News Operating hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios adjusted for January 2020 including a return of evening EMH

I am going to be staying at the Grand Floridian next Monday and Tuesday. Disney's web site says that the bus system begins 45 min before park opening so that would be 6:15am next Tuesday. If I wanted to get to the park earlier than that can Uber get though the Hollywood parking gates at say 5:30am to drop you off in front of the entrance gate?

ToTBellHop

I am going to be staying at the Grand Floridian next Monday and Tuesday. Disney's web site says that the bus system begins 45 min before park opening so that would be 6:15am next Tuesday. If I wanted to get to the park earlier than that can Uber get though the Hollywood parking gates at say 5:30am to drop you off in front of the entrance gate?
Yes they can.

n2hifi

We'll be in HS on 1/15 and I've been wondering how in the world I can get us all up and out by 7am. It takes my 9 year old a full 30 minutes to put her shoes on most mornings lololol
All about motivation. It takes my wife 2 hours to get my 9 and 11 DD's ready for school. It takes me 25 minutes. Of course I promise and then take them to get donuts. They move pretty fast on their own when Mickey Mouse is involved though. I don't recall having issues when we are on property.

P.S. it's on rare occasions I have to get them up. I'm usually at work when they get up so it's a special occasion. They usually have to talk me into it the night before too.

iowamomof4

With MMRR opening in March, I just can't see why they would return to morning emh or even how they COULD. Just as things possibly begin to settle with ROTR (though judging by the continued popularity of FOP, "settle" might be relative), a brand new ride will open and throw park ops into a tizzy again.

We have our next trip planned for the last week of April and I'm stumped about planning our days. Feels like we ought to just plan to be at DHS each morning at 5 and then see what else we can accomplish later in the day at other parks. 😴🥴

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Extended again. 7 am open Christmas week goes to 6 am 12/26 through end of year.

New hours...

1576301475191.png

relic827

Should I realistically expect the 8am opening on January 10 (the day I’ll be at DHS) to stick? Think they’ll be trying to dial back the early openings by then?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

So not aimed at you or the useless Disney statements but

I don’t get the fake opening hours. Why? We were just down there for a week and not once was the park hours accurate or match up with Disney transportation. It is giving locals and those who don’t rely on Disney for transportation to their parks the upper edge.

My son opted to Uber to an Epcot resort in the middle of the night and walk to the Studios. All were admitted resort guests or not more than an hour before stated opening and still group #19. I don’t grasp the park hour deception. What is the greater good in having slots all filled prior to official park opening?
Does Disneybelieve that this is creating good will with resort guests? CAUSE IT IS NOT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I don’t get the fake opening hours. Why? We were just down there for a week and not once was the park hours accurate or match up with Disney transportation. It is giving locals and those who don’t rely on Disney for transportation to their parks the upper edge.

My son opted to Uber to an Epcot resort in the middle of the night and walk to the Studios. All were admitted resort guests or not more than an hour before stated opening and still group #19. I don’t grasp the park hour deception. What is the greater good in having slots all filled prior to official park opening?
Does Disneybelieve that this is creating good will with resort guests? CAUSE IT IS NOT.

Because Ops doesn't want a crush of people that they're not controlling. They don't want fist fights over cutters. They don't want the headline that someone had a heart attack and EMTs couldn't reach them. They don't want disgruntled guests. They don't want them in a place they can't purchase stuff.

So, when there's enough guests (and staff) they open. They assume this will be temporary and go back to only opening 30-45 minutes early for a popular ride/park/land rather then the current 1.5-2 hour surprise early opening.

Also, if they opened exactly on time, they couldn't get everyone in for at least the next 90 minutes. Same reason guests for a 7pm party night can start coming in at 4pm.

ToTBellHop

Because Ops doesn't want a crush of people that they're not controlling. They don't want fist fights over cutters. They don't want the headline that someone had a heart attack and EMTs couldn't reach them. They don't want disgruntled guests. They don't want them in a place they can't purchase stuff.

So, when there's enough guests (and staff) they open. They assume this will be temporary and go back to only opening 30-45 minutes early for a popular ride/park/land rather then the current 1.5-2 hour surprise early opening.

Also, if they opened exactly on time, they couldn't get everyone in for at least the next 90 minutes. Same reason guests for a 7pm party night can start coming in at 4pm.
They’ve more recently been opening 30-40 minutes early anyway, completely in line with Pandora, which seems appropriate.

eliza61nyc

What's the alternative??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom