Options for a family of 6?

RememberWhen

One potential downside to a split stay is that you will have two ADR dates. If you have any high-demand restaurants on your list, especially with a party of 6, you’ll want to try to plan them toward the end of your stay. With a split stay you lose the +10 ADR advantage.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The old key west rooms have much more floor space in them than any other spot…but beds/occupancy limits are the same basically across the board.

the 2 bedrooms would be far more comfortable…but the point rental charge might be more than two connectors at rack in a more fun spot.
Good luck on your planning.

correcaminos

One potential downside to a split stay is that you will have two ADR dates. If you have any high-demand restaurants on your list, especially with a party of 6, you’ll want to try to plan them toward the end of your stay. With a split stay you lose the +10 ADR advantage.
This. If you want any currently harder to get reservations like Sci Fi or Space 220 do not do a split stay.

I did a split stay on a 3 night trip. It wasn't bad. I've done 2 and 5 on other trips. Moving food is the biggest issue but that's it. For little ones who nap back at the room - and mine never could sleep in a stroller - it could potentially be an issue too.

Just things to think on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This. If you want any currently harder to get reservations like Sci Fi or Space 220 do not do a split stay.

I did a split stay on a 3 night trip. It wasn't bad. I've done 2 and 5 on other trips. Moving food is the biggest issue but that's it. For little ones who nap back at the room - and mine never could sleep in a stroller - it could potentially be an issue too.

Just things to think on.
My take (it wasn’t always this way) is that if you have to book a restaurant on the first day…you’re going to get thoroughly ripped off and you don’t really want it.

unfortunately it plays

correcaminos

My take (it wasn’t always this way) is that if you have to book a restaurant on the first day…you’re going to get thoroughly ripped off and you don’t really want it.

unfortunately it plays
I'm not sure I follow your post.

We have a 4 day trip for spring break next month. I was able to get Plaza no issues. Even B&C for lunch after talking about it for a couple weeks. Neither is bad. We leave 1st day open for travel and such usually. Sci Fi request was a bust. So was Space 220. Hoping our 8 day trip in June does better for Space 220.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not sure I follow your post.

We have a 4 day trip for spring break next month. I was able to get Plaza no issues. Even B&C for lunch after talking about it for a couple weeks. Neither is bad. We leave 1st day open for travel and such usually. Sci Fi request was a bust. So was Space 220. Hoping our 8 day trip in June does better for Space 220.
The thought train was don’t split a stay because it messes with dining…

my stance is if you have to book it on the first day…your stomach and wallet really doesn’t want it.

correcaminos

The thought train was don’t split a stay because it messes with dining…

my stance is if you have to book it on the first day…your stomach and wallet really doesn’t want it.
Ah gotcha. Still waking up here lol

I will say some dining was waaaay easier than expected. What used to be a PITA to get hasn't been even during the week for busy central Florida spring break. So not all are bad. We had lots of good options our first day, I just don't want to guess where we will be that evening. If our flight is delayed, meal times will shift etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah gotcha. Still waking up here lol

I will say some dining was waaaay easier than expected. What used to be a PITA to get hasn't been even during the week for busy central Florida spring break. So not all are bad. We had lots of good options our first day, I just don't want to guess where we will be that evening. If our flight is delayed, meal times will shift etc.
It’s been fairly easy since reopening

gee…wonder why? (Rhetorical)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually I will not assume it's just pandemic stuff as parks are packed. People will eat indoors. No dining plan makes people cheap I think..... interestingly enough.
What’s ironic is that people get ripped off with that too…they just go for the worm more easily when it’s prepackaged a year in advance

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed. So many say it's convenient but you still have to pay tip. When they removed that, the plan no longer became prepaid entirely. Easier to just bring a gift card if you need it prepaid.
Did I mention I love you?

…never agreed with you more. The craziest in the long line of unbelievable lines that Disney has sold is that the customers AND employees wanted rid of the tips.

that kinda explains everything that has gone downhill since

correcaminos

Did I mention I love you?

…never agreed with you more. The craziest in the long line of unbelievable lines that Disney has sold is that the customers AND employees wanted rid of the tips.

that kinda explains everything that has gone downhill since
Not laughing at you by the way but just chuckled in agreement. I've been watching the DDP from day one and the changes they made... yeah. It's a mess. Food stinks compared to before too (pre covid talking too so not speaking of shortages)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@helenabear

just to clarify…the reason dining is available to me is 100% because of no plan.

that was a classic lemming stampede…it pushed people there and they didn’t blink.

The parks are open and occupied…but for the first time in 15 years they’re not being told where to go (except paid for lines) and they have to look at the menu prices…which is quite a surprise to many, isn’t it?

“how much for Biergarten?? 😱

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not laughing at you by the way but just chuckled in agreement. I've been watching the DDP from day one and the changes they made... yeah. It's a mess. Food stinks compared to before too (pre covid talking too so not speaking of shortages)
No I got you…babe…

1644424739268.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Agreed. So many say it's convenient but you still have to pay tip. When they removed that, the plan no longer became prepaid entirely. Easier to just bring a gift card if you need it prepaid.
Here’s what might be some obvious question but I’ve never used a Disney gift card.

I think I can buy an e-card now (wasn’t able to do so before but I think it changed a year or so ago). Do I need to have a physical card? If so, how do I then put the balance of the e-card onto the physical one? If not, how do I use it at a restaurant as opposed to on the app?

If I need to buy and load a physical card on site then it loses the whole point of having one. But if there’s a way to buy e-cards over time, when exchange rates are good, then it might be worth while.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s what might be some obvious question but I’ve never used a Disney gift card.

I think I can buy an e-card now (wasn’t able to do so before but I think it changed a year or so ago). Do I need to have a physical card? If so, how do I then put the balance of the e-card onto the physical one? If not, how do I use it at a restaurant as opposed to on the app?

If I need to buy and load a physical card on site then it loses the whole point of having one. But if there’s a way to buy e-cards over time, when exchange rates are good, then it might be worth while.
You can register/recharge them on a site…I don’t believe they have a digital pay method yet?

but I don’t follow that closely

correcaminos

There are e-gift cards. I've been given them as gifts. You can buy a physical card too https://www.shopdisney.com/buy-a-disney-gift-card-egift/

you can combine multiple gift cards as well. https://www.disneygiftcard.com/mycards/list-of-cards so you can get one physical card if you like. Or you scan the bar code as payment from the email

I can also add gift cards to my Google wallet. So it becomes easier to pay with those in person.

correcaminos

Here is a scratched over screen shot from an e-card sent to me 3 years ago. There are numbers I scratched out that you can use or a bar code they can scan. You can combine them to one on the site I linked before. The account number is the card number you can enter in for mobile ordering. No need for a physical card if you don't want it. I have used this card but wanted to scratch out just in case. It's no longer linked to my account.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-133205_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-133205_Gmail.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 74
Poly is amazing! But, we love Copper Creek Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. You have several pools to choose from and it's amazing. We took 5 people before and we stayed at the AKL the first time - 2 bedroom. great! My 2 adult daughters and 1 grandchild at that time 5. The next time we went, we stayed at the Poly in a deluxe studio... never again!!! We all had a bed but, we were all on top of one another even with the two bath rooms. The last time we stayed at Copper Creek - 2 bedroom and once again amazing! At the Grand Floridian 1 bedroom, you can sleep 3 people in the living area and of course you have the master bedroom. Good luck!!! You can't go wrong with any of the DVC resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom