Opinions on WDW Swan

MickeyMad

Just booked my next trip and I am soooo excited:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
It's not until March 2007 but can't wait, I am staying on site for the first time. I'm staying at the WDW Swan and was wondering what anyone,who's stayed there,thought of it? Is it far to walk to Epcot from there? What are the resteraunts like? Couldn't think of anyone better to ask than everyone here for the insight.Many thanks.:wave:

Cindyrella

WDW Swan holds special memories for my husband and I because we honymooned there 6 1/2 years ago! It was a great hotel. It was so nice to be able to walk to Epcot and take a short boat ride to MGM. We also enjoyed walking around the boardwalk. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

rjmagic16

I love the Swan, I too have great memories, this is where my Fiance and I starting dating. The Rooms are great, the service is the Disney quality. I love the walk to Epcot not far 10min at the most ( I always get distracted by the other shops on the way there)

You will love it

Upvote 0

Mama&boys

We stayed @ the Swan 2 yrs ago and loved the location. And the beds are dreamy!!!! We loved being able to walk to Epcot and MGM, and the Boardwalk is just right there as well. Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

beagle 1

I have stayed at the Swan twice and you have a made great choice. I will forewarn you...the first time you walk into the reception area of the Swan you will be looking up at the ceiling and all of the decor. This is a very adult orientated resort and is at times used as a convention center.

I would highly recommend Shulas Steakhouse for a nice dinner out and the root beer float at the Dolphin Foutain. Here is a good website about the variety of the restuarants at the Swan. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/SwanDolphin/dining.htm

You can easily walk to Epcot and is about a 10 to 15 minute walk. You will enter Epcot near France in the World Showcase. I would also recommend watching the fireworks from the Boardwalk and exploring the restuarants on the Boardwalk. There is also a mini golf (putt-putt) site within walking distances from the Swan (about 5 minutes).

There is a short boat ride to MGM which is very relaxing.

Hopes this helps. Go Steelers!

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Upvote 0

westie

I've stayed there twice. nice place and location. Great restaurants. The 24 hr. one is great for the westcoasters up late. Nice bars and pools. My only complaint is that if your a drinker, the Swan and Dolphin have extremely long hallways in which to get lost if tipsy!:D

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

one of our forum members, wdwscottieboy, was recently working at the Swan.

add me to the list of those who think the Swan is very nice, indeed.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

Congrats on making your reservations. I know you are going to have a great time :D I have not stayed there...yet, but I am glad to see some many loved it. I am going to Disney twice this year, but in 07 I am seriously thinking of staying at the Swan.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we have also been considering the dolphin or swan (we can use our sheraton points for a free stay), but we are wondering what they are like for christmas? we really want to stay at akl, but if we can stay at the dolphin or swan for free, then we can stay longer. :sohappy: please let us know what you think

thanks,

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

MickeyMad

Original Poster
nsxdrift_89 said:
Is it true that you don't get the key to the world type card, and privilages, or is it the same?

Do you get Extra Magic Hours staying at Swan or Dolphin?

Thanks

That's a good question. :veryconfu When I booked I chose the 14 day Ultimate Ticket and as far as I am aware we do have all the same benefits ie:EMH's, etc. and that is what the booking agent told us. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
nsxdrift_89 said:
Is it true that you don't get the key to the world type card, and privilages, or is it the same?

Do you get Extra Magic Hours staying at Swan or Dolphin?

Thanks

Yes you get the EMH.

Have a look at http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts_swan.htm for lots of info and photos :)

There is also a special WDWMAGIC rate at the Swan, for $189 per night. That's a great deal for this hotel!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
tracyandalex said:
we have also been considering the dolphin or swan (we can use our sheraton points for a free stay), but we are wondering what they are like for christmas? we really want to stay at akl, but if we can stay at the dolphin or swan for free, then we can stay longer. :sohappy: please let us know what you think

thanks,

tracy & alex

Go here http://www.wdwmagic.com/xmas.htm and scroll all the way down for some photos from the Swan and Dolphin over Christmas. :)

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

tracyandalex said:

thanks,

tracy & alex

The Swan/Dolphin put on some of the absolute best Christmas traditions and events, putting all Disney Resorts to shame. Each night, in the lobby, they do a huge laser light tree lighting ceremony that was high energy and festive. Santa and elves, even sometimes Mrs. Claus, are on hand almost every night in December. There are great children programs with Christmas flair almost daily.

It was nice b/c there always seemed to be something going on daily during the month of December here, even after Christmas had passed. Contrary, Disney Resorts usually only have special Christmas offerings on Christmas Eve, even at the high end Deluxe Resorts. As great as the Disney Resort Christmas decorations are, the Swan/Dolphin Cast does a much better job at getting Guests involved during the Christmas season. That link Steve posted is very good for what these Resorts offer.

My sister and I regularly found ourselves leaving Yacht Club and going to the Dolphin for a lot of their programs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom