Original Alice in Wonderland Ride

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
Ok, so yesterday I was on this website looking at the history of the Haunted Mansion, when it started talking about the original Alice in Wonderland dark ride. I thought the current one was an original. So I got interested, and I kept reading on. I found out that it was MUCH creepier. Like the Cheshire Cat was this big cutout that kept laughing at you,there was a hallway of screaming doors, and in the garden scene, a big tiger lily jumped out and roared at you. I've been doing a little research today about it, and I'm trying to find a video of it, but I can't find any. I figured since there's a video of the Hatbox Ghost in the HM, then there would be a video of the original Alice in Wonderland ride.

I'm surprised that a ride of my favorite movie used to be so scary.

Californian Elitist

The ride also used to have the upside down chair scene from the film:

2010pc1.jpg

Here are some other photos of the original ride:
alice1.jpg

alice2.jpg

original+alice+ride+tea+party+600.jpg

None of these are in the attraction now.

All of the dark rides at Disneyland are creepy and scary, besides Peter Pan and maybe Alice, but even Alice gives me the creeps sometimes. Alice in Wonderland itself is a very strange and odd story.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
The ride also used to have the upside down chair scene from the film:

2010pc1.jpg

Here are some other photos of the original ride:
alice1.jpg

alice2.jpg

original+alice+ride+tea+party+600.jpg

None of these are in the attraction now.

All of the dark rides at Disneyland are creepy and scary, besides Peter Pan and maybe Alice, but even Alice gives me the creeps sometimes. Alice in Wonderland itself is a very strange and odd story.
I knew you'd be the first to post on here! ;)

Wow! You found more pictures than I did! I wish there was a video of it.

Creepy! :eek: (And that's coming from a person who likes creepy! This is weird nightmarish creepy!)

Californian Elitist

I knew you'd be the first to post on here! ;)

Wow! You found more pictures than I did! I wish there was a video of it.

Creepy! :eek: (And that's coming from a person who likes creepy! This is weird nightmarish creepy!)

Of course I'd be first hahaha.

I remember, when I trained for the Alice ride, all the CMs kept telling me how creepy Alice is and how everyone's scared to walk past her. I didn't know what they were talking about, I had no problem walking past her. She's definitely creepy but not that creepy. Now Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad and Pinocchio are different stories. I was always scared to walk through those rides, but I had to do it.

Alice-in-Alice-in-Wonderland-Ride-at-Disneyland-alice-15941356-500-333.jpg

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
Of course I'd be first hahaha.

I remember, when I trained for the Alice ride, all the CMs kept telling me how creepy Alice is and how everyone's scared to walk past her. I didn't know what they were talking about, I had no problem walking past her. She's definitely creepy but not that creepy. Now Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad and Pinocchio are different stories. I was always scared to walk through those rides, but I had to do it.

Alice-in-Alice-in-Wonderland-Ride-at-Disneyland-alice-15941356-500-333.jpg
Haha! That's cool!

How did you feel about the Cheshire Cat?

Animaniac93-98

StarWarsGirl

What about the original Snow White where you took on her role in the film? Haven't seen footage, but I bet that was kinda spooky...
Just all of it really. I'd love to have a time machine and just kind of visit at different points, you know?

I'll get to work on that right away and all of you are welcome to join me;)

secondstartotheright

raven24 said:

wait- I thought alice herself doesn't appear in the ride? if she does, where?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom