 minutes long and you were just watching a horrifying animatronic head with a white face talking about r*pe. YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. He had a twisted voice that made you cry, and was overall a disgusting attraction.
WHAT

mickEblu

For the ride's 65th anniversary, I want them to bring back the Upside Down Room. It was a lot more fun than the scene that replaced it (the Tweedles). Bring back the screaming doors, too: They'll fit in just fine after the courtroom.

I’ve only seen pictures but it seems much more interesting. Plus they can stick Tweedle Dee and Dum anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom