Orange Bird sippy cups on sale at the Sunshine Tree Terrace!!!!

mickeysaver

I for sure remember the orange and the grape. I am tickled to see the new Orange Bird sipper. I will have to get one of those next trip.

asianway

Original Poster
I seem to remember there also being a cup shaped like grapes when I was a kid as well

The grapes ones were not Disney themed so a little more generic. They were sold at Enchanted Grove.

The Orange Bird ones were mostly sold in the 70s, two different Mickey Mouse designs were sold on the oranges in the 80s until they stopped.

puntagordabob

I had one of these little guys when I was a young boy during the 70s.... long since lost. I will for sure be purchasing one of these drinks in one of these the next time I am in Adventureland! :)

SeaCastle

Glad to hear that, all the pics I have seen thus far they have not been on. Do they only turn them on at night?

In the past they were on all of the time. I believe the torches were turned off in the early 2000's or late 90's...I'm not too sure of the date.

Per MinnieMGirl on Twitter:

Axle1986

The sign...

The new sign with covered orange bird

SAM_0976.JPG

SAM_0982.JPG

:sohappy:
from http://freshroastedcorn.blogspot.com.au/

I'm confused as to why they'd cover up the sign if they're still willing to feature the Orange Bird in things for sale? Wouldn't it make sense to have him up on the sign so people who don't know WDW history can be like, "Look at that cute little bird ... oh look, a cute little cup, I think I'll buy it!"

:rolleyes: #Istillwanttobuyone

menamechris

Meanwhile, didn't I read that food was supposed to be served there now? Like orange chicken and asian salad? When I went there this afternoon, it was just ice cream and snacks...

Magicot

If you look very close at the back of the sign, it appears that one of the Orange Bird's little leaf feathers is broken and glued back on. It broke off with the grain of the wood. Maybe they are keeping it covered up temporarily until they can fix that slight but noticeable problem. That's what I'm sensing. :wave:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
If you look very close at the back of the sign, it appears that one of the Orange Bird's little leaf feathers is broken and glued back on. It broke off with the grain of the wood. Maybe they are keeping it covered up temporarily until they can fix that slight but noticeable problem. That's what I'm sensing. :wave:

They did mention that it may have broke off before installing it. But they installed the metal cover as a temporary slip on.. possibly waiting for the go ahead before they can reveal.

OrangeTree

Excellent news!

No, it's not a big deal, but it is an original character and it is historic for Disney, in Florida. This is something unique to us. Very cool to see WDI/TDO recognizing that and using it to their advantage.

6laurac

If anyone gets one-please post how much they are and how many ounces they hold. I have a Disney freak (like me) going in June and may get him to get my daughter one.

Thanks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom