Opinions

lazidazi07

Original Poster
I was curious as what everyone's favorite place for breakfast is?
Preferably a table service, but anywhere inside the parks, resorts, etc.
:D

I have 2 fav's, both are character meals.

1st is the Crystal Palace. Not only for the victorian atmosphere or the characters, but the food is delish!

2nd was the Garden Grill in Epcot. This was also a character meal with a family style meal, but I believe it is now only a lunch and dinner restaurant.

I really like both of these restaurants mostly because a lot of the food at wdw i find to be quite like rocks in the tummy:hurl:-one of my very few complaints. But at a lot of the character meals the food seems to be very good.

Oh my goodness! i almost forgot! The Whispering Canyon Cafe! While this is not a character meal, the wait staff is sure full of enjoyment. I will actually have to re-list my fav's because this is actually my fav. It's great for breakfast, lunch, dinner. There have been times in the morning where i have just ordered oatmeal and a fruit plate and have been pleased. This may be one of the most family friendly restaurants I have been to, and that is saying a lot for disney. The kids horse race is cool for kiddies!

didn't mean to babble...hope this helps!

PinMadness

Crystal Palace for sure!
The atmosphere is charming and the food is amazing! I am the pickiest eater so it's rare for me find a breakfast buffet that I actually enjoy.

lazidazi07

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the ideas/opinions!! It really does help. I practically plan my vacation around what you guys say! LoL.
I think we'll go with Whispering Canyon Cafe.
What about 1900 Park Fare? Yay? Nay?

seabee1

I have heard good things about 1900 Park Fare, but I personally have not eaten there. I may be trying it in Oct. next year.

tigsmom

The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL for the all you care to eat skillet! :slurp:

Favorite Character breakfast is Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary.

slappy magoo

Chef Mickey's is fine and dandy, but I think the food is better at the Cape May Buffet.

And the omelette I had at Boatwrights at PO-R was the best omelette I ever ate.

Aurora_25

Thanks everyone for the ideas/opinions!! It really does help. I practically plan my vacation around what you guys say! LoL.
I really liked 1900's when we went. We got to see Mad Hatter and Alice, plus Mary Poppins, Bert, Tigger and Eeyore. The food was pretty good too- all you can eat buffet style.

browniebee

The Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is my favorite breakfast place (and Chef Mickey's if you want a character meal). I always have pancakes but the rest of my family loves the Tonga Toast.

coltow

My Top 5
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Hollywood & Vine (but only if you have little ones)
1900 Park Fare

Captain NoBeard

Actually, our favourite has not yet been listed. We really like the breakfast at Trail's End. It is out of the way for most people, but it is great food, even better price, and the service is incredible. The wait staff really make you feel welcome and relaxed. Great way to start the day.

sleepybear

At the resorts, it would have to be Kona Cafe at the Ploynesian for the Tonga Toast. Your probably won't finish it, but you'll have fun trying.

Inside the parks, I keep it simple. Coffee and pastry at the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. Coffee and pastry at the bakery inside Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. Coffee and 2 pastries at France at Epcot.

mouseynurse

Love 1900 Park Fare. Mostly b/c of the characters. Alice and MH were adorable together!! Having breakfast in the Castle for the 1st in Dec can't wait...any good?

KrazyKowboy

Breakfast for me is usually a sweet roll and a cup of coffee and I'm on my way.

It's a bit different on vacation and travelling with children. A lot of the character breakfasts at the resorts are a great way to start a day and give the kids a close up experiance with their favorite characters. After they're in the parks it's often difficult to slow them down long enough for a sit down family dinner. It's the last thing on their minds.

Chef Mickey's has long been a favorite of mine.

I've got a Donald's Breakfastosaurus booked for Nov.26 and a O'hana friends breakfast with Lilo and Stitch booked on Nov.30.

Also have the 1900 Park Fair Supercalifragilistic breakfast with Mary Poppins and friends booked for the next trip on Feb.20

Each of those wil be "firsts" for us, so I'll report back here as soon as we've done those. I see your trip is upcoming next May. Perhaps the review will be in time for you to decide for your own trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom