Opening

Club Cooloholic

Re: Repost from one of my responses to another post

I just received an email from Disney offering a free dining plan with stays starting June 1. I am thinking they are fairly certain that they will be open by then. I cannot take advantage of it because I have an AP. :rolleyes: However, this might be good news for me since I have a reservation in early June and another in mid-July. :D

View attachment 459328
Well, you can't really take much stock in any of this as the company has no extra insight into how this virus is going to go vs the rest of us.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They’ll lift the restriction. They need Florida residents in economic struggles...

You’re on deck.

I’m having a hard time taking comments like “reasonable” from anyone but infectious disease experts these days

I tend to agree...because that could be in the “second wave”...which will really scare the bejesus out of their lawyers and PR people
OP asked for an opinion. I gave mine. You do not have to like it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean, to be honest, I'm sure that many people giving their opinions on the coronavirus either watch a lot of cable news so they are now experts OR they work for the CDC. No need to feel any shame at all.
...i tend to be sarcastic 😉

My point was that poster saying “I think its a reasonable time...” translates to: “I WANT MY DISNEY!!!” (Opinion...I pointed out - correctly at that time - that a lot of the early commentary two or three weeks ago was colored by Disney fandom...not common sense based)

No issues at all

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

I dont know if that is irony or if it is actually real but I was just wondering if that is actually the realBobChapek in that post upthread or if we are all just to assume it is a joke. Strange that the Disney CEO would post here but I thought I would ask.

As for the original question, April 19th is the target date although that could be pushed back. If the infected cases are on the decline in the US by then it could be a different story. On the plus side Florida has sort of flatlined the last I saw when it came to infected cases. Either way, the weather is getting warmer, which will only hurt the virus (a good thing) and you cannot keep the country going like this because a Great Depression will cost a lot of lives as well.

European1992

I dont know if that is irony or if it is actually real but I was just wondering if that is actually the realBobChapek in that post upthread or if we are all just to assume it is a joke. Strange that the Disney CEO would post here but I thought I would ask.

As for the original question, April 19th is the target date although that could be pushed back. If the infected cases are on the decline in the US by then it could be a different story. On the plus side Florida has sort of flatlined the last I saw when it came to infected cases. Either way, the weather is getting warmer, which will only hurt the virus (a good thing) and you cannot keep the country going like this because a Great Depression will cost a lot of lives as well.

It is more probable that the parks stay closed until the end of the year than to be open in 19 days.

Pepper's Ghost

I mean, to be honest, I'm sure that many people giving their opinions on the coronavirus either watch a lot of cable news so they are now experts OR they work for the CDC. No need to feel any shame at all.

So, you realize that without forum members opinions, there's no reason to have any members, or a forum at all, right? All forums like this one are meant to share opinions. Probably need to get off your high horse.

Phil - You've been on these boards a long time. You have to know it's a parody, bud. So let me assume that you're questioning if we're all just being punked by the actual Bob Chapek, I'd suggest to go back and read many of his posts. If the actual Bob Chapek posted any of that stuff, he would need to be fired (he probably needs to anyway). 🤣 The way @realBobChapek has behaved on these boards, it'd be like Ozzy Osbourne being elected Pope. 🤪

Edit: minor grammatical edit due to stupidity.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I dont think there is an answer to this question. Everything is a big question mark right now. Even if Disney opened tomorrow - I doubt they would get a big crowd. People are afraid to leave their homes - I dont think they would even consider Disney. A real melting pot.

In my opinion, if WDW announced a day in advance that its open THE PLACE WOULD BE MOBBED just like it was on the last day before it closed..

EOD K9

In my opinion, if WDW announced a day in advance that its open THE PLACE WOULD BE MOBBED just like it was on the last day before it closed..
1585668422724.jpeg

The Tuna

A lot of things are already being canceled up to and including July 1 to avoid having people gather in groups. kids sports for the summer? Forget it. The US response to this pandemic has been and still is scary. A chief Medical Officer of Health has canceled their WDW trip planned for late August because the US is so far behind in their response to this. I think the best-case scenario is things get under control this summer, June, July, August ish and once that has happened life can return to a bit of normality. However, as soon as the borders are opened back up an influx of people from outside will come in and the disease will spread in the same manner it did. If countries around the world are smart they will keep their borders closed to international travelers for the rest of 2020. That will contain it a lot more.

The second wave of this virus will hit right when cold and flu season hits overwhelming hospitals again unless we can stay in place as much as possible. Interstate travel should be banned as well except for the movement of goods. That will contain outbreaks to that state where supplies can be funneled from across the country or world.

The good news is the world will have more masks and other PPE as well as ventilators that won't need to be rationed. We should also have more information on current drugs which may slow or control the disease until we have a vaccine. we have 12-18 months of social distancing in some form but if we go back to the way we lived our lives last year we will be back locked in our houses again for another few months. Governments have to find a delicate balancing act between not letting everyone go broke and keeping people safe.

Human innovation always finds a way and I believe we will see treatments and an increase in supplies and drugs that control this though and the current 12-18 month timeline for a vaccine could be reduced or make the virus less of a concern since we might be able to control it. We always find a way to get around things like this or peak oil before that. Predictions can only be made on what we know today but invariably we always find a solution of sorts for things. Especially when a virus like this affects everyone, rich or poor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom