Opening date changed?

Logan L

Original Poster
Based on Disney Springs opening fully on May 29, does a early to mid June opening date sound reasonable for at least the Magic Kingdom?

nickys

Premium Member
Based on Disney Springs opening fully on May 29, does a early to mid June opening date sound reasonable for at least the Magic Kingdom?

My guess is some resorts, including DVC, will open by mid June. And then MK sometime after that. So possibly mid to late June; I think the suggestion of July 5th is still a good proposition.

TK294

My guess is some resorts, including DVC, will open by mid June. And then MK sometime after that. So possibly mid to late June; I think the suggestion of July 5th is still a good proposition.
We have reservations for July 13th at BLT. It would be really nice if things start getting back to normal so we can leave Flu Jersey and visit with family and friends.

Kman101

I can't see them opening the theme parks on or near July 4th. It will be after, IMHO. I'd guess we see them open mid July. But who knows? Early June seems too soon but who knows? It took Shanghai two months from partially opening Disneytown to opening their theme park. I'd expect similar timelines, JMO. I was right about them wanting Disney Springs open by Memorial Day ... lol. Here we are. My gut has always said July for the parks.

Ragerunner

I have heard that Disney might try to open a water park before a theme park? I have heard a few reports that highly chlorinated water is tough on the virus.
Anyone else hear anything along this line?

thomas998

No I've heard the opposite. Focus is on Disney Springs, a resort or two, and MK.
I expect they will wait and see the impact of Shanghai Disney being opened before they really start thinking about a MK date. Disney Springs is really nothing more than a shopping center and restaurants, you would expect it to open before anything else... though given the Disney pricing on many things there I can't see it being overly crowded with locals.

And while the MK may be the park they want to open first, the water parks would be the safest ones to open as they would even be safer than the beaches in Florida given the amount of chlorine in the water and wafting through the air.

JIMINYCR

They are certainly going to be watching the responses of Shanghai operating policies very closely but they are also going to be watching the impact of cases from limited business re-openings in FL and other states. As more people frequent restaurants, outlets and other areas without flare ups of virus cases, they will feel free to take more chances of opening more sites than thought of before. If a smaller park in another state opened as a test case, Disney would be happy to watch their results.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s worth remembering there isn’t - and hasn’t been - a public “opening date” for a park yet.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I had seen one analyst predicting that Disney might only allow you into the MK on specific days of your trip or something like that to keep the capacity low. Also Bob Iger wouldn't comment on the validity of having to sign a waiver form before entering a park either but if it would get me in there I'd do it in a heartbeat. I deliver to hospitals and tons of businesses every day and I'm literally not worried a single bit about getting it and just want to go back to my favorite place. My May trip has already bit the dust this year and I will be surprised if my October trip even happens at this point. I can honestly say that I don't know how much actual "fun" it could be watching people walking around in masks like it's some kind of post apocalyptic zombie film anyway. I go to Disneyworld to forget not to remember. There are probably gonna be tons of things change though that were really mundane but things that Disney has to think about. One article was talking about how they would have to adjust attractions like Toy Story and Philharmagic to start having totally disposable 3d glasses and the pre attraction waiting areas like at the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror and Philharmagic again. Even if the parks are at low capacity I could still see longer wait times just because of how long it will take to get guests from the waiting areas to the actual ride and then once they get on the rides they will have to have ways to spread out as well. Or theater shows that won't be able to operate at capacity. Man this crap is annoying.

Giss Neric

It’s worth remembering there isn’t - and hasn’t been - a public “opening date” for a park yet.
Shanghai Disneyland is opening today. I'm curious to see how things will be handled by CMs and guests in the next couple of weeks. I hope it's a success cause that would expedite openings on the remaining parks around the world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Shanghai Disneyland is opening today. I'm curious to see how things will be handled by CMs and guests in the next couple of weeks. I hope it's a success cause that would expedite openings on the remaining parks around the world.
As I’m sure you know, Anaheim is closed until at least July. Orlando possibly the same. Paris mid July. Shanghai is also a world away culturally from western parks. You can compare, but don’t draw too much.

Polkadotdress

There are probably gonna be tons of things change though that were really mundane but things that Disney has to think about. One article was talking about how they would have to adjust attractions like Toy Story and Philharmagic to start having totally disposable 3d glasses ...

You do realize that the glasses are sanitized as per safety standards after every guest use? So why would they need to convert to disposable glasses?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom