Only you all would understand...

jhastings74

Original Poster
Okay, I have to vent....

My wife, kids and I just moved to Texas last month after living an hour away from WDW for 8 years. I was a Cast Member part time (weekends) for 6 months up until we left (mainly just to get the discounts and perks!). I just found out that the w-h-o-l-e rest of my family had been planning a surprise mini-reunion at Disney next week. (They all live up north in New England). They were going to come down and surprise us with a four-night stay at the parks, where we could all visit, spend all day in the parks, stay on propert (Caribbean Beach)...etc. :eek:

Apparently they weren't going to tell us about it once they found out we were moving, but because everything had already been paid for, everyone else is still going (which they should).

I am SOOO jealous!!!! (That's really what I'm venting about...lol...)

Has this happened to anyone else, where the rest of your family or friends were all going and were going to take care of all the expenses, but something happened and you couldn't go????:brick: Or at the very least, you had plans to go with a group of people, but something came up and you couldn't go but everyone else could....and then you spent the time when they were all at the parks thinking about how YOU should be at the parks, too, instead of concentrating on what you were actually doing?

Ugh.....to know that next week I could have spent the week at WDW!!

Okay. Whew. Thanks for hearing me out...I'd be lying if I said I felt better now, though...LOL...

You guys are the best.

(just don't tell me you're reading this while at WDW....lol...)

star77kc

Aww man...that really sucks. Ive only lived in California and in Florida so I dont know what Id do do if I lived so far away from the parks. Too bad there isnt a way for you to fly down for at least a couple days....:0( Maybe you could start planning a trip for your family to make yourself feel better!!

ttalovebug

I live less than two hours away. However, I always seem to be unable to make it when something exciting or out of the ordinary is going on. When E:E had its grand opening, there was a particular star who was going to be there that I was so upset about missing. A few days later, I see pictures of the event online and find that there were about two dozen more people there that I would have loved to see! That always happens to me.

But I feel for you, man. The feeling of wanting to be at WDW when you can't be is sometimes overwhelmingly horrible.

Kelsybelle

I've had to endure being stuck at home while my sister's in laws took that whole side of the family on an all expenses paid trip to WDW! They stayed at the Polynesian, where it was 8 days of fun in the sun and 8 days of me trying to figure out what they were doing every moment of everyday...:brick:
It is complete torture, I know but WDW will always be there and you'll get back there again! :)

gbruenin

Happens all the time to me. I just found out that a large group of people are at the parks again today, and I'm here at home missing the fun. I think its happening again tomorrow. I'll miss out again. UGH! If only there was a way to fix this...............................................:animwink:

Gary

Bug715

That sucks! I have friends from my College Program who are still there and make sure they text me when they are in the parks. It makes me want to be there soooo bad but it gets me really excited for my next trip.

dazzer68

at least your in the same country. try living in england where you can only go to wdw, when everyone else wants to go in the family. id go every year but the rest of my family want to see the rest of the world!? what else is there? beach mountians sea ? wdw has so much more to offer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom