Opening

TrainsOfDisney

As of now, when do you think the parks will reopen?

If I had to guess.... best case is some of the propert like hotels and springs start opening back up around Memorial Day. Somewhere between Memorial Day and July 4th at least MK May open up. We MIGHT see MK and 1 other park open by July 4th.... maybe 3? That seems like wishful thinking to be honest.

Rosanne

I dont think there is an answer to this question. Everything is a big question mark right now. Even if Disney opened tomorrow - I doubt they would get a big crowd. People are afraid to leave their homes - I dont think they would even consider Disney. A real melting pot.

My guess is no earlier than august. But...could be mid april early may on a very, very limited basis. Sorta like the adage, better to be judged by 6 than carried by 6, Disney will take the risk of a limited opening because irs more destructive keeping the park closed both financially to everyone plus America needs a morale boost. America is not like China where citizens bow down to martial law.

Hcalvert

Re: Repost from one of my responses to another post

I just received an email from Disney offering a free dining plan with stays starting June 1. I am thinking they are fairly certain that they will be open by then. I cannot take advantage of it because I have an AP. :rolleyes: However, this might be good news for me since I have a reservation in early June and another in mid-July. :D

1585466909115.png

Last edited:

Rosanne

I wonder what they will do about resident season passholders. I am still paying monthly and I will be blocked this summer. Its looking like I wont be at Disney again until September.

disney4life2008

I wonder what they will do about resident season passholders. I am still paying monthly and I will be blocked this summer. Its looking like I wont be at Disney again until September.

They will likely extend all passes each month closed then add a free month to appease.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
May 31st/June 1st.
It makes sense to me.
Its a very reasonable amount of time to let things start to settle down.
Plus the Gov said people from certain areas will have to do a 14 day isolation if they come prior to June 1st via plane so that would put a damper on Disney opening earlier than that.

HOWEVER I could also see them opening sooner but just not taking NEW reservations and blocking out AP's and offsite guests until the end of May/First of June.
This would be a good way to open in phases.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’ll lift the restriction. They need Florida residents in economic struggles...

You’re on deck.
May 31st/June 1st.
It makes sense to me.
Its a very reasonable amount of time to let things start to settle down.
Plus the Gov said people from certain areas will have to do a 14 day isolation if they come prior to June 1st via plane so that would put a damper on Disney opening earlier than that.

HOWEVER I could also see them opening sooner but just not taking NEW reservations and blocking out AP's and offsite guests until the end of May/First of June.
This would be a good way to open in phases.
I’m having a hard time taking comments like “reasonable” from anyone but infectious disease experts these days
I say that there is almost zero chance of Disney opening on June 1st.
I tend to agree...because that could be in the “second wave”...which will really scare the bejesus out of their lawyers and PR people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom