Only A Disney Resort Please.....!!!!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
I only want to stay at a Disney Resort when I go to Disney. I'm not talking about the chain hotels that are on Disney property near Downtown Disney... but instead a real bonifide Disney run Resort. DVC's included.

Any Questions?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I only want to stay at a Disney Resort when I go to Disney. I'm not talking about the chain hotels that are on Disney property near Downtown Disney... but instead a real bonifide Disney run Resort. DVC's included.

Any Questions?

Yes. Why didnt you just put this in your signature and save everybody the trouble of wondering why you would create a thread for this?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I understand what you are saying, I prefer a Disney resort also, however sometimes circumstances arise where this cannot happen.

I make the best of it anyway. :wave:

justducky78

Any Questions?

The OP is just stating the obvious...give him/her a break! I think almost every Disney fan would agree that Disney resorts are the only way to go, if one can afford it. We spend almost as much time at the resort(s) as in the parks, when we visit, so picking the right resort is very important to us.

By the way...I swear I've driven behind your car at some point (your plate looks familiar)!

JeffC

I certainly agree, however, don't put down the "Downtown Disney Resorts" (Hilton, Grosvernor, etc) as they are extremely affordable and have many benefits. They also have their own bus transportation and are walking distance to Downtown Disney and the transportation options from this venue, as well.
I enjoy The Grosvernor (sp?) when it's just me and the misses because we spend so much time at PI.

BUT, that said, my favorite is the Poly and I also stay there when the finances can afford it...

dazzer68

i understand what the posters saying, it just wasnt very correctly put!
they started off with an answer rather than the question.
yes for me disney property everytime! it all part of the magic and the show.

joshwill

I certainly agree, however, don't put down the "Downtown Disney Resorts" (Hilton, Grosvernor, etc) as they are extremely affordable and have many benefits. They also have their own bus transportation and are walking distance to Downtown Disney and the transportation options from this venue, as well.
I enjoy The Grosvernor (sp?) when it's just me and the misses because we spend so much time at PI.

BUT, that said, my favorite is the Poly and I also stay there when the finances can afford it...

extremely affordable....BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

when compared to what?

no hotel on disney property is extremely affordable for the average vacationer. but i still stay there anyway.at least at the value resorts whaic are somewhat afforable when using a florida resident or passholder discount.

DisneyMusician2

Try the Carribean Beach. May not be the all-out best one in terms of location and accessibility, but I love the theme and the background music at the resort. It's fun! Has the best food court also.

JeffC

extremely affordable....BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

when compared to what?

no hotel on disney property is extremely affordable for the average vacationer. but i still stay there anyway.at least at the value resorts whaic are somewhat afforable when using a florida resident or passholder discount.

I would say $79 a night pretty affordable, which is what we got a few years ago in January.
By your post, I take it you're pretty partial to motel 6, eh Tom?:animwink:

mousebymarriage

Stayed both onsite and off and I definately prefer onsite. However, finances only allow us to stay at the value resorts because we need 2 rooms due to DH snoring. The kids cannot sleep in the same room with DH because his snoring keeps them awake which makes a miserable trip for all. If we could afford it I would LOVE to stay in Poly or AKL but, I'm just happy we can afford to go, where ever we stay is O.K.

joshwill

had you read my post in full, you would have noticed where i said that i stay at the value resorts.

for the record, ive never stayed at a motel 6. the cheapest motel id ever stayed at when going to wdw is the travelodge main gate. since 2001, ive only stayed on property at the all stars and once at pop.

$79 is affordable for me, yes, but "extremely affordable"? no.

frank4369

I usually spend little time at the resort, spending as much time as possible in the parks. I'm not a sit by the pool person, at least not when I go to WDW. For that reason I usually stay at the value resorts, which are really neatly themed, and doesn't have that "value" feeling to it. They don't feel bottom rung at all.

This year we're staying at Boardwalk, as my mother is coming along and the hike for the transportation is a little too much for her when staying at the value places. The value resorts are perfect if you just need a place to shower and sleep.

MJMcBride

I assume by this thread we're bashing Disney decision to allow the 4 seasons on property. I don't mind that so much considering we've had outside chains on the property before even Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom