Opinions on Steakhouses...

akmr01

Original Poster
Which is best:

Shula's Steakhouse

Or

Yachtsman's

Or is there another steakhouse I'm missing that is better than these?

nepalostparks

Haven't eaten at Shula's, but we did have a wonderful meal at Yachtsman on our last visit. I'm not a steak eater, but my partner is, and it's hard to please him when it comes to steak. He said it was one of the best steaks he ever had... and continued to hold that opinion even after we ate at Le Cellier later in the week (he said the steak there was a close second).

zurgandfriend

We (family, not mouse in pocket) have eaten at Shula's and the Yachtsman. We enjoyed both very much.

IMHO Shula's is better, more expensive but better. DW does not like Shula's as much as Yachtsman as she feels Shula's is too "butch," where as DS enjoys Shula's because it is a GUY place.
Again IMHO I would put Le Cellier behind both of these. We have also enjoyed steaks at Jiko's and the California Grille.

nepalostparks

Do these places age their beef?

From Disney's website, see bolded:

Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney's Yacht Club Resort is a dinner restaurant boasting high-grade steaks, succulent seafood, free-range chicken and juicy lamb dishes. The menu is rounded out with innovative children's choices for a satisfying family dining experience.

A New England theme is the backdrop for this classic steakhouse where you can discover seasonal flavors every time you dine! Serving the best in quality, aged, grain-fed beef from the open kitchen that features a butchering room where the steaks are hand-cut, the chef has paired unique accompaniments with each entrée, and the sommelier offers a wide selection of wines from both new- and old-world regions on the award-winning list.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse takes special care of children's tastes with a menu that sports finger-licking grilled chicken strips, baked fish, pasta and grilled sirloin steak.

For the finale, let the elegant dessert tray tempt you with crème brulee with rolled chocolate and fresh berries or seasonally inspired desserts.
Watch chefs prepare your meal in the open kitchen as you relax in leather seats amongst gleaming brass and polished woodwork beneath knotty-pine beams. This Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts restaurant is a top-deck experience for the entire family!

From the Shula website:

Our custom center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef® accompanied by our aging process make up the award winning SHULA CUTS, which are the best beef money can buy.

Phonedave

Phonedave - trust me? Next time you go - hit Shula's :) If I'm wrong, I'll spring for the cheesecake - and you have GOT to try that, if you have any room left at all after dinner :) Shula's, you see, sizes everything for LineBackers :)

I don't know.

I eat at Morton's when I want to splurge and do the whole "Steakhouse Thing"

While I am one who usually enjoys human sized portions, the whole Morton's experience throws that right out the window. I am a little spoiled over here - double cut Porterhouse's are just crazy :)

Ah, I see Shulas has a 48 oz Porterhouse as well. This may be a case of apples to apples.

-dave

828tnt

count me in for shula's. great steak menu and great environment. as some have mentioned, it can be a bit pricey. the comparison to morton's is, i believe, what shula's is aiming for. (i believe morton's is a notch or two better)

i do like the yachtsman too, it has more of a disney feel. i've found the theming and service to be a touch better.....

great choices either way! enjoy!

chwilson88

Agree with the above...as a side question, I always struggle when traveling with the choice of the following three mainstream prime steakhouses.....

Mortons

Flemings

Ruth's Chris

Any clear winner for any particular reason...or is it just me that these three are very very close in quality?

Phonedave

Agree with the above...as a side question, I always struggle when traveling with the choice of the following three mainstream prime steakhouses.....

Mortons

Flemings

Ruth's Chris

Any clear winner for any particular reason...or is it just me that these three are very very close in quality?

Flemings has hangar steak. It gets my vote for that reason alone :)

-dave

828tnt

Mortons

Flemings

Ruth's Chris

i had a "not so good" experience at ruth's chris before, so i'm not a huge fan. never been to flemmings though.

Phonedave

i had a "not so good" experience at ruth's chris before, so i'm not a huge fan. never been to flemmings though.

I like Flemmings. Good steaks in normal sized portions. It is still a lot of food, but it is not a LOT of food.

Once in a while I will eat a huge meal, but I would much rather eat sensibly and stay in shape.

-dave

828tnt

I like Flemmings. Good steaks in normal sized portions. It is still a lot of food, but it is not a LOT of food.

Once in a while I will eat a huge meal, but I would much rather eat sensibly and stay in shape.

-dave

thanks for the info- i'll have to look for a flemmings in my travels. i agree with the sensible diet, vacations tend to be when i indulge...lol (unfortunately).

on a somewhat similar note, disney could maybe do better with gym resources. i could be wrong, but it seems only available at dvc. i run about 15 miles a week + hit the gym at least every other day, and hate to disrupt my routine too much. we almost always stay at a dvc spot so no biggie to us, but i'm now waaaay off topic....

828tnt

Hope the Yachtsman is good going in Oct. Menu looks good.

i think you'll enjoy it. i thought the service was excellent, although that doesn't always mean it will be next time. the menu is good, and you even get to walk past a display room of meats- looks much better than it sounds lol. not sure if you can pick your own cut or not.....

enjoy!!

Phonedave

thanks for the info- i'll have to look for a flemmings in my travels. i agree with the sensible diet, vacations tend to be when i indulge...lol (unfortunately).

on a somewhat similar note, disney could maybe do better with gym resources. i could be wrong, but it seems only available at dvc. i run about 15 miles a week + hit the gym at least every other day, and hate to disrupt my routine too much. we almost always stay at a dvc spot so no biggie to us, but i'm now waaaay off topic....

I know the feeling.

I tend not to hit the gym all that much (once in a good week), but I am currently running 20 miles a week ( 3, 5, 3, and 9) - it all just seems to go to the wayside when I am on vacation.

DVC has nice gym's - other places, not so much.

The need to put one near a steakhouse.

Right now the running joke is that my brother is going to take me to Whispering Canyon Cafe and I will pound milkshakes before I go run in the F&W half marathon (its a 10:00 PM start). Sounds like a plan to me.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom