Opening day for Star Wars weekends 2005.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
They definetely would not sell all the LE merchandise in one day. Simple reason why: they advertised it for four weekends. People would go insane if they came down next weekend and had no chance of getting anything.

Computer Magic

Thrawn said:
They definetely would not sell all the LE merchandise in one day. Simple reason why: they advertised it for four weekends. People would go insane if they came down next weekend and had no chance of getting anything.
That was my thought.

MissM

Thrawn said:
But they do. I went last year and they had been sold out for two weeks on certain limited edition items. In fact, I overheard someone ask about an item and a CM actually laughed at the notion of still having it in stock. They never guarentee limited items. Same with Flower and Garden Festival pins. Certain ones sell out the first day of the event. They suppliment it by offering new ones each week in addition, but the main one always goes in the first day.

Trust me, Disney will and does sell all the LE items - especially pins - right on day one if people are willing to buy them. It's not fair, but it's how it always works.
-m

edit: Oh and for those wanting to see the pin releases for it, go here.

mhead

I was there at the last weekend last year and was able to get all of the LE items with teh exception of the coin set.

Chux

We were there for like the middle of it last year, got to go to two of the weekends, and there was no shortage of Jedi Mickey. That being said, if anybody gets their hands on an extra Darth Mickey, I'd love to buy it from them.

Ringo8n24

Chux said:
We were there for like the middle of it last year, got to go to two of the weekends, and there was no shortage of Jedi Mickey. That being said, if anybody gets their hands on an extra Darth Mickey, I'd love to buy it from them.

There are a few on Ebay right now already. Bidding on these is getting pretty steep for some. They are so cute. I wish I had one, but I am not paying what some of those bids are.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday was a little calmer than Friday but not by much. Some LE merchandise was still available but the lines I witnessed were about 1 to 2 hours long. One of our forum members got in line about 2:00 pm so hopefully we will hear from him as to wait times and availability of items.

KevinPage

I wouldn't wait in a 2 hour line to meet anyone in the world, let alone buy merchandise.

Let's see the price of this beenie baby in 1-2 years, you could probably give it away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
KevinPage said:
I wouldn't wait in a 2 hour line to meet anyone in the world, let alone buy merchandise.

Let's see the price of this beenie baby in 1-2 years, you could probably give it away. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are more than likely correct, however I did wait 4-1/2 hours on opening day to get mine. :hammer:

Disneyfan1981

Chux said:

I arrived on my honeymoon on the last weekend with no Jedi Mickey to be found. I asked a CM at Tatooine Trader and he told me "Man, that's been gone for awhile now." I know Disney has reissued Jedi Mickey without the embrodered logo on the foot but man, I wish I had gotten the LE. I'm surprised Darth Mickey is going for as much as he is, must be the fury of the film shooting prices up right now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom