Opening day for Star Wars weekends 2005.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
In a word crazy!!!!!
The number of guests that showed up surprised everyone including the cast members at Disney. But in typical Disney fashion the cast members stepped up to the plate and handled it very well. The line to get the limited edition merchandise which included the pins, coins and the coveted Darth Mickey was 4 ½ hours long and yes as any other obsessed Disney/Star Wars fan would do I waited in it to get my Darth Mickey. Tattoine Traders had to be closed off to all but the guests in line and those exiting Star Tours. Surprisingly none of the other guests were the least bit upset about the long wait. We all made the best of it took turns making bathroom trips and water runs, told stories and had a really great time. Both of the celebrities Daniel Logan and John Goodson were very personable, kind ad really took some time to speak with each guest. To sum up a really great day. The cast members at MGM did a great job of handling what easily could have been an out of control situation. Hats off to you guys and gals and thanks for a great day.

Computer Magic

Has this the busiest Star Wars Weekend ever? Is this what we can expect over the next few weekends?
Any tips that can help us first timers visiting Star Wars Weekend.

rainfully

I'm sure with the movie opening up just this weekend it really added to the excitement of the event. I went one day last year, and the place was practically a wasteland!

I just checked ebay... Darth Mickey is already selling for nearly $50!

Number_6

I was there yesterday, but couldn't wait 3+ hours in line to go into Tatooine Traders, because I was going to have to make sure I had time to get back to the house and pick the kids up from school. I was able to get myself some stuff from that small shop between Sounds Dangerous and the ABC Soundstage or whatever it is. I got a hat, two shirts, two of the Opening Day pins, two of the SW Weekends logo pins, a Gold SW Weekends coin, and the LE 500 large pin set of the five SW Weekends logos. I bought my Darth Mickey for $30 off of ebay, feeling that was a reasonable exchange for not having to wait a few hours.

AliciaLuvzDizne

rainfully said:
I'm sure with the movie opening up just this weekend it really added to the excitement of the event. I went one day last year, and the place was practically a wasteland!

I just checked ebay... Darth Mickey is already selling for nearly $50!
buy it now prices are 119
i was thinking about it until i saw the price! he's cute!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
tk421-sw said:
Will be there tommorw!
I’ll be there tomorrow as well. I will put up a report as soon as I get back to Jacksonville. I am hoping that opening day was a fluke. I have been there in the past and the crowds were nothing like they were on Friday.

mhead

Why in the world would anyone pay that or wait in line that long for the mickey when there will be PLENTY and the will be there every weekend?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
mhead said:
Why in the world would anyone pay that or wait in line that long for the mickey when there will be PLENTY and the will be there every weekend?
All of the items that you had to wait in line for were limited edition merchandise. The cast members estimated that all LE merchandise would be sold out before day 1 was over.

Computer Magic

Master Yoda said:
All of the items that you had to wait in line for were limited edition merchandise. The cast members estimated that all LE merchandise would be sold out before day 1 was over.
Well, I hope that is the reason for such a large crowd to buy the LE merchandise.

The down side is if all LE was placed out to be sold the first day. It would be nice if they put so many out LE each day for everyone to have a chance.

Slipknot

Master Yoda, where were the Rebel and Empire stations in the park? Oh and did you get your Empire symbol T-shirt at Hot Topic? If so, I'll know what to look out for since I have the same shirt.

mhead

Yeah they said the same thing last year and there was plenty of the Jedi Mickeys each weekend. The coins sold out last year the first weekend so what happened? More coins were made in different colors with larger runs. Believe me they will not let EVERYTHING sell out. Some of the pin sets and really high end stuff maybe but the others will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom