Only 7 Days of Fastpasses???

sbkline

Original Poster
We are going for 10 nights, from checking in May 24 and checking out and leaving on June 3. We have 7 day basic tickets, plus possibly going into the parks after supper on our two "non-park" days. For those two days, I made fastpasses for the parks we would probably go to, but then when I got on the "my disney experience" app this morning to make fastpasses for June 1 (our second to the last day), it said I had reached my limit for fastpasses. I had already made fastpasses for our first 5 full park days, plus the two "non park" days where we may go into the parks after supper that night. Are we only allowed 7 days of fastpasses at a time, or does it know that we only have 7 day passes, so I am only allowed that many days of fastpasses?

I only made 7 day passes because I did not want to pay the extra two days if it is not for certain that we will go into the parks. And even if we do, my wife may prefer to take the baby back to the condo while me and the other two kids do the park. So I thought I would add those two days once we know if, or who, is going into the parks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We are going for 10 nights, from checking in May 24 and checking out and leaving on June 3. We have 7 day basic tickets, plus possibly going into the parks after supper on our two "non-park" days
Slightly confused here -

As I read this you're at Disney for 10 days, and you have park tickets for 7 days. How were you planning to go into the parks for supper (on "non park" days) if you haven't got tickets ? Or am I not reading it correctly ?

BrianV

Slightly confused here -

As I read this you're at Disney for 10 days, and you have park tickets for 7 days. How were you planning to go into the parks for supper (on "non park" days) if you haven't got tickets ? Or am I not reading it correctly ?

I think he has 7 day passes because he only knows he wants to go in 7 days. In the fly, he might upgrade to 8-10 days so would want fast passes for those days booked now for that eventuality.

As disney dreamer said, you can only get fastpasses for as many days as you have tickets currently.

MaryJaneP

Gotta agree with Captain Hook here in that it is impossible to gain entry to the parks ("into the parks") to visit any of the restaurants or rides in the parks ("after supper") unless you have paid for a park admission ticket for that day. Thus we share the confusion how the OP thinks eating in a park or riding attractions will be possible without a paid park admission. Since this would also allow for FastPasses+ to be obtained, we would think either pay now for additional days and make FP+ reservations on-line in advance or only pay at the time of visit if conditions allow and forgo any FP+ reservations on-line in advance( FP+ only at Kiosks in the parks on day of visit or Standby line).

Long answer short, if you have 7 days of tickets, you are limited to 7 days of FP+ reservations. The system will balk at trying to make reservations on an 8th day.

Last edited:

sbkline

Original Poster
To answer the confusion, we have supper planned for Chef Mickey's on Saturday and 1900 Park Fare on Sunday. On Saturday, we plan a day of off property activities, such as shopping at the Florida Mall, Target, or wherever. On Sunday, we have a day planned to go to the Beach somewhere. However, I strongly consider going into the parks on those days after supper, either me and the two older kids while the wife and baby go back to the condo, or all 5 of us.

I only ordered 7 day tickets because that's all I knew for 100% certain we were doing in the parks. I knew that we could add days as we go, so I thought it made more sense to pay at the gate for any extra days as we went, for whoever is entering, than it is to pay for 8 or 9 days for all 5 of us, and then we decide not to do the parks that night.

In all of the planning, somehow it did not even enter my mind that the system would know how many days I have on my tickets and tell me that I have reached my maximum. I just thought I would get fastpasses for the parks I thought we would enter those nights, and then if we decided not to go after all, I could cancel them. But since it has been two years since our last trip, and I have never done FP+ before, like I said, it never occured to me that I would only be able to get fastpasses for the same amount of days that are on our tickets. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, just that the thought never occured to me. This morning, when I was unable to book fastpasses, the first thought that came to mind was that maybe you're only allowed 7 days at a time. It took a few moments to realize that it is probably because of my tickets. That's how absent minded I was on the whole thing. LOL

I have cancelled my fastpasses for Saturday and Sunday, when we would potentially be going into the parks for a few hours in the evening. If we do end up going into the parks on those days, we'll just ride what we can, or if we're lucky, maybe there will be some fastpasses left. I'm hoping that since Memorial Day is Monday the 25th, the crowds will be died down by Saturday and Sunday, although the "school's out" crowds would probably be coming in by that time, too.

Last edited:

caranate

Are you staying offsite? If so, you can only get FP+ 30 days in advance. Days 9 and 10 may be more than 30 days out.
Staying at the BLT on points for the 4th. I have made 8 days of FP+. It will not let me make any more. I even tried for days within the AP window, but MDE says I have reached my maximum.

Rob562

Staying at the BLT on points for the 4th. I have made 8 days of FP+. It will not let me make any more. I even tried for days within the AP window, but MDE says I have reached my maximum.

Are you staying at BLT the whole trip? Or just the first night?

-Rob

BrianV

That's why. You can only get FP that far out for the number of days you will be on property.

When off property, regardless of your ticket size, you are limited to 7 days at a time.

You get 8 because your are on property 7 nights/8 days. The other two days would fall outside the 7 day off property limit.

I dont get the nuance here--can you explain again. On site, you can book however long your trip is, as long as it is within 60 days? And off site, can only book 7 days, with booking allowed within 30 days?

It would seem the writer could book 8 days when they hit the sixty day mark because they are on site. Then why can't they book up to 7 days for the time they are off site?

CaptainAmerica

I dont get the nuance here--can you explain again. On site, you can book however long your trip is, as long as it is within 60 days?
No. On site you can book however long you're ON SITE. On site for 7 days means you get to book 7 days at 60.

EDIT: Technically, we're talking about a 7 NIGHT reservation, which includes 8 days of FP+ availability. All 7 nights plus checkout day.

BrianV

No. On site you can book however long you're ON SITE. On site for 7 days means you get to book 7 days at 60.

EDIT: Technically, we're talking about a 7 NIGHT reservation, which includes 8 days of FP+ availability. All 7 nights plus checkout day.

Ok, got that part. But then the writer is off site. At 30 days can they book FP+ for their offsite portion too? Or does booking 8 days on site mean that you cannot book any days off site when 30 days roll around? (Someone wrote that off site FP+ reservations were limited to 7 days, so does that me a that because 8 days were book on site, none can be booked off site?). Put another way, if they were onsite for 4 days, would that then limit the number of fastpass reservations available while off site to 3 (because 7-4=3?)

CaptainAmerica

Ok, got that part. But then the writer is off site. At 30 days can they book FP+ for their offsite portion too? Or does booking 8 days on site mean that you cannot book any days off site when 30 days roll around? (Someone wrote that off site FP+ reservations were limited to 7 days, so does that me a that because 8 days were book on site, none can be booked off site?). Put another way, if they were onsite for 4 days, would that then limit the number of fastpass reservations available while off site to 3 (because 7-4=3?)
I believe that this specific issue is applicable to Annual Pass holders only, in which case I believe you're correct. If this were a "regular" guest with a 10 day ticket, they should have access to those final two "offsite" days once they hit 30 days out.

@akayw0718 can you confirm?

BrianV

This falls under the, "the only way you can have more than 7 days is if you stay on-site".

If I stay onsite for 9 nights/10 days with a 10 day ticket, I can book 10 days.
If I stay offsite for 9 nights/10 days with a 10 day ticket - I can book 7 days. I will need to book the other 3 days once they roll into my seven days. So say my vacation starts on Monday, after Monday's FP+ are used and the day is over, I can book Day 8, and so on.

But when you get into, well I'm onsite for 4 nights/5 days, and now I'm offsite - you now get to the 7 day cap.

So if I stay onsite for 2 nights/offsite for the next three:
At 60 days, I get 3 days of FP+.
At 30 days I get access to the last 3 days of my FP, day by day.

If I stay onsite for 7 nights, I can book 8 Days of FP+. If I stay offsite for 2 more nights, the other two days of my 10 day ticket cannot be booked until a day of FP has been used.

Basically:
1. Onsite guests = length of stay/ 60 days
2. Offsite guests = 7 days (or length of ticket, whichever is less)/30 days
3. APs can hold 7 days at one time, spread over a 30 day period. If the AP stays onsite, they can access 60 days, but still only up to the number of days on their reservation.

Thanks! I never understood that until now!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom