Oprahs visit to grand cali hotel

WDWFanatic

Original Poster
My wife heard on the radio that oprah and gale visited the GCH recently for a little holiday and spa treatment. She wanted the best suite in the place and was denied due to the room being reserved for some kind of saudi prince. So she was ticked off about that and so she got into the next best place. She had all sorts of special things ordered for her dogs and stuff. Then she wanted blackout curtains for the windows and disney would not comply so she got miffed and checked out.

I assume this is all true and it was talked about on a disney owned station. Personally i think oprah is a total Bit*h and isnt owed anything. I hate celebrities that think everything should be handed to them. It shows who they really are.

Nicole220

Johnny Depp has stayed in the best room at the Grand Californian.... my mom and I were going to go this past weekend and stalk him...

:lookaroun

Disneyfalcon

Hmmm. That story sounds a little off. I wouldn't think Oprah would go anywhere without her assistant making reservations for her. It's also strange that this comes out when she's showing clips of her "spa" stay in Arizona (I think).
It could be true, it just doesn't quite ring right with me.:confused:

MainSt1993

Um, the Grand does have blackout curtains in all the rooms, all the rooms are soundproof, and the Grand has four uber-suites to accommodate ballers like me. Also, Orca wouldn't be interacting with DGC staff in public, nor would the people she would interact with leak this story if it were true. I'm declaring shenanigans.

WDWizard626

Oprah made a surprise visit to Disneyland last month (cant remember when)..she was filming a segment for her show in front of the castle and her stay at the Grand was probably around this time. It was a "surprise" visit, the public wasnt told at all that she would make an appearance, but I'm not sure if this was a planned visit that was just kept from the public to avoid crowds of Oprah fans or something random.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom