Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
No but I'm serious about this The Osbourne Lights were extremely ugly during daylight hours and seizure inducing at night. Good riddance to them.
Really? I've never heard anyone not like them?

I will agree they were worse in streets of America. The lights were way more compact because they didn't have anywhere near as much space to spread out. And then they started them dancing for the last couple years too. I can say that was maybe too much.

But back on residential street they were barely seen during the day because that wasn't a usual guest area and they were properly spaced out.

They were the most popular and beloved Christmas display that didn't cost money up until they were gotten rid of for star wars even with the downgrade though. At least I always thought they were. They were always incredibly full of people.

But, maybe it's just my personal bias.

How would you improve the Osborne Lights? This is before they were dancing lights, when they were more spaced out across residential street, and not in guest area where they were visible except from one corner in the back of NY Street during the day. Or what else would you do for Christmas

mickeyfan5534

How would you improve the Osborne Lights? This is before they were dancing lights, when they were more spaced out across residential street, and not in guest area where they were visible except from one corner in the back of NY Street during the day. Or what else would you do for Christmas
For history's and timeline's sake, I would keep them. I would probably never get rid of Residential Street and just keep them in that back area. That'd help A LOT with the ugliness. But I wouldn't want it to end up being the be all-end all of Christmas at the Studios. I'd probably do a Christmas Cavalcade and maybe a stage show in Theatre of Stars or in the GMR plaza.

D Hulk

A question for everyone regarding Gangster EMV.

The general premise is 1930s-era cops & robbers, but that can go a few different ways. Guests can be allied with a private investigator (or dick ;)), riding in an old coupe pursuing a criminal gang.

Or guests can be criminals, driving the robbers' getaway vehicle while pursued by the police!

I personally prefer the getaway vehicle option, but how do others feel? It makes guests the bad guys (even if the pre-show sets it up as revenge against dirty corrupt cops), and I'm not sure how that would play at Disney. Thoughts?

mickeyfan5534

The general premise is 1930s-era cops & robbers, but that can go a few different ways. Guests can be allied with a private investigator (or **** ;)), riding in an old coupe pursuing a criminal gang.

Or guests can be criminals, driving the robbers' getaway vehicle while pursued by the police!

I personally prefer the getaway vehicle option, but how do others feel? It makes guests the bad guys (even if the pre-show sets it up as revenge against dirty corrupt cops), and I'm not sure how that would play at Disney. Thoughts?
Why not lean into the PI angle and do a Nick and Nora Charles-type couple for the investigators?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
For history's and timeline's sake, I would keep them. I would probably never get rid of Residential Street and just keep them in that back area. That'd help A LOT with the ugliness. But I wouldn't want it to end up being the be all-end all of Christmas at the Studios. I'd probably do a Christmas Cavalcade and maybe a stage show in Theatre of Stars or in the GMR plaza.
Yeah, putting Lights Motor Action there was a huge mistake that really hurt Osborne and killed the Backlot Tour. But since that didn't happen till 05, we can worry about that and fixing 04-15 era Osborne some other time.

More Christmas is always good! Don't forget, there wasn't a stage of any kind in the hub until the show they made when Hugh school musical 3 came out. So with the hub shows you're doing don't forget to budget out and mention installing the infrastructure for it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

The general premise is 1930s-era cops & robbers, but that can go a few different ways. Guests can be allied with a private investigator (or **** ;)), riding in an old coupe pursuing a criminal gang.

I agree with the PI angle. Gangster get away car might be too similar to the gangster taking the ride vehicle to use as a getaway car in great movie ride. But both would work well and could be done in a very unique way!

Hehehe

Just make sure you draw the PIs. Hehehe. Draw them because I wanna see the... Hehehe. I wanna see the private **** pics

I am 12 years old sometimes lol

mickeyfan5534

More Christmas is always good! Don't forget, there wasn't a stage of any kind in the hub until the show they made when Hugh school musical 3 came out. So with the hub shows you're doing don't forget to budget out and mention installing the infrastructure for it.
Don't worry, that's in the plan. The idea for the hub versions of the shows is three floats: two staircases and a stage (which is a reskinned and slightly upgraded version of the Indian village float in the Pocahontas parade which already got reskinned for Hercules) Also, while they keep the same name, the shows would get reworked to fit the move (reduced dancers, no costume changes, stuff like that)

D Hulk

Why not lean into the PI angle and do a Nick and Nora Charles-type couple for the investigators?
I agree with the PI angle. Gangster get away car might be too similar to the gangster taking the ride vehicle to use as a getaway car in great movie ride. But both would work well and could be done in a very unique way!

Hehehe

Just make sure you draw the PIs. Hehehe. Draw them because I wanna see the... Hehehe. I wanna see the private **** pics

I am 12 years old sometimes lol
It sounds like everyone likes the dick angle :hilarious:. And good call, I'd forgotten about that GMR gangster bit.

Thinking I'll lean into the noir style with a Sam Spade inspired dick. (But folding in as many crime/noir tropes as feasible.) Guests ride a chase vehicle helping to capture the gangsters' getaway car.

DisneyFan18

Doing a Stormtrooper is harder than it seems! WIP
Captura de pantalla 2018-06-11 a la(s) 18.43.42.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Ok so just to clarify, Scary Halloween weekends in October and a full out Christmas event are on the cards?

If you do Halloween Weekends, make sure anything not kid friendly is off out of the way. Like maybe in residential street or something. This is still Disney and most of what we are adding is helping to make MGM a more well rounded whole family park.

I'd personally vote no Halloween, but I know we were interested in horror earlier. So, I'm not against a Halloween party of done right. Maybe even add an XS-Tech and/or Aliens maze.

More Christmas is always good though, just stop before it gets to the point of becoming an upcharge event imo

mickeyfan5534

I'd personally vote no Halloween, but I know we were interested in horror earlier. So, I'm not against a Halloween party of done right. Maybe even add an XS-Tech and/or Aliens maze.

More Christmas is always good though, just stop before it gets to the point of becoming an upcharge event imo
How does a single horror maze in Residential Street plus a small villains cavalcade sound?

D Hulk

Toss me as much as you want tonight and I'll expand your outline! Maybe change bits and pieces to mix my ideas in, but probably keep it rather similar to what you got. I was having a little trouble coming up with show scenes anyways and your ideas are always fantastic!

And I'm liking the idea of cloning the Indy/dinosaur layout. Adds some extra realism. And just the right amount of limits to improve a project and keep it focused but still gives enough freedom to go crazy. Perfect amount of self imposed structure. Love it!
Warehouse of Wonders brief (very rough)

The general premise involves guests exploring a Hollywood prop warehouse, where an enchanted film projector brings all the props and memorabilia to life very much like Mystic Manor.

The attraction needs main characters to hold it all together, somewhat like Albert and Lord Mystic. Was considering perhaps a tabloid reporter who's sneaking in to dig up gossip, along with her pet cockatiel. (Think Tilda Swinton in Hail Caesar!) Other ideas are fine too, this isn't fully developed.

Entering the indoor queue, guests pass the security office and a sleeping guard inside snoring. Inside is a pre-show establishing the reporter character and the projector - which she disbelieves. Queue past shelves of props and memorabilia - lots of detail potential! Loading onto trackless back lot carts in the loading docks amidst many prop-filled crates.

Ride into projection room overlooking screening room. The cockatiel turns on the projector, and glittering magic brings the piles of film cans and reels roaring to life.

Through halls of vintage movie posters and framed B&W film stills, all alive. (Use the cockatiel like Albert to respond to the craziness throughout, perhaps while the tabloid reporter doesn't notice.)

Through the costume department and the celebrity wax museum.

Into a private screening room, with a wurlitzer organ playing itself and a film playing on the screen. Cars pause, lights dim, and magically lights return and we're inside the movie (rising walls, secretly moving cars). Through black & white sets, which change as the film edits from shot to shot - projection effects against simple walls. Then the reel breaks down; we go through a starfield.

The centerpiece prop warehouse scene, all the props alive at once. All vintage genres represented - western, musical, Gothic horror, noir, silent comedy, Biblical epic, sci-fi serial. Like Hunny Hunt's Heffalump scene, cars dance through different vignettes and assorted gags, 8-12 cars in this finale. The scene needs a trademark theme song like POTC or Mansion...

Then cars escape into the Executive Producer's private office (with living film awards and such), where the cockatiel flips a giant master switch and shuts off the projector. Things return to normal.

Unload into the Acme Gag Factory shop nearby.

As said, very rough. Have fun with this, Pi!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How does a single horror maze in Residential Street plus a small villains cavalcade sound?
That sounds good to me! You could probably even fit two mazes back there. As long as they are away from guests areas so families can have many and thorough warnings I'm cool with it

Warehouse of Wonders brief (very rough)

The general premise involves guests exploring a Hollywood prop warehouse, where an enchanted film projector brings all the props and memorabilia to life very much like Mystic Manor.

The attraction needs main characters to hold it all together, somewhat like Albert and Lord Mystic. Was considering perhaps a tabloid reporter who's sneaking in to dig up gossip, along with her pet cockatiel. (Think Tilda Swinton in Hail Caesar!) Other ideas are fine too, this isn't fully developed.

Entering the indoor queue, guests pass the security office and a sleeping guard inside snoring. Inside is a pre-show establishing the reporter character and the projector - which she disbelieves. Queue past shelves of props and memorabilia - lots of detail potential! Loading onto trackless back lot carts in the loading docks amidst many prop-filled crates.

Ride into projection room overlooking screening room. The cockatiel turns on the projector, and glittering magic brings the piles of film cans and reels roaring to life.

Through halls of vintage movie posters and framed B&W film stills, all alive. (Use the cockatiel like Albert to respond to the craziness throughout, perhaps while the tabloid reporter doesn't notice.)

Through the costume department and the celebrity wax museum.

Into a private screening room, with a wurlitzer organ playing itself and a film playing on the screen. Cars pause, lights dim, and magically lights return and we're inside the movie (rising walls, secretly moving cars). Through black & white sets, which change as the film edits from shot to shot - projection effects against simple walls. Then the reel breaks down; we go through a starfield.

The centerpiece prop warehouse scene, all the props alive at once. All vintage genres represented - western, musical, Gothic horror, noir, silent comedy, Biblical epic, sci-fi serial. Like Hunny Hunt's Heffalump scene, cars dance through different vignettes and assorted gags, 8-12 cars in this finale. The scene needs a trademark theme song like POTC or Mansion...

Then cars escape into the Executive Producer's private office (with living film awards and such), where the cockatiel flips a giant master switch and shuts off the projector. Things return to normal.

Unload into the Acme Gag Factory shop nearby.

As said, very rough. Have fun with this, Pi!

And this looks great doing a quick skim! I'll look closer later. I'm walking in to see Deadpool now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom